• blogette

sew, fashion, more?

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

I’m so excited to finally be back home today, I’ve been gone for over a week and missing my bed and stuffed animals kids!  Last night i came home to a pile of packages full of things I’ve ordered, giveaway winning and my Cold Hands, Warm Hearts package from Much Love, Illy (which I CAN’T WAIT to blog about)!  It was seriously like opening presents on Christmas day, I even did it in my PJs!  ;)

Speaking of Christmas, since it is super fast approaching, my Flavors To Follow features in the upcoming weeks are going to be about all things related to this wonderful holiday!  Since we’ve been out of town, we haven’t been able to decorate our house and we still need to work on buying those Christmas presents.  Hopefully we’ll be decorating our house soon so I can show you pictures of what we decide to do!  One thing that I’ve always wanted to do is make my own stockings, there’s endless possibilities of fabrics, materials, colors that can be made into one of a kind stockings!  But I’ll probably end up buying one this year as I always never seem to have enough time to do anything these days!  Here’s a little collection I’ve put together of handmade stockings I’ve been lusting over and some easy to follow DIY tutorials for the crafty ones!

1 DIY personalized stocking tutorial by my girl thursday
2 handknit personalized christmas stocking by cutie patootees
3 monogrammed christmas stocking tutorial by mandipidy
4 ruffled christmas stockings by gussy
5 eco felt christmas stocking by rik rak
6 free christmas stocking pattern on prudent baby
7 whimsical barkcloth christmas stocking by christmas is love
8 burlap stocking by the goodness centric
9 green dots and stripes stocking by apearantly sew

Aren’t these all just so unique, modern and fun?  But even better is all the little things that will be stuffed inside of them!  ;)  Hope you all have a great weekend!  I am looking forward to relaxing, packaging up a few more orders, attending a (belated) Thanksgiving dinner with friends and cleaning cleaning cleaning since we’re having a friend stay over at our house next week (basically we just clean before we have people come over, sorry Mom).

Has anyone finished their Christmas shopping yet?  Is your house all decorated?

45 Comments ( Reply )

1. ilene
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:10 am

loving all these stockings! great collection!!

AND so excited for you to finally open up that package. :)
    welcome back home, friend.

2. Tamara Nicole
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:20 am

That last one is super duper cute:-)

3. Tamara Nicole
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:21 am

Oooh and I JUST put up my tree, all of my shopping is complete. I am throwing my annual girl’s Christmas party Saturday and I am soooo beyond excited! I think even more this year than ever before:-) wooooo hoo!

Have a lovely weekend dear

4. Nikki
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:46 am

I have massively started decorating, and I usually don’t do it at all! I am hosting a present/craft party next Saturday for local crafters and bloggers, and I wanted my place to look perfect. There are strands of little white lights, home made stockings (which I also just did a diy for on my blog!), and little knitted snowmen so far.
    Shopping? Oh brother. I will tackle that after the party!
    Nikki

5. erica
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 1:05 am

oh my gosh, how inspiring!
    i think i want to try my hand at
    making one this year ^_^

but i never have time either! wah.

house decorated: yes!
    holiday shopping: gulp. nope ;[

i’m so terrible at getting things done
    for the holidays!!

hope you’re having better luck
    at it than i am!

6. Diana Mieczan
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 6:47 am

I love nr. 8 its so sweet! We are about half way done with our Christmas shopping:) Planning to get a few more stuff this weekend
    Hugs and kisses, darling

7. jillian
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 6:54 am

aww number 2 is so sweet! xoxo jcd

8. Nicole
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 7:12 am

Oh, these stockings are just too cute!!!

9. Alison
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 7:14 am

Thanks for including me, sweet lady!

10. Dancing Branflake
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 7:40 am

Yikes! I haven’t even thought about Christmas shopping!

And welcome home! Hope all went well and I am so excited to get my swap gifts. Well, it will be a few weeks but I am excited nonetheless.

11. Brandi
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 7:45 am

I haven’t even STARTED my Christmas Shopping yet!! School first, right? My roommate and I have some little decorations up but I have to wait to get home to NJ to see the tree. And I love today’s flavors to follow — I’ve had “make Christmas stockings” on my to do list for some time now. They will eventually get done, but they’ll have to wait at least another year. In the meantime, I’ll start working on inspiration.

12. margaret
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 8:06 am

Those stockings are GREAT! I’ve been working on ours, hoping to get them finished and up this weekend. Our tree is up and our house is slowly getting filled with cheer. About 1/4 of the presents are bought and three made. Happy Christmas. LOVE your blog!

13. Ms. Megan
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 8:08 am

What beautiful stockings!!!!!!
    Happy holidays friend!!!!!
    xoxoxo

14. yvonne@simplyvonne.com
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 8:16 am

they are all so cute! hubby and I are actually going stocking shopping this weekend so hopefully we’ll find something cute!

have a good weekend!

15. Ashley Hasty
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 8:33 am

I just love rik rak stockings! Someday I’ll break down and get one ;)

16. Mandy [Mandipidy]
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 8:37 am

Sandy, you are the sweetest! Thank you for including my postmark stocking! :] And all these other stockings are absolutely gorgeous… I wish I had 9 kids so that I had a reason to cover my mantle with them! ;]

17. allyn
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 9:40 am

great roundup!

18. Lillian Chang
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 9:55 am

Awww, stockings really do put you in the Christmas spirit!! I so wish I could be a part of all the Christmas decorating this year…but I’ll be going back to Taiwan to celebrate – not that I’m complaining! :) But it’s always fun to get into the Christmas spirit and see all the lights and trees put up! :) I’ll admire from a distance this year :)

19. Alison @ Ingredients, Inc.
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 10:25 am

I love these!! So awesome and fun!

20. Casie
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 10:35 am

LOVE these stockings! That’s one of my favorite parts about Christmas!! Also LOVED yesterdays post AND the new button! Im playing catch up, haha…my iPhone wouldn’t let me play yesterday :P

21. Michelle
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 10:36 am

Can’t wait to see what Ilene sent you!!! :) Those stockings are too cute! Have fun this wknd!! Again, so happy we got to see each other!! <333

22. Jude
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 10:53 am

These are just the most darling stockings! I love #8 and #9, but face it, they’re ALL fab! Hope you have a lovely Friday :)

23. Rebecca
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 11:40 am

I love #2! So sweet and traditional.

24. reeve
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:04 pm

absolutely LOVE #3, #5 and #8…thanks for sharing!

I’m almost all done shopping, just a few more to buy. And I’m decorating today:)

25. Rachel @ a la Modest
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 12:30 pm

I like 3, 5, and 7 the most! So psyched for Christmas :)

26. honeymyheart
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

we are decorated but must shop!! happy friday :)

27. Ashley @ HoneysuckleChic.com
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 2:06 pm

Agreed! I wanted to make my own stockings this year too but I’m hoping for a better machine for my gift from Lewis–ha! I settled on creating festive floral arrangements & wreaths instead. Have a fun & relaxing weekend girly!

Ashley

28. Sarah
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

I love all of those stockings!! I’ve barely started my Christmas shopping. I’m not even going to think about it just yet :)

29. rachel!
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

gosh, these are so cute! i love #5 and #6. it would be awesomeee to make those. we always just need more time… right?!

30. hiyaluv
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

gorgeous stockings and welcome home :)gina

31. shawni marie
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

i love this post sandy! i really have been wanting to make a few stocking s of my own! i need more free time STAT! ahhh. but srsly, so beautiful!

xoxoxoxox
    welcome back home.
    come to sacramento.
    pretty please.

32. Katie
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 7:44 pm

your page is so beautiful. i need to work on mine after seeing this one :) now following you. hope you’ll come visit!

kate xoxox

33. Gracie
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 9:56 pm

I like the cheerfulness these stockings bring. The colours and fun. My house is slowly getting there. As for gifts, I have a lot from Etsy that are coming but I have a good idea what I’m getting everyone. x

34. Exotic Japan
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 11:57 pm

Those stockings are all so cute! I love them all. Thanks for posting. :-)

35. Becky
    Dec 03, 2010 @ 11:59 pm

I always see great stockings, and wish I could buy new ones annually, but it seems awfully wasteful.

I wish I was done shopping! I always think I am, and then figure out I need one more gift (usually 2 days before Xmas).

36. sooki
    Dec 04, 2010 @ 9:36 am

these are all so unique and makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. we just got the tree up and all the trimmings, but haven’t started the shopping yet! eeks!

37. Whimsy Being
    Dec 04, 2010 @ 10:59 am

Cutest stockings!! I haven’t even started shopping yet. bah!

38. erin
    Dec 05, 2010 @ 12:01 am

I have been thinking about making my own stockings too. We don’t have any right now…i can’t decide what to do. :) I do love all of the ones you shared!

39. Sarah
    Dec 05, 2010 @ 7:49 am

these stockings are so sweet and festive! i’ve never had stockings before, and i’ve been thinking of having one this year. and perhaps buy/make one for my boyfriend as well. :)

i haven’t started on my christmas list, but i definitely have written down the names of those i’m planning to give something to. hehe. hopefully i’ll be able to start shopping soon!

beautiful blog, btw! x

40. Marcella
    Dec 05, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

So cute and unique, love the knitted one!

41. Elisse
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 12:49 am

Oh those Christmas stocking are all cute!!!! I started my shopping early this year, oddly enough, and I’m glad I did! I can’t believe how quickly the days are flying by!

42. Maddy
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 10:32 am

I love all these stockings! I actually was gifted a really cool looking high heel shoe stocking this Christmas :)

43. Michaela
    Dec 06, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Love all the stocking! So cute. My grandma stitched each of our stockings that hang on our fireplace at Christmas time (:

44. Victoria
    Dec 07, 2010 @ 8:07 am

Decorations…. check. Shopping… not so much;) These stockings are great though!

45. Holly
    Dec 10, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

Cute stockings!! I’ll have to take photos of the ones my mom made me & my sister when we were little. They’re ENORMOUS!! At least 2 ft!