Entries for this giveaway have been closed, thanks!
Today, I am super excited to introduce you to my big kahuna feature sponsor (this is a new idea I started this month, there is one featured sponsor a month and they always get the top spot) over there on the right, Rouge & Whimsy. Erika, the mastermind behind this brand is relatively new to blogging and just opened up shop over a month ago. But, she’s already hit the ground running. Her fun and adorable personality shines through her blog and I could totally see her beautiful accessories on brides, ladies, little girls alike. I just adore her shop and I know you will too!
1) Tell is a little but about yourself and how you decided to open up shop.
Hi! I’m Erika and I live in Seattle, Washington with my husband and my crazy little dog. I was born with glue and fabric clutched in my hand. No, not really but I’ve always been creative. I started out in high school updating my clothes (ribbon belts, painting jeans, adding lace to the bottom of my skirts, etc) then I moved on to making pillows and that was fun and I was going to sell them, and then I was going to paint old furniture… basically I was hoping from craft-y project to craft-y project. Randomly I started making headbands for my friends as gifts and they loved them and a little light bulb went off… so my etsy shop was born! I love making them and creating new designs. 🙂
2) What are three random facts about you?
I am a dork. A big dork who loved school and loves to share random facts and read.
I have a really loud laugh. I used to get in trouble in college with my roommates because my laugh would be too loud as they studied. Sorry, guys!
I really love my dog. I try to act like I’m not this crazy dog person, but I am. He’s one of my best buddies.
3) Along with your shop, you also have a really fun blog, what’s your favorite thing about blogging?
Oh gosh. Well I love to write! I really do! (Someday I’ll write a book.) And believe it or not, my “real” job is actually blogging for a real estate site then I come home and blog and read blogs. I’m sure if I lived in the era before blogs I’d come home from work and write on paper. 😉 But what I really love the little window into others’ lives that blogging provides.
4) What’s your favorite color combo?
turquoise & coral! or turquoise & orangey-red (which may just be a darker shade of coral.)
5) What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip! 🙂
Rouge & Whimsy is giving away this elastic headband accented with a white feather & pearl bead– Erike will personalize it for a reader and make it in yellow, magenta, white, light pink, turquoise, red, black or purple!
1. Visit Rouge & Whimsy shop and leave a comment with your favorite item!
For additional entries, leave a separate comment for each action.
1. Be a Google Friend Connect follower of Rouge & Whimsy blog
2. Be a Google Friend Connect follower of this blog
3. Follow @sandyalamode and @erikalc on Twitter
4. Blog, facebook, or tweet about this giveaway (make sure to include @sandyalamode and @erikalc in your tweet) and include the link (one entry each)
Feel free to use this tweet:
Win a Rouge & Whimsy flower headband in the color of your choice from @erikalc on @sandyalamode! #GIVEAWAY http://bit.ly/g4Pikl
This giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY and closes on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12PM CST. Good luck!