Entries for this giveaway have been closed. Thanks!
Ever since I started blogging, my appreciation for designs and designers has grown. Oftentimes I find myself trying to dabble in creating buttons or cool photo layouts for my blog, but it just ends up being very plain since I don’t have a clue what I’m doing. Lisa from My Little Buffalo is a crazy talented, she does web design and print design and I’d be surprised if you hadn’t seen her work around the blogosphere. In fact, she’s even created designs for Oh Sweet Joy! and Pretty Things By Meg , two of my very lovely sponsors. Her style is very adorable, colorful, whimsical, and quirky and I just love it so much! Read below to get to know this soon-t0-be mama a little better, enter yourself for a rad giveaway and even get yourself a discount to her design work if you’re interested!
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you began your shop?
Hi! I’m Lisa Nelson, and I started My Little Buffalo, a design, illustration and stationery studio back in 2008. I live and work in the quirky yet lovable city of Portland, OR. I didn’t go to art school or pursue a creative degree, but once I met Adobe Illustrator, I was in love and have been since. Year after year I discover new things about design and illustration, and I love creating the imaginative brainstorms that come from my clients. Portland is an artsy city and I love being pushed into greater creativity everyday!
2) What are your plans for the summer?
I plan to prepare for the arrival of our little nugget! In Lisa lingo that means that I am expecting a little girl in August. We’re moving, saving, cleaning, learning, praying that we’ll do a pretty good job as parents. When I’m not doing all of that, I hope to get away for some camping adventures if at all possible.
3) What are your favorite color combinations?
I used to take the same route that lots do, mustard yellow, robin’s egg blue. Lately though, I have been really drawn to persimmon and brighter colors that go with it. And gray, always gray…
4) What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Its a constant battle for which is better inside my head… chocolate peanut butter, or mint chocolate chip. I still have yet to come to a conclusion
1. Visit My Little Buffalo shop and leave a comment with your favorite item!
For additional entries, leave a separate comment for each action.
1. Be a Google Friend Connect follower of My Little Buffalo
2. Be a Google Friend Connect follower of this blog
4. Follow @sandyalamode and @mylittlebuffalo on Twitter
5. Blog, facebook, or tweet about this giveaway (make sure to include @sandyalamode and @mylittlebuffalo in your tweet) and include the link (one entry each)
Feel free to use this tweet:
Win $20 credit to @mylittlebuffalo’s greeting card and print shop on @sandyalamode! #GIVEAWAY http://bit.ly/ltroVw
This giveaway is open to U.S./Canada readers only and closes on Wednesday June 1, 2011 at 12PM CST. Good luck!