Hey all! My outfit posts are back… but this time POST-PREGNANCY! I have to admit, I kind of miss styling outfits around my growing bump, but am also glad to be able to fit into my old clothes again! As you can probably tell, there’s still a little bit of a bump going on there from all the stretched skin, but it gets smaller and smaller each day, phew. And thanks for Moriah for the New Mom Fashion Tips… I know just what to wear so that my Mom outfit is comfy and stylish! 😉
Not sure if many of you know this, but in Chinese tradition, there’s a certain “postpartum confinement” regimen that people like to follow called “Zuo Yue Zi”. If I follow the rules, I will have a quicker recovery, better appearance, and healthier lifestyle when I grow older. Although I am not following it too strictly, here’s a list of some things that are required and how closely I am following them.
– First of all, there’s a diet that I must follow that consists of lots of soups, herbal drinks, chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, seaweed and I absolutely MUST NOT drink anything cold.
– Technically I am not supposed to shower for the whole month (gross!), but I have definitely broken this one a few times… when I do shower, before and after, I have to drink hot soup.
– Minimize stair walking (although this was doctor’s orders as well).
– Don’t lift anything heavy (although this was doctor’s orders as well).
– Don’t let cold air blow on my body, which means don’t open the fridge and don’t go outside (the only time I’ve been outside was going home from the hospital and taking Austin to doctor’s appointments).
– Bed rest. This one is way too hard to follow, but I do try and get as much rest as I can!
– No crying. If I do so, my eyesight will be worse when I’m older.
So there you have it. This is how I’ve pretty much been living my life for the past couple of weeks, only two more weeks to go of it!
P.S. The winner of the coniLab “This Is My Year” silkscreen print giveaway is Brooke T! Brooke, please send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com with your mailing address and we’ll get the print sent out to you!