• blogette

sew, fashion, more?

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

Life lately has been super overwhelming.  I’m tired all the time and have a million things I need and want to do.  And because I work better in list form, here’s some of the bad and some of the good.  :)

The Bad, Stressful and Ugly

1. Been driving around a huge Chevy Impala rental car for the past few days as my car is still getting fixed. This thing eats up gas like crazy.
2. Waiting for the liability insurance claim to come back to see who was at fault for the car accident.
3. Austin’s sleep schedule at night has varied between 1 hour – 9 hours of sleep for his longest stretch. He may be teething?
4. Had to push back Austin’s 4 mo. appointment because of a client in town.
5. Work has gotten me SO busy and I know I’m not the only busy one on the team, everyone is drowning.
6. Trying to keep up with blog posts. I have lots of outfit pictures and Austin pictures taken and ideas for post, just lacking the time to write them all!
7. Pumping at work is a real pain, I’ll leave it at that.
8. There’s never enough hours in the day.

The Good, Happy and Cheery

1. Seeing Austin smile or giggle makes all things right in the world.
2. This month consists of my first Mother’s Day and me and Marvin’s 3rd wedding anniversary! Excited to celebrate both.
3. I really do love blog writing and reading, just wish I had more time to do it.  I really look forward to reading all your comments at the end of the day!
4. Our neighborhood garage sale is this weekend and I am SO EXCITED! Our neighborhood is FULL of kids so I’m sure we can pick up some great things for Austin. Looking for a jumperoo at an affordable price.
5. 80 degree weather.
6. Having my Mom care for Austin all day, make dinner for us when we get home, and take care of him on weeknights. We are SO blessed.
7. Rocking sweet baby boy to sleep. Although eventually we’ll have to train him to soothe himself to sleep so we can have some more time back in our day, these moments when he is small enough to rock him to sleep are precious. Don’t suppose he’d appreciate me doing that once he’s a teenager.
8. I got instagram, follow me at sandyalamode!  Above are a few of my most recent favorite pictures of Austin.  He’s my little cutie pie!  Looking at these pictures at the end of the day makes all the Bad, Stressful and Ugly seemingly unimportant.

P.S. The winner of the Tookies $25 shop credit giveaway is Laura Royal!  Congrats girl!  Send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize!!

What’s on your good and bad list?

35 Comments ( Reply )

1. Dancing Branflake
    May 02, 2012 @ 9:15 pm

Oh no! Car issues are the worst. I hope it turns out okay. These photos are so sweet- captures the adorableness of Austin so well.

2. katrina
    May 02, 2012 @ 9:40 pm

oh gosh, i’m so sorry to hear about the accident. I’ve had a rental impala before and agree that driving this car is like navigating a BOAT!

3. Natasha Fatah
    May 02, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

The bad sounds annoying and stressful it will pass. The good sounds great – and it will continue to get better.
    And your third to the bad, and the good is the cute – which you’ve illustrated nicely with the pictures. ;)

4. Nicole
    May 02, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

Oh momma- boo for work- pumping at work is such a pain! I pray that your load gets easier! And how great that your mother is there!! :)
    xo

5. MiniMeStyle
    May 02, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

Sandy, I’m amazed at all your able to do! It sounds like things are super stressful and I hope they calm down soon. The good thing about human memory is that one day you’ll look back and only remember the good. :)

6. Mindy Harris
    May 02, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

way to go on pumping at work! you are doing a great job! i think it’s awesome your mom gets to watch austin. that’s a huge blessing! i love his pictures. too to adorbs.

7. Lisa
    May 02, 2012 @ 10:49 pm

Austin is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad: tantrums, Good: playful, talking, hugging, kissing, baby fat. And don’t worry about rocking Austin to sleep. We used it. And our son falls asleep fine. We eased J into soothing himself, and it wasn’t as hard as we thought it would be. Keep your head high, girl! You’re doing great!

8. Closet Fashionista
    May 03, 2012 @ 6:41 am

Austin is so adorable!! :D I know what you mean about all the bad stuff going on, but the good stuff always makes up for it :)

9. Katie
    May 03, 2012 @ 6:49 am

that is awesome that your mom gets to watch austin – what a blessing! and adorable pics of him!! hope you get some time to get stuff done or to just relax – sounds like you need it!

10. yvonne
    May 03, 2012 @ 7:08 am

At the end of the day seeing your baby smiling is the greatest gift isnt it. I can understand all the bad though, i dont know even know how you do it Sandy keeping up with your blog and baby and work. I don’t blog everyday and mainly because I dont really have time to. you are so lucky to have your mother take care of Austin during the day and dont have to worry about cooking when you get off! jealous!

11. Trunks
    May 03, 2012 @ 7:18 am

Hang in there wanz! I’m voting you for Team Lead / Mom of the year!

12. whatever DeeDee Wants
    May 03, 2012 @ 7:58 am

Yay for your first Mother’s Day and 3rd anniversary!

13. blair @ wild & precious
    May 03, 2012 @ 8:10 am

oh girl. he is adorbs!!

isn’t it crazy how different each night can be sleep wise?!

14. fashionablecollections
    May 03, 2012 @ 8:10 am

He is just beyond adorable.

Collections

15. Sharon
    May 03, 2012 @ 8:20 am

I’m glad the good outweighs the bad at the end of the day! Austin is so cute…I adore that photo of him with the hoodie on. The expression on his face is priceless!

-Sharon

16. Virginia
    May 03, 2012 @ 8:29 am

My kids went through weird eating/sleeping times at 5 weeks and 5 months – they ate like crazy. I wonder if it could be something like that? My son got his teeth early too, so maybe it is. Isn’t it funny how as mothers we just have to guess sometimes ;)
    I hope your car issues are resolved and you can get some rest!

17. sooae
    May 03, 2012 @ 9:03 am

a simple smile from either of my girls is all i need to feel grounded. It’s so amazing how God can just give you that gift. No matter how tired, busy , stressed once you see the onces that depend and need you and look up to you the most, just flash a toothy grin you melt. Don’t worry mama, i promise (as for the baby part) that it gets SO much easier. So many people look up to you, you juggle so much! Hope you can take a nice breather this weekend and do nothing work, blog, or anything related and just concentrate on the little guy keke. You deserve it!! <3 xO!

18. Bonnie
    May 03, 2012 @ 9:19 am

Pretty! <3

xx,

Bonnie

19. Christine
    May 03, 2012 @ 9:24 am

You are one busy lady!! I don’t know how you do it?! Hope you get some “YOU” time somewhere in there!!! You definitely deserve it

Christine
    delachic.blogspot.com

20. jasmine (adamalexmommy)
    May 03, 2012 @ 10:23 am

he is soooo cute!!

21. Sarah
    May 03, 2012 @ 10:34 am

I hate feeling stressed and overwhelmed! I’m so glad you have a lot of good to balance it out :)

22. Audrey @ Putting Me Together
    May 03, 2012 @ 11:56 am

SO CUTE.

23. Magali
    May 03, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

Wow Austin is so adorable! :)
    I know how it can get sometimes, take a break from the blog if you need to? Anyway sending some love your way.

24. Susan
    May 03, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

He is so adorable!!
    You are very fortunate to have your mom to help. We’re in Canada so the mat leave is a year making it a tad easier…couldn’t imagine doing it without the help of family!

25. Becky
    May 03, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

Glad your “good” list is still pretty long! My good list: picked up a new job this week (I’m a freelancer)’ the bad: I picked up a new job this week — trying to fit everything in timewise is proving to be tough!

26. Meegs
    May 03, 2012 @ 3:20 pm

Pumping at work is a pain… but way to go mama! :-) I did it for 1.5 years, and was so glad when I stopped, but was so proud for having gone so long.

27. Ivana | Love Ardently
    May 03, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

awww austin is getting so big and cuuuuuute!!! i’ll follow you at instagram.

oh and look out for the fisher price rainforest jumperoo if you happen to find it in the garage sale. my baby loves it and it’s my 30 minutes – 1 hour baby sitter, lol.

28. Fashion Tales
    May 03, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

Sounds like a very busy list, but the good out weighs the bad alone. So that’s wonderful! Beautiful photos. :)

29. Sherry
    May 03, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

I’ll be sure to find and follow you on IG! Sorry about all the stress. I hear ya on the not enough time in the day. I try to find time to do house chores, photography business, run our church website, plan youth events, write posts, and more! Let me know when you find out how to do it all ;) Noah has started teething. I just realized last night he has 2 two coming in…already! It is possible. Is he fussier than normal?

30. Kristin
    May 03, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

He is such a sweetie. It’s so great that your mom can help so much! I don’t know what I would do without mine!

31. Chelsea
    May 03, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

Love that despite your rough circumstances, Austin is there to give you some perspective! He just gets more adorable every day!!

32. Dawn {The Alternative Wife}
    May 03, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

I’m glad that you have all that good to balance out the bad. I can’t even imagine how stressful it must be to have to balance motherhood with a demanding job. Hang in there Sandy. You’re doing an amazing job! :) xoxo

33. erika
    May 03, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

love to you lady! praying that the stressful & ugly go away soon!

34. Kassie
    May 04, 2012 @ 10:53 am

There definitely isn’t enough time in the day!
    Babies smiles and giggles make everything seem perfect though! Just wait until he can kiss and hug you…best thing ever!

35. Lisa
    May 08, 2012 @ 8:29 am

Sounds like you have been very busy and stressed! Glad little Austin can turn your day around and make you so happy! Doesn’t it get you to wonder what you did before him? He’s so cute!