• blogette

sew, fashion, more?

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

I’ve been getting a few requests lately from mama-to-be’s and new mamas about what baby products we used for A and loved.  So I decided to start a new series called “Baby Favorites” where I’d share some of the things that worked for us at a specific age.  Obviously since A is our first baby, there was a lot of trial and error, but these are the products that we’ve settled on.  :)

*the numbers below have the link to the items*

1 Trumpette socks (that really look like babies are wearing shoes) are the most adorable thing ever.  Gotta keep babies warm from head to toe!
2 We love this dolphin tub for bathtime.  It puts A at a 45 degree angle comfortable position and has an insert for when they are smaller and you can take it out when they grow up.
3 A fashionable diaper bag with a changing pad and tons of pockets is KEY.
4 This little moses basket was perfect for us when A was a newborn.  We wrapped him up in blankets and put him inside this basket and put it on the floor in the corner of our room.  It’s also a very portable “bed” so we could move it around to the living room, kitchen, etc. (note: never move it around w/ baby inside though as it isn’t that sturdy)
5 We love this lion mat for tracking A’s growth.  Whether it be a chair, a stuffed animal or a mat, I think it’s a great way to track weekly/monthly growth of your baby!
6 A has always loved being held (what baby doesn’t?) and still does love it.  The ergo makes it way easier to have two hands free to do some other tasks as well!
7 We’ve gone through a whole bunch of bottles and have found that A’s favorite bottles are the Dr. Brown ones.  Every baby is different so you just have to find the one that works for yours!
8 Aden + Anais blankets are adorable, soft, breathable, and just so perfect for swaddling and for using as a cover on chilly days or inside buildings w/ air conditioning on how summer days.
9 After we stopped swaddling A at night, we put him in a sleep sack as the next transition away from being swaddled.  It still gave him a little bit of restriction around his leg area and some more warmth.

And just because I want to, here’s a roundup of SUPER adorable baby onesies.  Onesies are the easiest things for babies to wear, but I have to admit, the ones that button up all the way down the middle are hands down the best.  Onesies that you have to put on over the babies head or zip up or have buttons down one leg aren’t as easy to put on and take off.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Hope you enjoyed this roundup!  What are some of your favorite baby products?

15 Comments ( Reply )

1. JanM
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 11:49 am

I saw #5 at Target and remembered you and your little one instantly! :)

xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I’m having a $50 Shabby Apple Gift Card Giveaway on my blog!

2. Tania
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

I love this post! Mostly because I work for a baby company and I love all the cute little things they have! :) The burberry onsie looks so comfy. I’d totally wear it if it was in adult size!! BTW, I just came across the IT list on someone else’s blog too. Do you participate often?? How is it?

xo

3. Evani
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Definitely keeping all of this in mind when I finally have a little one running around! Thanks for sharing! :)

Evani

4. lisacng
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:04 pm

How cute are those socks! And we have the same tub. So great! Less places for icky mildew to build up compared to our 1st one by Safety 1st. We used a mini-pack-n-play when our son was an infant. Love the classic feel of the moses bed though! Ah, that lion. So cute! YES for sleep sacks. Though they are HUGE!

5. {be merry} kate
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Love this! We just got a HUGE moses basket unexpectedly and I am so excited for it! Seriously though, I think a 2 year old could sleep comfortable in it!

6. Jessa Belle
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

That little basket and the little lion blankie have to be the most delightful little things!!!

Love & Lollies… Jessa

Caked Vintage Blog

7. Ruthy T. (@DiscoveryStreet)
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 12:02 am

This is so helpful! I love these lists as I haven’t finished my registry yet! Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

8. Iliyana
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 3:55 am

so sweeeeet!
    great blog!

9. krystal/village
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 4:45 am

how cute! i love seeing the outfits since we’re having a boy too :)

10. whatever DeeDee Wants
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 8:37 am

I love Trumpette socks! When my little boy was a baby he rarely wore shoes, he mostly roamed around in cute Trumpette socks.

11. chandra ~ oh lovely day
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 10:24 am

Totally agree on 1, 3, 7 & 8! Dr. Browns bottles are the best (though such a pain to wash!), LOVE Aden + Anais swaddle blankets (I always give those as gifts) and our Ergo. And Charlie lived in those “shoe” socks for his first 6 months :) And he still wears a sleep sack at 19 months! They make ones with holes for the feet – he moves so much a blanket never stays on him. Great list!

12. Tabitha
    Jun 24, 2012 @ 11:33 am

Yay your list just got me so excited. I have majority of these items just waiting for our baby to arrive. Thank you for sharing!

13. Hannah
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 10:14 am

I love the cute little onesies. Gosh, my baby is 16 months now and it’s so hard to believe he use to be so small.

14. Ivana | Love Ardently
    Jun 26, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

We also use #2 and #6! And i’m swooning over that janie and jack sailboat shortall… how adorable!

15. Emma Finlayson
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 8:20 pm

Concur with everything except the Ergo. I couldn’t ever get used to it and my little guy hated it!