• blogette

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

IMG_3357

A few weeks ago, I asked y’all in a blog post to ask me any questions you wanted in the Comments section.  First of all, thanks to all that asked questions, and second of all, sorry for taking so long to get back to y’all on them!  But here is Part 1… Part 2 or maybe 3 will come in a future post!  And yes, that’s me wearing my denim vest again (I know I wore it on the blog not too long ago).  And can I just add that I’m in love with my Sam Edelman Gigi nude sandals?  They match with pretty much ANY summer outfit.

IMG_3360

IMG_3361

IMG_3365

IMG_3366

IMG_3367

IMG_3369

If you could have dinner with one woman of historical significance (alive or dead), who would it be and why?

This is a tough one for me.  But I think I would love to meet Vera Wang.  It is always interesting to follow Asian Americans that have paved their way and made a name for themselves in American culture, and she’s a fashion icon, so we’d have a lot in common to talk about!  ;)

What other languages do you speak?

I speak Chinese (Mandarin).  My Mom always spoke this to be growing up and I went to Chinese School on Friday nights from when I was in 1st grade through 12th grade (talk about dedication and giving up on my Friday nights)!  Since being on my own and starting my own family, I don’t speak it nearly enough and am definitely losing it / struggling to speak it sometimes, but I do try to teach Austin some simple words (when I remember to).

Where do you get your style inspiration from and/or who is your style icon?

My style icon would have to be Olivia Palermo.  I am just in love with simple, elegant style and want every one of the handbags she owns.

Okay my question, do you prefer shopping alone or with a friend?

This is a TOUGH one, but I would say with a friend.  I love getting opinions from others on how things look.  Many times when I do shop alone, I end up texting dressing room pictures to friends to ask them “Yay or nay?” so I might as well have them there with me anyways!  ;)

How has having children changed or not changed your style?

Having a child has not changed my fashion by much.  I just have to get over the fact that many of my clothes will get snot and drool stains on them and just be OK with it.

What’s your favourite fast food place and why?

Oh wow!  I have too many!  But I would have to say In N Out or White Castle… but sadly, I can’t get either where I live!  Maybe it’s the fact that they are special treats when I go to cities that do have them, that make them so special HA!  Oh and for In N Out, I love the Cheeseburgers Animal Style and for White Castle, well their little burgers are just oh-so-tasty!

How do you find time to do it all? Work full time, have family time, and then keep up with sponsorships and time for your blog?

The key to this one, is a really amazing husband, no joke.  And the drive to always be wanting to be busy and not really taking much time to relax.  Basically I work an 8AM – 5PM full time job during weekdays, pick up Austin from daycare and play with him for a little bit, my husband and I take turns preparing dinner, and then do the bath/bedtime routine for Austin together.  After Austin is asleep, I spend a few hours blogging each night while my husband relaxes.  We spend a couple minutes each weekday doing a little bit of cleaning/errands but then spend the bulk of our weekends doing this as well.  We definitely don’t go out as much as we used to on weekends, so we have a lot of family/home time but most blogging does happen on weekday nights or weekends!  As for sponsorships, Passionfruit Ads has been a life and time saver!  I used to have to manually update my ads at the end of the month, send Paypal invoices, etc, but Passionfruit Ads takes care of it ALL for me!

What’s your middle name? Have you always gone by Sandy? What are your feelings about your name, on the whole?

My middle name is Hwa and it’s the same as my brother’s.  It’s just a literal translation of our Chinese middle name.  I don’t ever use that name though.  As for Sandy, I haven’t always gone by that.  My official legal name is Sandra, so a select few people do call me that.  During 4th grade, I decided I wanted to spell my name with an “i”, so Sandi, just for the mere fact that I can use a heart for the dot in the i instead of a dot.  It changed back to Sandy in 5th grade.  But pretty much, I have used Sandy for the majority of my life.  Feelings on my name?  I like it.  It rhymes with my brother’s name, which is Andy, HA!  And it’s easy to say so people can’t butcher it.

Outfit Details

Dress: Questhaven Fashions
Vest: J.Crew
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Sunglasses: Sole Society
Necklaces: Petitor, Swell Caroline
Earrings: Anthropologie
Bag: Coach

Linking up to Keeping it Casual linkup!

P.S. Winner of the TWELVElittle Courage Satchel Olive Baby Bag giveaway is Whitney L. of Rambles of a SAHM!  Congrats girl!  Email me at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com with your mailing address and we’ll get your new bag out to you soon!

If anyone wants to join in on answering any of these questions about yourself in the comments, I’d love to hear it!  Especially your style icon, languages you speak and favorite fast food restaurant! :)

23 Comments ( Reply )

1. Denysia Yu
    Sep 03, 2013 @ 11:43 pm

I had to attend Chinese school too. Unfortunately it was on Saturday Mornings, so I hated getting up early on the weekends! And missing out on watching cartoons when I was a kid.

2. Sarah
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 5:49 am

What a great dress- and those sandals are awesome- definitely match with everything! I loved reading these questions and getting to know more about you.

3. Krysten
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 7:39 am

Thanks for giving us a little insight into you. And I love your dress!

4. Annie
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 8:11 am

So fun to learn more about you Sandy! And I LOVE the denim vest with the dress :)

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

5. Brooke
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 8:32 am

You look great—I love your hair like that! These Q&As are such great insight. I love how your style has not changed by having kids—I think it is important to stick to who you are as an individual. I’d like to think my style won’t change when I have kids either!

xo honestly, b.

6. Vodka Infused Lemonade
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 9:59 am

Love the dress with the vest. Gorgeous.

Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow and link up for my weekly Tres-Chic Fashion Thursday Link Up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

7. Alissa
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 11:30 am

YAY! I LOVE this post! I want to meet up with you and have coffee soon!

8. Evani
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

In and Out is such a crowd favorite! It was great getting to know you better Sandy!

9. Always Maylee
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 12:53 pm

I love your dress, you look gorgeous. I speak mandarin too! My parents made me go to chinese school when I was little but it only lasted maybe 2 years, haha. And I love the reason for Sandi vs Sandy, hahaha. :)

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

10. Ashley
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

This dress is gorgeous and I love your side bun!!
    Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

11. Amy
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

Great dress! I love it paired with the denim jacket. Thanks for the reminder that I need one.:)
    xoAmy

12. lucia
    Sep 04, 2013 @ 10:34 pm

13. ilene @muchloveilly
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 10:40 am

cute outfit – love the dress especially! and for a sec, i thought you were showing midrifff…and i was like “hot momma!” you still are a hot momma, whether or not that was skin i was seeing. ;)

14. Kat
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 11:28 am

Love the print on this dress and the denim vest is the perfect addition! Love getting to know you a little more Sandy! xx Kat

Love and Ace

15. nancy @ adore to adorn
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

Great outfit! Love the nude sandals too…you’re right they go with everything. And also loving your Q&A in this post. I love getting to know bloggers more!
    xo,
    nancy

16. melissa blake
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 12:26 pm

I love learning about other bloggers, so thanks for this! xoxo

17. Kacie's Kloset
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

Cute outfit! I loved getting to learn more about you :)

18. anngelik
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 12:45 pm

That is a beautiful dress! I love the color and print.

-Vogue&Heels

19. Lauren
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

LOVE this dress! The colors are so gorgeous!! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

20. Emma
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:11 pm

I love your dress and love seeing you on my bloglovin feed (:

xx

21. Shannon Hearts
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 7:34 pm

Sandy, I am in LOVE with this outfit from head to toe. The dress, the denim vest, the hair… it’s all perfection! :)

On a quick side note, I wanted to thank you so much for your sweet comment on my last blog post. It was such a hard post for me to write, but I felt so much better after reading your comment. :) You are such a beautiful person inside and out and I’m so happy that we’ve become friends. I hope we can meet in person one day! XOXO.

22. Emily Beth
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 11:29 am

Love that dress! Such a fun summer look

Emily Beth

23. Georgina
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 6:03 am

I’m a new follower so this entry really helped me get to know you! You are so lucky to speak Mandarin – I’m a linguist by background but did a year of Mandarin classes and my goodness, is it complex! I will be starting lessons again when I have more time but progress was very slow – I loved it, though!

Georgina