• blogette

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s with real great stress, excitement, anxiety, and joy that I want to share with you all that WE ARE MOVING!  Yes, like physically moving… at the end of June!  My husband and I are still staying with our current companies (we work at the same place), but my husband got offered to take a new job and relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah!  Which means, I will be doing my same job, but working from home (virtually).  Our move is currently slated for 2 years with an optional 3rd year.  But things can always change in that amount of time, so who knows!

My current job was the first one I got out of college.  It was in a new city (Kansas City, MO), I had to make new friends, I had to learn all about healthcare IT, and it was the first time I was truly on my own.  Kansas City, MO was the place I met my husband, the place we grew our lives together, the place we bought our first house together, the place we had our first born son together, the place I cultivated many real life blogging buddies.  I’ve been living in this city for 9 years and working at the same place as well, pretty crazy to think that I’ve kept the same job for so long.  When this opportunity to move was placed in front of us, at first, we were like, “no way”, this can’t happen for our family.  We have another one on the way, Austin loves his daycare, things are comfortable, why rock the boat?  But after lots and lots of discussion over the past few months, we changed our thoughts to, “why not?”.  It’s an opportunity to advance my husband’s career, the kid(s) are young so it’s not like they have entered school and have a lot of friends yet, and we really have been in the same city for almost a decade that a change could be fun!  I’m always the type of person to want to try new things, new foods, new adventures, and although this is a BIG NEW thing, I’m going forward excited and positive about this move.  :)

I’ve been to Salt Lake City once when I was younger and then we just went again a couple weeks ago to visit.  All I hear about this place is that it is “beautiful” because of the mountains and I totally have to agree.  It will be a BIG change going from the Missouri plains to being surrounded by mountain peaks.  It’s a very family friendly city and they have a Pinkberry at the airport and In-N-Out’s in town (what more could I ask for haha?).

The hardest parts of this move I feel like will be Austin adjusting to a new place and doing all this while pregnant.  Well and for my husband to learn a whole new job.  And me getting used to NOT going into the office each day (I actually do LOVE going into the office and socializing and working out at our campus).  Again, I’m optimistic that with time and patience, we’ll find our groove in a new city, but things like this blog might suffer for a little bit while our move pans out.  I know there’s a GREAT big blogging community out there (and Alt Summit too!) and I’m excited to meet some new friends as well.  I want to take the family on hikes and start Austin on skiing early.  I’m excited to have new restaurants to try and museums, zoos, places to take Austin to open his eyes to the vast world.  If anyone has suggestions for things to do around there, please please let me know so I can start adding them to my list!  :)  And if anyone is in the area (either visiting or traveling), please do let me know so we can meet up!

22 Comments ( Reply )

1. Erin
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 7:18 am

Awww congrats to you and your family! KC will be sad to see you go!! I know it can be sa do leave a place with so many memories! Best of luck to you as your prepare for the big move!!

2. Karen
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 7:34 am

so excited for you… moves are SO bittersweet… but in the end, I always have the “itch” to move after 2-3 years in a place… that’s what being married to a pilot in the Air Force has done to me! ha !

3. Lauren
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 7:43 am

Congratulations! This is so exciting! As someone who just moved (within the same city) while pregnant, I can attest that it is exhausting! Be sure to take lots of breaks! I probably pushed myself a little too hard! ;)

4. jillian
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 7:45 am

congrats! such exciting news!! i am so happy for you and your family! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

5. Nicole Schumacher
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 7:49 am

Congrats lady! It’s like blogger central up there too! I’ll be praying for you, I know how much of an adjustment it is to move with a newborn, so I’m glad you get to do it pre baby! We’ll miss you in KC!
    xo

6. Yaudy Cristina
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 8:35 am

7. Happiness at Mid Life
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 9:26 am

Congtrats to you and your family. That’s great that you can work from home with your current job. I’ve never been to SLC but it sure looks like a great place to live.

Alice

8. Always Maylee
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 10:22 am

Congrats! That is so exciting!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

9. Sarah Geltz
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 10:29 am

What an awesome opportunity! You’ll be missed! xo

10. Sarah C
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

So exciting, congrats! We love SLC, we try to go snowboarding there at least once and before kids twice a year, we’re hoping to get there this next winter..we’ll meet up for dinner!

11. lisacng @ expandng.com
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 3:00 pm

Congrats on the big move! Wishing you a smooth transition in everything.

12. Ngan
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 6:36 pm

That is huge! Congrats and best of luck to you all! KC will miss you for sure! I hope you’ll come back to visit. :)

13. Shea
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 8:36 pm

Wow Sandy that is exciting news! I’m sad you’re leaving KC but I know you have an amazing adventure ahead of you. Can’t wait to hear all about it! (And I hope we can get together before you go!)

14. Jamie
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 9:15 pm

Congrats on the amazing opportunity for your husband and you! Can’t wait to hear about your adventures in Salt Lake City

15. Krysten
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 7:27 am

Holy cow how exciting!

16. Agi
    Jun 05, 2014 @ 9:20 am

Congratulations on the move!!!!!!

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

17. Sarah Ruhlman
    Jun 06, 2014 @ 1:47 am

I’m sure going to miss you! Congrats on the exciting adventure!

18. Jana
    Jun 07, 2014 @ 7:10 am

Sandy I’m so excited for you! What an amazing opportunity! Congrats and good luck with your move! Hope you still come back and visit KC!

Xo Jana
    W

19. Lauren
    Jun 08, 2014 @ 10:15 am

So so excited for you! You will be missed but what an adventure! We will definitely have to stay in touch. Best of luck!

Lauren

20. Jessica
    Jun 08, 2014 @ 12:04 pm

This sounds so awesome! Congrats!

21. Dancing Branflake
    Jun 09, 2014 @ 12:41 pm

You need to meet Alicia Crowley! Do you know her? She’ll show you all about Salt Lake. I went to school in Provo, so went up there often. You need to go to The Pie for amazing pizza!

Congratulations! Holy moly that dress is too gorgeous for words on you!

22. LeeAnne
    Jun 12, 2014 @ 3:03 am

Hi Sandy,

Congratulations on your husband’s new job and on your second pregnancy! I too, if God will grant us, want to have a baby girl one day!
    Best of luck for your new adventure in Utah! Ow, and your family pictures are just beautiful! Before I got pregnant, I wanted to take such pictures, but in reality, I was exhausted all the time, so I didn’t have any other desire to do that. :(

Visit me: