8 Pieces, 12 Outfits with Winnie & Kat

Hi friends! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! I am so happy to bring you this post that I’ve been working on for awhile now. It’s one of those “let’s see how many outfits you can make with limited pieces” or “capsule wardrobe” type of posts. When I was first introduced to Winnie & Kat. I noticed that their store really was made up of essential items from tops to bottoms to dresses to accessories.  Their pieces are typically one solid color or a simple pattern like stripes.  I definitely think that their items flatter a variety of body sizes and shapes and could be worn through many ages of women.  So I wanted to show you all how I picked out 8 of their pieces and created 12 outfits from those pieces.  Really, there’s probably a million other outfit combinations I could do, but you get the point.  For the outfits, I stuck with only their pieces and then added my own shoes, belts, handbags and hats to vary up the looks.  For my 8 pieces, I chose 1 tank, 2 outerwear pieces, 1 accessory, 1 pants, 2 skirts and 1 dress.

Sandy-a-la-Mode-Styling-Winnie-&-Kat

Let’s break down all the outfits here…

Outfit #1

Sandy a la Mode | Fashion Blogger 8 Pieces, 12 Outfits with Winnie & Kat Sandy a la Mode | Fashion Blogger 8 Pieces, 12 Outfits with Winnie & Kat

For this look, I went with black harem pants (these might be my fave item!), a throw that was tied as strapless shirt and a white shawl over it.  I styled it with some neutral accessories like leopard, black necklace and a tan bag.  To me, this would be an every day look.

Outfit #2

For this look, I swapped out the scarf and put in a staple pink tank top.  I threw on some heels and added a floral clutch and this look is ready for going out on the town!

Outfit #3

For this look, it is actually similar to #1, but I swapped out for a clutch and shorter shrug.  I like this nude shrug a lot because it’s would be great for all seasons.

Outfit #4

For this look, I paired one of their simple tanks with the ruched pencil skirt.  I like that this skirt can hide some belly chub and still look flattering.  This would be what I would consider a clubbing look.  😉  Those days are long past thought… :/

Outfit #5

For this look, I wore the throw as a shirt again, put on a shrug and added some more pops of color in the bag and shoes.  I just love how turquoise and yellow go together.  I consider this outfit good for going to the Farmer’s Market.. or doing some shopping!

Outfit #6

This one is similar to the first skirt one, but it’s totally dressed down.  I wore the white cardigan tied over the waist for a effortless casual look and did a little tribal print + leopard pattern mixing.

Outfit #7

This next look is styled with their striped maxi skirt.  I wore the simple pink tank and tied the long ends of the cardigan up in front.  Of course, the floral crown makes it look oh so romantic and dreamy. 🙂

Outfit #8

Sandy a la Mode | Fashion Blogger 8 Pieces, 12 Outfits with Winnie & KatSandy a la Mode | Fashion Blogger 8 Pieces, 12 Outfits with Winnie & Kat/p>
I love the idea of pulling a maxi skirt up to make a maxi dress, as this is exactly what I did here.  The dress is the only piece needed and I like to belt it to give it some more shape.

Outfit #9

I kept the same maxi skirt turned into dress before but added on a whole bunch of layers.  I think this outfit is PERFECT for traveling days.  Layers are key especially when it’s hot out but the airplane is freezing cold!

Outfit #10

If you don’t yet own a little black dress, well you absolutely NEED one.  I love this wrap one but I actually made it into looking like a skirt since I tied the white cardigan over.  Black and white looks are always so classic and you can dress it up with color!

Outfit #11

I turned the colored throw into a shawl and I think made this dressy look even more fancy.

Outfit #12

And lastly, a little black dress really can speak for itself.  I dressed it up with a whole bunch of tan neutral colors for a very chic and classic look.

Whew!  Was that fun or what?  Obviously there are endless outfit remix possibilities but I just showed you 12 here… that’s almost half a month worth of outfits with just 8 pieces!  I really do have a crazy amount of clothes and need to start cutting things down.  I know a ton of people are into capsule wardrobes and I truly believe that Winnie & Kat has some great pieces to get those types of wardrobes going.

Outfit Details:

Wrap Shawl | Short Sleeve Faux Wrap Dress | Best Tank Ever | Harem Pants | Shrug | Nautical Maxi Skirt | Wrap Me Up Throw | Body-Con Pencil Skirt

Photography by Lori Romney Photography

This post was written in partnership with Winnie & Kat.

So, I want to know, which outfit is your favorite?

1. June 28, 2015 / 9:04 pm

Love all the outfits! Such versatile pieces.
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

2. June 28, 2015 / 10:59 pm

Absolutely love every one of these outfits! How inspirational to use these 8 pieces so efficiently!

3. June 29, 2015 / 12:35 am

Such versatile pieces!! You styled them all very well. I do a lot of mix and match when I’m on vacation so I can pack less.

~ xo Sheree
    IG: @poshclassymom

4. June 29, 2015 / 1:28 am

I am a big one for mixing and matching outfits! I love the combinations of what you did as it now does inspire me!

5. June 29, 2015 / 2:10 am

How wonderful I am so busy in the morning getting ready for work this is great how you were able to use these 8 pieces and get 12 different looks. I am going to try to go through my closet , find some similar items and see if I can do the same thing. Thanks for sharing this 🙂

6. June 29, 2015 / 4:32 am

I just love how you combine these 8 pieces!
    Especially like the variations with the striped maxi skirt 🙂 Who would have thought that basics can be so multifaceted?
    What a great post!

Micky♡

7. Shannon
    June 29, 2015 / 5:53 am

Omg I love this! All of these combos are so perfect and I am in love with that last look! Those shoes are amazing!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

8. June 29, 2015 / 6:03 am

wow great outfits! I’m impressed 😀
    you really put a lot of effort in your posts ♥

xx
    Selina | Selinas Inspiration

9. June 29, 2015 / 6:14 am

I am a stylist with Winnie & Kat and I love how you have styled all our pieces! You showed how versatile our collection is. You look on trend but still classic. Thank you for loving W&K!

10. Denise
    June 29, 2015 / 7:36 am

This was great to show how you can change things up and not spend a lot on clothes. This is great for all women

11. June 29, 2015 / 8:14 am

I like the outfits with the black skirt, especially the one with that beige sweater…and the maxi dress, and black flared dress are cute too! Loving most of the looks!! So cool!!… You look great in all of them!

Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Cold-Shoulder Floral Romper

12. June 29, 2015 / 9:05 am

Great outfits, such a wonderful idea! And I’m loving your holographic shoes! 🙂

Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! 🙂
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    Bloglovin
    Facebook 🙂

Kisses from Zurich,
    K

13. June 29, 2015 / 10:09 am

So creative and fun, love all the outfits, especially that chic little black dress. So cute with your botties and hat!

xx 365Hangers

14. June 29, 2015 / 10:24 am

You are so good mixing and matching outfits. You look pretty too in the different outfits and you carry yourself well.

15. June 29, 2015 / 11:23 am

I love all the outfits. Mixing and matching is really the key to stretch your wardrobe.

16. June 29, 2015 / 12:45 pm

I love how you came out with so many outfits!
    I need to get those pieces

17. June 29, 2015 / 1:11 pm

These are such cute outfits! I love that they all can be swapped around and changed up fairly easy.

18. June 29, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Love the black dress, black skirt and the black pants–with a couple of blouses they really could be worn a lot of ways!

19. June 29, 2015 / 2:27 pm

All of these outfits look great on you! I love outfit number 6. It’s casual but very stylish!

20. June 29, 2015 / 5:22 pm

Love how versatile all these pieces are! I love the last look the most

21. June 29, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Nice! My wife is always looking for versatile clothes that she can use in multiple outfits. I’ll have to share this with her.

22. June 29, 2015 / 5:56 pm

This is great! I love to see what ideas other people have about ways to rework wardrobe pieces to get the most of what you have. These are some really nice suggestions. Thank you!

23. June 29, 2015 / 6:53 pm

I like them all but #2,8 and 12 are my favorites! Very versatile! Love the shiny green shoes too! Fun post.

24. June 29, 2015 / 8:34 pm

These look amazing (all the outfits), I love the ones with the added hats. I just realized you had a link up, will link up tomorrow. Thanks for linking up to “Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me” each Tuesday and you are welcome for the feature last Tuesday.
    Rachel xo

25. Angelic Sinova
    June 29, 2015 / 9:09 pm

Outfit 2 and 7 are my FAVORITES! This is such a cool post. I love how versatile these outfits/clothes are <3

26. June 29, 2015 / 9:45 pm

I like all of the outfits. My favorite piece is the black and white striped dress!

27. June 30, 2015 / 9:43 pm

That maxi dress is so much fun. It looks really cozy but very fashionable.

28. Rebecca Swenor
    July 1, 2015 / 5:39 am

These are all awesome outfits indeed. I love the shoes and the hat for sure. The mixing and matching is something I love to do and it is so much cheaper indeed. These are adorable outfits for sure. Thanks for sharing.

29. July 1, 2015 / 11:38 pm

I really love the pencil skirt and maxi dress – I’m a keep it simple type gal so I love that you created so many differet combos with those pieces!

30. July 3, 2015 / 1:51 pm

I love all of those outfits you have posted! <3 I can't even pick my favorites haha I like those mix and matches too.

31. July 8, 2015 / 10:08 am

the versatility is just INSANE! What a great post!!!
    Thanks for linking up.
    C

32. July 11, 2015 / 5:19 pm

Love all of the different outfits you came up with, they look great! my favourites have to be the maxi dress outfits though, especially the last one!

Thank you for joining the Wednesday Pants Link Up I co-hosted!

Away From The Blue

33. July 11, 2015 / 6:00 pm

What a fun post, and you styled each item so well! It is a bit unfair that each piece looks sooo good on you. 😉 Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Wind-Down party!

34. July 12, 2015 / 8:56 am

Every single one of these outfits is adorable! Love the inspiration to mix it up with basic pieces.