Today’s post is sponsored by Pure Leaf, but my love for tea is my own!
If you have been following along with me, you know that I am a busy bee, and I actually like it that way. I am a mom of 2, healthcare IT consultant, fashion/lifestyle blogger and LipSense distributor. It’s really hard for me to get some “me” time, but I absolutely think it’s necessary for moms (and dads) to get a little bit of time to reset, especially before the crazy busy holiday season.
5 Simple Ways For Busy Moms To Get Some Me Time
- Wake up early, before your kids get up, and enjoy a cup of Pure Leaf tea. They just released 10 new bagged and loose tea varieties that I got to try out and I have to say, they are quite tasty, especially the Iced Black Tea with Peach – it is designed to be iced tea, but I really enjoyed it hot! I love that each package comes with a generous amount of bags and they do just the job to perk me up.
- Go out and get a spa service, whether it’s a massage, pedicure, eyelash extensions, hair wash (with massage), or a back massage, these are great ways to feel great and get de-stressed at the same time. I will usually do these during my lunch break or during the hour between after work and daycare pick up.
- Swap babysitting services with friends. We use my son’s close friends as a babysitter sometimes and we swap services. We will watch her kid while they go out and do errands, or they will watch ours so we can get some stuff done. Or just getting any babysitter so you can go out and do those errands that you’ve been putting off, is a great way to check off that to-do list and get some “me” time. Target run, anyone?
- Going out for an occasional girls night. I LOVE having girl friends and think it’s totally important for all moms to have. Having other moms that you can confide in or who have gone through the same struggles is always a good thing to have. Even if it’s just someone online or in a Facebook mom group, having other girl-friends and mom friends to just chat with, text, or go out with is always something I love to have.
- Veg out after the kid’s go to sleep. For me, I like to sit on my phone and catch up on social media, I do my best blogging, I listen to music, anything goes after the kids are in bed. Sometimes I get lost in all the tasks I need to do, but have to remember that some nights should be reserved to hang out with the hubby too. 😉
Photography by Shailynn Photography
How about you? What do you do to give yourself a little “me” time?