The other day, my good friend Laura of Walking In Memphis In High Heels came to visit me and we had an amazing time together! Laura and I have so many similarities in our lives that it’s not even funny. We both work full time jobs, basically have full time blogs, love Mommy and me fashion, and both are moms with little girls around the same age. No matter how busy life is, I always think that it is important to have other girl friends, other mom friends, who you can relate with, whether they live close or if they are just a text message or phone call away.
5 Reasons Why You Absolutely Need Mom Friends
- Mom friends don’t judge. Whether you are late, you take too long to text back, your clothes are covered in spit up, mom friends GET IT. They have likely been there in the same situation as you once before, so they wouldn’t judge you for things that you may think others would.
- Mom friends don’t care if kids are the topic of conversation. Does anyone else feel like they talk about or think about their kids all the time? My husband and I just took a mini staycation and I can’t even tell you how many times we talked about our kids. If you are out with your mom friends, talking about your kids (or their poop) is a perfectly normal conversation topic.
- Mom friends are prepared for anything. Have you seen a mom’s diaper bag? If you need a baby wipe for that stain or a snack to keep your blood sugar up, your mom friend will likely have their diaper bag fully stocked with any daily essentials to survive.
- Mom friends help you survive motherhood. I think one of the hardest parts of motherhood, especially with a newborn, is the feeling that you are messing up every step. Telling the difference between right and wrong when it comes to your baby can sometimes be a fuzzy line, because every baby is different. But just knowing that you are not alone in your situation or that choices you have made are OK and as long as YOU are doing what’s best for your child, things will usually be OK.
- You can use your kids as an excuse to catch up. And lastly, sometimes it can be hard to catch up with mom friends. I have a ton that I chat with via text or Facebook messenger or Instagram (a lot that I haven’t even met in person but have met through blogging), but also having ones that you can meet up with is always a great thing too. And you can bring your kids along for a play date, while you mamas chat and connect, win-win!!
Photography by The High Pines
Shop floral jumpsuits: