This post is sponsored by Shopko, but all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Fall, this is one of my very favorite seasons ever. I love the changing leaf colors, the perfect warm weather with chilly nights, pumpkin everything and being able to layer with clothing. However, Utah’s fall is rather short compared to other places, and we maybe get like a month of it and then it feels like winter weather before we know it. I started shopping for fall fashion back when it was 90 degrees still, so I want to make sure to get the most wear out of my clothing all through the winter as well. Shopko is one of those unexpected places I look to for affordable, on trend clothing. I am absolutely obsessed with this Jessica Simpson plaid button down, with choker details and tie sleeves. And I wanted to share 5 fall to winter must-have transitional pieces, that I think you need!
Photography by The High Pines
- Plaid – I usually grab a few plaid pieces during the fall that will last me through the holidays. I love a black and white one, one with some fall colors, and a red plaid for the holidays. I love wearing plaid in my clothing and accessories too!
- Velvet – Fall and winter is usually a good time to wear velvet because it usually a heavier fabric that is best worn for chillier weather. I love all colors of velvet and even crushed velvet too.
- Ruffles – I feel like ruffle tops became pretty popular in recent years, but I love them across the neck, chest, and on the arms! They just add a little fun detail to a top!
- Lace Up Tops – I love love lace up tanks, tees, long tees and sweaters. Again, it’s another fun chic detail to spice up a top.
- Moto Jackets – I probably own too many moto jackets, but you got to have one basic neutrals as well as a few fun colors right? They are such a chic outerwear option and are great over tops, sweaters and dresses!
Shopko is a great place to shop for all these transitional pieces. Right now, if you sign up for their newsletter, you can get $10 off $30! Also, don’t forget to enter to win their $500 shopping spree!