4 Basic Work Wardrobe Essentials + Linkup!

IMG_7884

The other day when I was at work, my coworker said to me, oh wow, I don’t see you wear pants very often! Oh shoot, that probably didn’t sound right out if context. LOL. But she just meant that I’m always wearing dresses and skirts… and hardly top and pants haha! However, lo and behold, come Fall and Winter, those blouses, pants and pumps are in full force, I promise you. So I just wanted to talk more about this classic type of work outfit and my 4 basic work wardrobe essentials that any working woman should have!

IMG_7881 IMG_7907

IMG_7914 IMG_7930 IMG_7968

My outfit:

Blouse: Morning Lavender (on SALE here)
Pants: J.Crew
Shoes: Ann Taylor
Bag: Dagne Dover
Lash extensions: Ebllashes

4 Basic Work Wardrobe Essentials

1. Blouses – My goal in life is to own a classic and stylish blouse in every color and then a few in some fun prints. That’s honestly all that is necessary for a work wardrobe. Well actually, you probably don’t need a blouse in EVERY COLOR, but maybe at least a white, black, nude and a fun color at least! Blouses can come in a variety of styles and materials. I like the loose fitting ones that are about 3/4 length sleeves or that you can roll up the sleeves. Blouses can have a fun detail in the front, buttons or even a bow.

Shop blouses:

2. Pants – I honestly think this might be one of the hardest things to shop for, but finding a GREAT work pant can be tough. I feel like you have to find the brand that really fit with your body type and then I usually just buy a bunch of colors. I like to have a black, grey, striped, khaki work pant always available.

Shop pants:

3. Pumps – Throughout the Summer, I actually wore a lot of sandals or strappy shoes to work (since we have a pretty business casual attire), but on those days I want to be a little more professional, pumps are my go to. It’s always important to have a black and a nude staple, but these fun pink bow ones I have really amp up the stylish factor of the outfit. This is one of those things that is totally OK to own one in every color too! 😉

Shop pumps:

4. Laptop Bag – This one has also been difficult for me to find, but finding the perfect laptop bag that is stylish and functional is really hard. I have 2 Dagne Dover bags now that I rotate between, this black one and an ivory one with a more vertical shape. There are really not that many options out there for cute laptop bags I feel, so I am so happy to have found this brand!

Shop laptop bags:

4-Basic-Work-Wardrobe-Essentials

on trend tuesdays linkup 7-19-16

Kileen | Me

summer-maxi-dress

The winner of last week’s most clicked link is Jess of J Petite! Gosh, I need that maxi dress in my life!!!

Tuesday Linkup

Please make sure to add the button or link back to myself and Cute & Little in your post and go and comment on at least 5 other blogs, please please!!! :) We want this to be a community of fashionistas to keep you inspired and supporting each other is what we are all about!

1. July 18, 2016 / 11:00 pm

I don’t wear too pants much either, I am a skirt/dress kind of gal. Love this feminine work outfit!

Thank you for hosting and hope you are having a fab week!

Alice

Hope to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

2. July 19, 2016 / 5:26 am

Oh I miss the days of getting dressed in office appropriate attire! There really are so many beautiful things available. But now my life is more casual and my closet reflects that. But I love seeing how you wonderful blogging ladies style your work outfits! Your blouse is adorable and those pink bow shoes are perfection!

Shelbee

3. July 19, 2016 / 5:44 am

You are adorable! I get the same reaction when I wear flats to work. Ha!

4. July 19, 2016 / 6:48 am

I didn’t wear pants at all until just over two years ago so imagine the comments and looks of astonishment when I first wore a pair of pants to the office!

I like the style of your pants although I would have to get them in black due to our office dress code. I am wearing black skirts at the moment due to the high temperatures we are experiencing

5. July 19, 2016 / 7:43 am

Sandy I think these may be my favorite pictures ever! I love the colorful wall and how your adorable blouse coordinates with it but still stands out. I HATE shopping for pants–I have the hardest time finding ones that fit, but I agree, they’re a staple!

6. July 19, 2016 / 7:59 am

Your blouse and pumps are both so beautiful and chic, Sandy. Great work-wear look!

Have a great week! <3 Ada,

7. July 19, 2016 / 1:01 pm

That is cute and fun top! Your shoes are fab too!

8. July 27, 2016 / 9:21 am

I CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF THAT BLOUSE! lOVELY! I LOVE YOUR ROUNDUP OF LAPTOP BAGS TOO. GREAT POST FOR WORKING WOMEN!

9. July 27, 2016 / 10:54 am

I realized that I also wear mostly dresses and skirts to work…I hardly ever go for pants! I love the print on your top–too cute! And are those Alex and Anis on your wrist? Those are my fave!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.wordpress.com

10. July 30, 2016 / 7:42 am

Love the pattern on your blouse! also like those pants with the bow that come down mid calf. Thanks for the wardrobe ideas! Found on you on saturday sharefest!

11. Pingback: Imported Blog