Entries for the giveaway have been closed! Thanks!
Rachel is one sassy, hilarious, fun, pretty lady! Her blog has beautiful photos, inspirations, things about her daily life, and rad vlogs! She is such a great person to follow and is always in a bright cheery mood.
And her shop? Well, it’s just about the cutest vintage shop on the block, I kid you not! It’s filled with vintage housewares, books, toys, kitchenware and my favorite, ACCESSORIES! Let’s all get to know this pretty lady a little bit better… and she’s got some suh-weet tips for making your estate shopping experience more successful! Read on!
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself and how you decided to open up a shop!
My name is Rachel Reeves and I am the proud owner of No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane blog and Etsy shop. I am a proud wife to Sean (my sweetheart since I was 15 years old) and mommy to two little girls, Kensington and Frankie. I stay at home with my two sweeties and on the weekends, I’m out on the hunt for vintage. I am a veteran estate sale shopper and love finding treasures from the past that need some love and a new home. And….if you couldn’t tell from the name of my blog, I have an abnormal obsession with Mary Poppins. And Diet Coke.
2) Going estate sale shopping can sometimes be overwhelming, have any tips for searching for the treasures?
*Bring your own bags-carrying around your found goods can get heavy!
*Bring hand sanitzier-it’s just plain dusty at the sales!
*The best sales (in my opinion) usually begin on Thursdays. Grab your PennySaver and hit the ground running EARLY for the best loot!
*If you see something you like-GRAB it. Don’t wait and think about it because it will be gone when you go to find it again.
3) If you could travel to anywhere in the world to go estate shopping, where would it be?
Portobello Road, London
4) What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate Malted Chrunch from Thriftys. I roll old school….
And one last thing about Rachel? She is the founder of Blog Sugar, a So-Cal blogger meet-up that is happening this September! Some of the speakers you may recognize are Gussy Sews, The Outdoor Wife, Blessed Little Nest and more! I’m totally considering going but will have to see!
Turquoise and Green with gold clasp.
Approx 60 inches long.
Perfect for summer and spring wear!
You must be a Google Friend Connect follower of Sandy a la Mode
1. Visit No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane and leave a comment with your favorite item!
For additional entries, leave a separate comment for each action.
2. Be a Google Friend Connect follower of No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane blog
3. Follow @sandyalamode and @MrsNo17 on Twitter
4. Blog, facebook, or tweet about this giveaway (make sure to include @sandyalamode and @MrsNo17 in your tweet) and include the link (one entry each)
Feel free to use this tweet:
Huzzah! Come enter a #GIVEAWAY for a vintage turquoise and green beaded necklace from @MrsNo17 on @sandyalamode! http://bit.ly/i4sP9N
This giveaway is open to U.S. readers only and closes on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 12PM CST. Good luck!