Wow, can you believe it?? This is my 100th blog post… ONE HUNDRED... I’ve been quite the busy girl! And you know what that calls for? A tutorial AND a giveaway, yup! Celebrate good times, come on! And what better way to celebrate than by learning how to make your own bunting banner (pennant banner/flag bunting banner/whatever you’d like to call it). But if you just don’t have the time to make your own or don’t know how to sew, you’re in luck because I will be making one lucky winner their own personalized bunting banner… details on how to enter below!
But first, I just wanted to give a shout out to all my lovely readers! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU all so much for being so supportive with your comments. I truly appreciate each and every comment that you leave, each one just puts a smile on my face! This blog and you have all pushed me to be more creative with my sewing, photography, cooking, and home design inspirations, I really couldn’t have done it without you! So here goes my tutorial:
1. Make an paper isosceles triangle template. Draw a 5″ line. Mark halfway down the line (2.5″) and draw a point 8″ perpendicular from it. Draw a line from each of the ends of the 5″ line to the point. (Like the drawing? My husband, the engineer, drew it for me!)
2. (For each triangle) Cut two pieces of fabric using your template. Put the two pieces of fabric, right side together and sew along the sides, keeping the 5″ side open. Cut the point of the triangle off. Trust me, it will make you life easier when turning the thing inside out. Turn inside out.
3. Once you have finished making all triangles, measure out a piece of ribbon and line up your triangle. Make sure your ribbon extends past the triangles.
4. Fold the ribbon in half and pin the triangles inside of the ribbon.
5. Sew along the ribbon to secure the triangles!
6. Voila! You’re done! Hang your banner on your porch, over your crafting area, on a boring wall, as a decoration for a party or wherever you please!!
Hope you enjoyed the picture tutorial, not too bad, eh?? But if you still don’t feel like making your own, here are the…
I will be making one lucky winner their own personalized 8 pennant bunting banner in the colors of their choosing (fabric choices will be up to me, hope that’s OK with you)! And I’ll throw in some other random goodies as well, yet to be determined!
1. Leave a comment on this blog post with your favorite colors! (It can be one or it can be many.)
2. (For additional entries) Blog, Twitter, or Facebook about this giveaway and leave a separate comment with each link. If you Twitter, please use @sandyalamode in your tweet so I can track them. And to make things extra easy, feel free to use this tweet:
It’s a tutorial + GIVEAWAY celebration for the 100th post on @sandyalamode! Enter to WIN a personalized bunting banner! http://bit.ly/9xvn9m
Giveaway ends on Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 5:00PM CST. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be announced on this blog on Friday, June 18, 2010.
Entries for this giveaway have been closed.