• blogette

sew, fashion, more?

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

Did you have a good weekend friends?  Mine sure was relaxing.  Marv and I ran some necessary errands, did a little (OK a lot) of thrifting, I washed all the baby clothes we have so far, made some tweaks to our baby registry, ate a whole lot of watermelon, and did some more unpacking~!  Oh not to mention we ate pretty dang well… think fried chicken and lasagna and cinnamon rolls!  :)

For today’s post, I’m linking up to a {little} dash of ash’s camera phone party again!  Here’s a Retro Camera (Android) pictures I took in California last week!  Gee does it make me miss all the good food we had there!

1 unhealthy (but oh-so-good) meal, 1 healthy meal

showing my baby bump the ocean and sand for the first time!

playing with my nephew and so happy about my niece being born on this trip!

$1 can get you a bubble tea or a chance to win a louis vuitton bag

every time i go to california i MUST eat soup dumplings and shaved ice… mm mmm good!!

P.S. Have you entered the Yellow Plum Blossoms GIVEAWAY?  You have one more day!

27 Comments ( Reply )

1. Amanda (Toaster4JC)
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

Looks like you had a fun trip and lots of yummy food. Better not show my husband those pictures of dumplings or he will want some.

2. Jenn
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

I was just in NYC last weekend and had bubble tea and shaved ice. OMG, so good. I miss it already!

3. ilene
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

aw, love the picture of you and your nephew – and those dumplings looks so delish!

4. reni
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 11:54 pm

in-and-out burger, bubble tea and dumplings, yes, please and thank you. when i used to live back home in L.A., my high school was next to an in-and-out burger and since i was an overachiever back then and have mostly taken my classes, i got to leave early during my junior and senior year by 1:30pm and in-and-out was the late lunch destination with my friends!

5. Dancing Branflake
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 12:26 am

What? You can get boba for a dollar? That is insane! Love the inn n out. My fave!

6. Miki
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:53 am

I live in California and have never tried dumplings or shaved ice here! In fact, I had never heard of shaved ice before.

Hope you have a great week!

Miki.

7. Sarah
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 6:59 am

Looks like a fabulous time!! Love the pictures :) And how convenient your niece waited for you to visit before she made her appearance!!

8. Chantale
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 7:54 am

What a lovely trip! All that amazing food but most importantly, being with family. Love these photos!

9. alyson
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 8:24 am

What fun photos!! The bump, the sand, the FOOD! :)

alyson

10. Krysten
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 9:18 am

Looks like a really amazing weekend Sandy!

11. Anna @ IHOD
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 9:25 am

Jealous you got to hit up an In and Out Burger! And I bet is was that much more delish when you are preggo! :)

12. postcards and pretties
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 9:31 am

great food + good company {kiddos} makes for one amazing weekend!

13. Ms. Megan
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 9:36 am

That in n out burger looks soooooooo good!!! I have one just down the street from where I live, but I hardly every eat there!! Maybe I will have to pick up just the fries!! :)

14. Alana Winder
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 10:24 am

I’ve never had soup dumplings, but they look amazing! Great photos. :)

15. Chanel
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:12 am

WOW I still can’t believe I haven’t been to In-N-Out burger! Great Photos

16. Maddy
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:21 am

Everything looks amazing! The Bubble Tea being my favorite :) I bet the baby is enjoying all that yummy goodness!

17. allegra
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:36 am

lovely post!

I NEED YOUR HELP! I’m taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition – please please please vote for me by liking:

1. http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

every like counts! please help me win this!

18. Kellie
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:51 am

With my last little one, I was one Bubble Tea mania. I had to stop myself, my babes is super chubby. He came out with man boobies. ha ha h

He is VERY sweet though, my little pearl.

19. Erin Lian
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 2:22 pm

Lovely trip! Those dumplings made my tummy rumble heehee. I love the photo style :)

20. Gertrude
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 3:25 pm

Yum the food looks perfect!

21. Kellie
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

In-N-Out is definitely one of the best things about California!

22. Dawn {The Alternative Wife}
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Love the pix!!! Now that looks like a fabulous time. I’m craving an In-n-Out now! :) xoxo

23. Jihee
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

OMG these pictures are killing me! Haha It looks like such a blast! I’m like drooling at all the food haha

24. Elaine
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

how fun!!! don’t you love cali?!? :D

25. kileen
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

omg, dumplings and shaved ice are my two favorite foods in the world!! these pictures are making my mouth water. looks like you had an amazing trip!

cute & little

26. Brandi {not your average ordinary}
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

I didn’t have soup dumplings or shaved ice in California! I guess I have to get back there. Great photos, Sandy! You must have one awesome camera phone.

27. WhatoRhyday
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 11:03 pm

Nevertheless, despite the fact that the actual [url=http://www.chansdosmetics.350.com/page.htm]chanel cosmetics[/url] tend to be therefore well-known as well as well-liked, you may still find a few remaining shares ultimately from the periodic period.
    You will need to understand that each time a [url=http://www.webspawner.com/users/whanelpurse/index.html]chanel purse[/url] may well expense several thousand money, any “discount” may well nevertheless be really a pricey value.
    Females will get different stylish models and also desirable shade with the bags with cost-effective rates about [url=http://vhanelpurse.yolasite.com/]chanel purse[/url] store purchasing on the web. [url=http://www.webspawner.com/users/ahanelpurse/index.html]chanel purse[/url] are usually just about the most well-known artist bags traces on earth, using a extended distinct traditions and also plastic rubber-stamped top quality.
    For that [url=http://chaneasetlcosmetics.yolasite.com/]chanel cosmetics[/url] which do not market, apart from inexpensively for sale known within the over post, the maker will also keep on burning up these phones avoid it’s replications associated with well-liked.
    The particular type, layout, top quality and also cloth regarding [url=http://bhanelpurse.yolasite.com/]chanel purse[/url] can maximize elegant and also stylish carrier to suit your needs.