Maxi Skirt, Maxi Dress

Maxi Skirt turned Maxi Dress: Anthropologie | Cardigan: Express | Sandals: Target {similar} | Necklace: Forever 21 | Watch: Target {similar}

I’m jumping on the maxi bandwagon but I can’t decide which I like better.  You see the maxi dress I’m wearing?  Well, it’s supposed to be a maxi skirt, but it’s long enough to wear as a dress.  So to me, this versatility is a total bonus since I can wear it two ways.  And yes, those are people on the beach… on my dress.  Oh how I wish I could be one of those people right now.

Hope kissy pictures don’t make you gag, it’s been awhile since we’ve done one so just had to throw it in there.  🙂

Which way do you sway?  Maxi skirt or maxi dress?

1. June 18, 2012 / 10:07 pm

So pretty and versatile…ah yes I dream of the beach too..even though I live minutes away…but I want the clear blue and white sand kind LOL because I want to be able to see my feet in the water..haha! Great kissy pictures 🙂

2. June 18, 2012 / 10:10 pm

We are twins! 🙂 I have that same skirt. I love how you’ve worn it as a dress. Fits you perfectly! I haven’t tried wearing it as a dress yet, but I sure do love it as a skirt. 🙂

3. June 18, 2012 / 11:47 pm

Oh, this maxi is adorable! I have yet to own one but I love them. PS. You two are cute : )

4. June 19, 2012 / 1:13 am

Both! No need to pick between the two because they’re equally gorgeous. How perfect that your skirt is long enough for you to wear as a dress!

Marisa

5. June 19, 2012 / 3:41 am

Very nice pictures and dress! 🙂

6. June 19, 2012 / 7:26 am

love these photos and love the background, you and your hubby are so so cute!

7. June 19, 2012 / 8:02 am

So neat that you can wear it both ways! I can’t believe how long some of these maxis are…you have to be like 6 feet tall to wear them, haha! And the photo with your hubby is very sweet 🙂

-Sharon

8. June 19, 2012 / 8:58 am

cute outfit!Maxi looks great on you!:)you guys look so cute together!:)

9. June 19, 2012 / 9:09 am

I love kissy pictures and I love versatile clothing!! The print on the maxi skirt/dress is fabulous! 🙂

10. June 19, 2012 / 11:01 am

It’s so pretty! I love how it’s a beach scene. So spot on for me 🙂 I’m a maxi lover myself and I’ve also worn my maxi skirts as dresses. I’m on the shorter side so it works 🙂 xoxo

11. June 19, 2012 / 11:21 am

Cute! And I totally feel you. The beach sounds awesome right now!

btw, your kissy picture is adorable.

12. June 19, 2012 / 2:29 pm

I love maxi dresses! I can never figure out what shirts to pair with my maxi skirt…I would love to hear any advice that you have!

13. June 19, 2012 / 2:52 pm

Oooh pretty! I love it as a dress!

14. June 19, 2012 / 3:11 pm

Maxi dresses are perfect for summer weather. I really need to get one.

15. June 19, 2012 / 3:17 pm

Aw the kissy picture is so sweet 🙂 And that’s my struggle with maxi skirts, they’re all basically dresses on me because I’m so short! Cute outfit Sandy!

Evani

16. June 19, 2012 / 4:00 pm

Love the outfit!!!! You look so beautiful!!!!!!

17. Camille
    June 19, 2012 / 4:27 pm

Although the print is nice I would go with skirt instead. Maybe just roll the waist band down to get the length you need. I just think the fabric doesn’t drape nicely from the chest down.

18. June 19, 2012 / 8:12 pm

This is what I love about maxis – they can really go either way. I think this would like great as a skirt but when you’re wearing it as a dress, you would never know that wasn’t how it was intended to be worn!
    xox,
    Cee

19. June 20, 2012 / 12:11 am

I don’t have maxi skirts, so I would have to say maxi dresses!! I absolutely love this skirt as a dress. It looks so long!! Also, you look adorable Sandy!!

20. June 20, 2012 / 3:04 am

Love the dress/skirt design a lots! They look so “summer” to me and I always adore something that 2 in 1 or 3 in 1..

21. June 20, 2012 / 8:24 am

It looks so cute as a dress! I’d love to see it as a skirt too though. I really love the maxi trend right now.

22. June 20, 2012 / 10:49 am

I LOVE that skirt on you as a dress! You can pull it off perfectly. And hats off to the kissy-ness goin on:)

23. June 21, 2012 / 5:57 pm

So cute! I love your maxi skirt/dress! I really like maxi dresses more bc you can wear them as a skirt! {But the reverse is true for you too!}

xo, sam

P.S. So glad you discovered my blog so I could discover yours!

**Style of Sam**

24. June 22, 2012 / 2:15 am

Love this dress! A good maxi doesn’t need a ton of styling. Love this simple but pretty look!

25. June 22, 2012 / 10:26 am

Love the fun mix of colors and prints! The 2nd photo with the green background is DIVINE! Great depth of field. (Now that I know you love photography, I might be using more tech-y terms in my comments ;)). Great thing about being petite is the versatility of the skirt turned dress turned back to skirt 😉

26. June 25, 2012 / 7:20 pm

Love this skirt turned into a dress! What a great way to get more out of your wardrobe! So happy to be part of the IT list with you!

27. December 11, 2014 / 6:26 am