• blogette

IMG_2734

IMG_2743

IMG_2741

IMG_2737

IMG_2744

IMG_2736

Tee: J.Crew | Blazer: Gracie B. | Shorts: Anthropologie | Shoes: Zara | Handbag: Chanel | Necklace: T+J Designs | Knuckle Rings c/o Nine Blossom | Bracelets: Olive + Piper, Apple Of My Eye Jewelry

This top, these shorts, the blazer and really everything in this outfit… were all love at first sight.  I was doing some shopping at J.Crew and didn’t find anything I liked until I was walking out the door, and my friend pointed out this pineapple shirt to me.  I had JUST bought Austin a pineapple shirt so I kind of had to have this one, to match him, ya know.  ;)  I love that the print being in gold makes it a bit more fancy too.  And those shorts?  They were found in the sale rack at Anthropologie, they happened to be my size, fit perfectly, and they were mine immediately.  And the blazer was first seen on Lee La La in a taupe color, so I immediately asked Gracie B. about it and she said she had a blue one left and I said, SOLD.  :)  And of course, the Chanel was love at first sight a million times over.  The necklace I had seen around in blogland and knew I had to have it.  And the shoes from Zara… well I can never have enough shoes from Zara!  OH, and I’ve FINALLY caught on to the knuckle ring trend and am OBSESSED.

Over this mini-blog break that I had a few days ago, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about my blog.  I love the little community I have built up here but I want you to be able to get me more besides just pictures of daily outfits and promoting my sponsors.  And I’d love to learn a little bit more about you to!  So, please, in the comments… tell me one thing about yourself and then ask me a question, any question… and I’ll have a future Q/A post where I answer your questions… if I deem them appropriate.  You can ask me anything… how tall am I?  What do I eat for lunch usually?  What time do I go to sleep?  What do Marvin and I do for date nights?  What do I do for a living?  If I won a million bucks, what would I buy with it?  Anything is game!!  Keep it classy, folks.

MIX MATCH

28 Comments ( Reply )

1. Kim
    Jul 10, 2013 @ 9:08 pm

Hmm… one thing about me… I have a secret love for vintage housewares (think Pyrex and Fire King). I just think they’re soooo cool!

My question for you: If you could have dinner with one woman of historical significance (alive or dead), who would it be and why?

This is a great idea! Can’t wait to read the Q & A and get to know you better! :)

2. Josephine Choo
    Jul 10, 2013 @ 10:42 pm

one thing about me..i’m chinese but i can’t really read chinese,i was in malay-english education previously and i’m quite envy someone who can read or write chinese well.

can you do a post about your wardrobe? i would really love to see your closet..and shoe rack..

What products you use on your face? for makeup?

3. Jennifer
    Jul 10, 2013 @ 10:52 pm

I definitely love those shoes!

xo Jennifer

4. Ruby Girl
    Jul 10, 2013 @ 11:19 pm

love it love it love it! seriously this outfit is perfection.

5. susan
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 7:22 am

This is one of my favorite outfits on you Sandy! So pretty.

One thing about me…hmmm. I can speak + write in croatian and slovenian. Impressed?

How about you? What other languages do you speak? xo

6. Lauren
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:16 am

I love the mix of gold going on in this outfit! Those shorts and pineapple tee are so perfect together!

Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

7. Always Maylee
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:48 am

You look gorgeous! I love your shorts and that pretty blazer.

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

8. kelsey
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:51 am

cutest shorts and rings lady! :) loving your style as always
    kw, ladies in navy

9. Carly
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:02 am

I’ve been eyeing that pineapple top! It’s adorable on you!

Carly

10. annie
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 11:58 am

That blue jacket is SO pretty on you, love that tee, and what a gorgeous necklace!

Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

11. Tara
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

I am so in love with that pineapple top, it is the cutest!

12. Wil Harris
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 1:32 pm

Love everything about this outfit, from that J.Crew pinapple top to that bow finger ring!
    One thing about us is that we’re triplest sisters who blog about fashion! Here’s our question: Where do you get your style inspiration from and/or who is your style icon and

13. Jacqueline
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 1:53 pm

Love that t-shirt! Pineapples are so fun and tropical for summer! J.Crew has the cutest t-shirts!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

stylininstlouis.com

14. Amy
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:09 pm

This outfit is awesome!! That shirt and shorts were made for each other. Okay my question, do you prefer shopping alone or with a friend? I’d have to say that I like shopping alone. Someone else just slows me down.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

15. Krysten
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 2:49 pm

Oh I adore your pineapple top, that’s so cute!

16. nancy @ adore to adorn
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

OMG I’m in love with those shorts and the tee!! SO cute!!
    xo,
    nancy

17. Kelly
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 9:55 pm

These shorts are gorgeous and royal blue is my favorite color!

xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

18. Sharon
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 8:43 am

That pineapple tee is adorable!

-Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

19. Lauren
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 10:16 am

Wow! This is super cute! I am obsessed with those shorts and shoes! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

20. Kat
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:20 am

That pineapple top is adorable and what a fun idea! Something about me… I love to rollerblade, I”ve had the same pair of blades since high school and I try to rollerblade at the beach every weekend. The only other people who rollerblade are tourists. haha! My questions for you! How has having children changed or not changed your style? xx Kat

Love and Ace

21. Vodka Infused Lemonade
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:51 am

Great outfit Sandy!!!!

Don’t forget to stop by my blog and enter both my fabulous giveaways: a pink link bracelet from Gigglosophy and one from Henri Lou. And my link up is still up.

Agi:)

vodkainfusedlemonade.com

22. Marisa
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 12:30 pm

Ok, it was basically love at first sight the moment I laid eyes on everything you’re wearing in this outfit too. The print mixing is fabulous, plus it’s even more fun that you’ve got pineapples as one of your prints, and the blue is so vibrant. Hope you’re feeling refreshed after your mini blog break. I slowed down my blogging last month too because I wasn’t feeling as motivated but sometimes a break is all you need to get reinvigorated.

Marisa

23. katrina
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 1:12 pm

This outfit is AWESOME! The cobalt blue colour of the blazer is PERFECT and I’m usually not a fan of printed shorts, but this particular pair (with the tie) is perfect!

hrm… one thing about me. I used to eat mcdonald’s 4-5 times a week! It was pretty bad. My metabolism just isn’t what it used to be, so I try to go only once a month now. :)

What’s your favourite fast food place and why?

xo,
    katrina
    thedemuremuse.com

24. lisacng @ expandng.com
    Jul 12, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

How do you find time to do it all? Work full time, have family time, and then keep up with sponsorships and time for your blog? I can’t even imagine!

25. lauren @ la petite fashionista
    Jul 13, 2013 @ 5:43 pm

i loveeeeee that pineapple shirt; pineapples are sort of my thing and that gold foil top is totally gorgeous!

26. Liz
    Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:29 pm

I am a new reader. I love your style and your daringness to wear unique things! I’m glad you opened the question, because I recently wondered this. I am also a working mom of a toddler boy. My question is – how do you do it? How do you find time to work, take care of your little one, and keep up (fantastically) a blog? I barely have time to make food for my husband and son each night upon returning home from work. It’s time for bed again before I know it!

27. Kate @ SuburbanSweetheart.com
    Jul 14, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

I go by my middle name, Kathryn (a nickname of it, obviously), but my real first name is Sara. What’s your middle name? Have you always gone by Sandy? What are your feelings about your name, on the whole?

28. HostMonster Coupon
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 12:09 am

Wow, this paragraph is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these
    kinds of things, so I am going to inform her.