When Vivian was a smaller baby, we always traveled with her in a carrier, but as she is growing older and loves to be Miss Independent (20 months now), we have made the switch to stroller for when we do travel (we usually travel by airplane). On our recent trip to California, we brought along our UPPABaby G-Luxe Stroller with us and I just wanted to share the 5 times we found it most useful on our trip! This umbrella is one of the lightest full size reclining strollers out there, it has a one-wheel lock brake, adjustable footrest, large canopy that acts as a sunshade and a washable fabric. Did you read that? It’s a removable washable fabric, because we all know how messy little ones can get sometimes. This stroller is good for 3 months – 55 lbs, Vivian still has many more years of use from it and Austin can even use it too! I think the only thing I kind of wish it had is a peek-a-boo window in the canopy, but that’s totally not a deal breaker.
5 Times A Stroller Is Most Useful When Traveling
1. Getting to the airport. This is how it goes, when we get out of our car, we put Vivian immediately in our stroller. She is sitting in the stroller on the shuttle bus to the airport, as we walk up to the check in counter, and all the way to security. What makes a stroller extra handy is that you can put extra smaller bags in the basket underneath too.
2. Getting to your gate. Once the stroller makes it through the security and I carry Vivian through and get my hand swabbed, I put Vivian back in the stroller to go towards the gate. Once we get to the gate, I go up to the desk and ask for a stroller gate check tag and they provide us with one. Then usually Vivian likes to run around and wave “hi” to others until w need to board.
3. Getting to the plane. We put Vivian back in the stroller to go down the tarmac, and then once we get to the gate check location, we close up the stroller, put it in it’s bag and leave it at the gate check area before entering the plane. One thing that UPPABaby has is the TravelSafe Program. It comes with the TravelBag and it protects any potential damage to your stroller during air travel. All you need to do is register your TravelBag and you’re covered. It’s a nice way to protect your investment so it lasts for years. Not all gate-checkers are gentle with gear 😉
4. Getting off the plane. Once we land, we get off the plane and wait for our stroller at gate check, we put Vivian in it all the way from the gate to baggage claim to the person’s car that is picking us up. Seriously, having her in the carseat, and having both hands available to keep track of my son or hold his bags is a game changer.
5. Nightly walks. And once we were on our trip, we used our stroller for nightly walks. Our family is built on walks. We LOVE taking family walks after dinner, to help with digestion, work off a little energy before bed and get some exercise in. Well, we generally can only do this when it is warm out, but I like to consider it great family time too. Bringing Vivian out in her stroller during our walk is a must, sometimes she will want to walk herself, but more likely than not, she won’t be able to keep up the whole time walking with us.
And then essentially repeat 1-4 for the way home. 🙂
Shop UPPABaby G-Luxe stroller and accessories
Ah that stroller is so cute! I love that it’s yellow. Need to go check it out for baby #2 (:
We had the same stroller as our travel stroller for our kids. It was a lifesaver. We lived in Europe and it survived the many trips to cobble-stoned cities. Loved that stroller.
Your daughter is so cute! I’m a huge fan of taking the stroller on vacations and I’m not sure what we’re going to do now that our son is 5 and is too big! Hopefully we won’t have too many meltdowns on our next trip. Found your post at #100HappyDays
We haven’t been on a plane in years but I can see how a stroller would be useful. I babywear a lot, but the stroller is useful to carry all my stuff!
Thanks for sharing at #everythingkids this week!
Even as our kids got older we found having a stroller so handy! Often we piled all the carry on bags on the stroller while our toddler walked through the airport. We always brought our own even when going to place like Disney where rentals were available. I can remember many a night walking my youngest around the entire hotel complex trying to get them to fall sleep lulled by the movement when they were overstimulated by our busy day.
I’m smiling a bit because you guys don’t know how lucky you are with your fancy strollers!! 🙂 /i remembr times I used to think “Is it even worth bringing the stroller – they were so heavy and cumbersome…Great post! Thanks for sharing with us on Throwback Thursday!
Super cute! I love the color too. I need to look into this.
These are excellent suggestions for traveling with children. I understand how crucial and tough it is to arrange for things to go smoothly. As a result, I try to select the greatest and most dependable suppliers for the flight read more .And the business trip came as a nice surprise. The journey was successful and comfortable as a result of this.
Love to read your blog and see your youngest baby is growing fast. We also travel with kids. Our first trip was to Canada when Luke was only 8 months old.
We have no kids yet, so while we still can, we try to be as much active, as possible. For example, in May we are visiting Scotland and booked a very interesting Jeep tour in Skye for two weeks. I really fell in love with the tour description. I think we haven’t had anything like this before. So, what about you?
I also have a small child, and I know how difficult it is to travel with him. But if I need to go somewhere, I use a car rental service. I regret that I did not discover this service earlier, because it is very convenient with a small child. Now we travel more often, last weekend we were in Philadelphia and also rented a car on https://rental24h.com/usa/philadelphia-intl-airport/van for convenience before the trip and thanks to this we spent a relaxing weekend in the city