5 Reasons Why You Should Try Paddleboarding

DK0A2279

You guys, I’m not a super athletic girl, but a few weeks ago, a friend asked me to go paddleboarding and I said why not?!  I brought Vivian along for the ride with me, although she didn’t actually ride WITH me, but we made a little sand, water, dinner and paddleboarding evening with friends out of it and I must say we had a blast. Nomad Paddle is a Utah local paddleboard rental company, which I think is a great idea. I know for all you non-Utahns you may be surprised, but there are a lot of man-made lakes in Utah, which simulates us going to the “beach”! 😉 I love that it’s a rental service because for me, it would not be realistic to buy a paddleboard, but to rent one once in awhile and take it on a ride with friends, totally doable and so fun! As a total beginner, I’ve rounded up 5 reasons why you should try paddleboarding, keep reading to see my reasons!

DK0A2298

DK0A2329

5 Reasons Why You Should Try Paddleboarding

1. It’s a fun summer activity that’s not too hard to pick up as a beginner. I was so nervous guys. This was my first time and I had no clue what to do. However the instructors at Nomad Paddle really put us all at ease and had confidence in us haha! I was a little chicken and kneeled half the time, but hey, it was still fun! I did try standing for a little bit and probably need a little bit more practice before I can stand the full time.

2. It’s a great core workout. Well if you want to stay afloat, then you’ve got to stay balanced. You essentially stay in the middle of the board and it’s a great core workout to make sure you don’t fall over!

3. It’s a fun activity to do with family and friends. You can have a couple of people riding on the board or paddling at once or you can rent a bunch of boards with friends and make a lake afternoon out of it!

4. You can do it on vacation. I know that there’s so many tropical locations that have paddleboarding and now that I have tried it in Utah, I feel confident to say that I would do it if we ever go on another tropical vacation or anything.

5. You can explore different views from the water. Because a paddleboard is on top of water, you can take it to a lot of places. You can ride it on the ocean, lake, reservoir, and it can take you out to explore different views from it!

DK0A2335

Vivian’s outfit:

Swimsuit c/o Rad Swim
Coverup: Crew & Lu

Photography by Diana Putnam Photography

5-Reasons-Why-You-Should-Try-Paddleboarding

1. July 6, 2016 / 7:00 am

This looks like so much fun! I love all of the cute swimsuits!

2. July 6, 2016 / 3:26 pm

There are lots of paddleboarding places popping up around me. It seems like a really fun activity. I love how your swimsuits coordinate.
    . http://tresfly.blogspot.com/

3. July 11, 2016 / 12:53 pm

Thanks for joining us over at Family Joy Blog Linkup. I have never paddleboarded, but I bet its fun. We have enjoyed taking out a kayak on the river near us as a family.

4. July 12, 2016 / 9:53 am

alright, you’ve convinced me. maybe, lol. we have a vacation to antigua this winter, and our resort offers paddleboarding as part of the inclusive fee. i just might have to try! you look like you got the hang of it!
    b

5. July 12, 2016 / 10:03 am

Hi! I’ve been thinking about trying paddle-boarding for a while. Your post just convinced me to try it. Yay! I can’t wait! Thank you! Pinning! 😀

6. July 12, 2016 / 10:44 pm

I’ve only had the chance to go paddleboarding a couple times but I absolutely loved it! It was also much easier than I expected it to be! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!
    Sidenote: your little one is an absolute cutie in that floppy hat!!!

7. July 13, 2016 / 7:15 pm

There are so many paddleboards on our lake now and I have been intrigued with the idea. I think we’ll def. try it out on our next vacation.

8. July 15, 2016 / 7:04 am

I have never had the chance to paddleboard, it looks fun. My daughter and family love to go kayaking, thats their new summer fun.
    I love your swimsuits and coverups, all so cute!!
    Thanks Sandy for sharing on #OMHGFF. Pinned

Have a great weekend, “be safe”
    Karren

9. July 16, 2016 / 9:31 am

That looks like so much fun! I’ve wanted to try for a long time – time to get around to it! Thanks for sharing with #EverythingKids again this week.

10. July 18, 2016 / 5:53 am

SUP is a lot of fun, and it is a GREAT work out! I have only been a few times, but I am always so tired after…probably because my arms are weak! I have only gone locally, but I would love to try it other places as well. It looks beautiful where you are!

Also the swimsuits are really cute! I have been looking for one this year, but haven’t seen too many that I like.

11. July 20, 2016 / 9:03 pm

I’ve never tried paddle boarding but now I totally want to give it a whirl!

Great pictures here too!

Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

I hope you can stop by tomorrow!
    xoxo