I have talked about this before (either here or Instagram, I can’t remember), but I fully believe on giving each of your children one-on-one time and taking them on dates! Vivian and I have a lot of alone time when we go to our photoshoots, but I know it’s also important to do other mother daughter dates with her besides pictures. She is almost 2 (can you believe it?), able to really understand a lot more and converse, and she has awareness of herself and she knows what she likes and wants! So I wanted to round up 8 mother daughter date ideas, some that I have done with Vivian and some I can’t wait to do with her as she grows older!
8 Mother Daughter Date Ideas
- Visit a local kid-friendly farm or gardens. – I love exploring new places in Utah, and taking my kids along as well. We took a trip to the Young Living Lavender Farm in Mona, UT, and it definitely was a gorgeous place that has some fun things for kids!
- Paint your nails together. – Oh boy, I love to get my nails done. And I can tell Vivian loves them too because she loves touching mine. I think she is a little too young still to get hers done, she probably wouldn’t stay still enough to let them dry, but I just can’t wait to take her to get hers painted, maybe when she is around 3!
- Dance while no one is watching (but each other). – My girl loves to dance, that’s what the teachers tell me at her daycare. Sometimes when we are together at home, I just blast the music and we dance!
- Play dress up. – Well, our photo shoots are pretty much like dress up every time, but she is starting to form her opinion about clothes and wants to change multiple times in the morning sometimes, HA!
- Plan a picnic. – A picnic is an absolutely fun little thing to do with your girl, because well, anyone can bond over food right??
- Invite Grandma along. – I wish both my mom and MIL lived closer so I could invite them along on our adventures. Because 3 generations of women hanging out is so awesome, right? The more the merrier.
- Go shopping. – Do I even need to explain this one? Haaa!
- Learn something new together. – Vivian is totally at the age where she is a sponge and picks things up FAST. We are going to start a regular tumbling class together and while it’s more her learning about her body, I will get to be there right alongside her as she does! We went to a trial class at The Little Gym before and she loved the beam, and we will be starting regular classes soon hopefully!
Vivian and I are wearing some Mommy and me coordinating outfits from Ele Story. Their shop has some of the most beautiful pieces for girls that I ever did see. I could see Vivian wearing any one of their dresses and I can vouch for the quality. And then of course they have a few gorgeous pieces for mamas too in case you want to match your mini, which I would seriously do every day if I could! 😉
Photography by Summer Nicole Photography
Got any other mother daughter date ideas? Would love to hear them!
Kileen | Me
The winner of last week’s most clicked link is Kirsten of The Lifb Issue! That yellow color is stunning on you!
Please make sure to add the button or link back to myself and Cute & Little in your post and go and comment on at least 5 other blogs, please please!!! We want this to be a community of fashionistas to keep you inspired and supporting each other is what we are all about!