Mommy + Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit Ideas + Linkup!

Mommy and Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit ideas

For today’s Mommy and Me Outfits series, we are both in blue and share with you some blue hues outfit ideas.

One of Vivian’s very favorite things to do, in life, is dance when she hears good music! The song that can instantly turn her into a good mood is Kelly Clarkson’s “Heartbeat” song and I’m not sure quite why, but I suppose it is catchy. Apparently at school, whenever music is on, she looks to bust a move, and even at home, it can really light her up. I should probably take this opportunity to tell you that the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. Growing up, I was in ballet, gymnastics, figure skating, but most proudly Chinese folk dancing. I danced from probably age 4 through 15 and then taught dance to little kids when I was in high school EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT. Yup, in Ann Arbor, MI where I grew up, we had Chinese School every Friday night, it was always 2 hours of school and then 1 hour of extracurricular activities. All my other friends were probably out playing or enjoying family nights, but I was back in school. Luckily, I had a great group of friends at the school to make it better though.

Mommy and Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit ideas Mommy and Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit ideas Mommy and Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit ideas Mini Dreamers jumpsuit Louise Misha jumpsuit Pink Blush Maxi Dress PacaPod Hastings Stripe Diaper Bag Mommy and Me Outfits: Blue Hues Outfit ideas

Photography by Shailynn Photography

My outfit:

Dress c/o Pink Blush
Shoes: Old Navy
Bag c/o PacaPod
Necklace: Made by Mary
Bracelets: Alex + Ani

Shop my outfit:

Vivian’s outfit:

Jumpsuit: Louise Misha c/o Mini Dreamers (use code Sandy15 for 15% off – good until 10/4/16)!
Vest c/o Egg by Susan Lazar
Headband: Garden of Arden
Shoes: Payless Shoe Source

Shop Vivian’s outfit:

It is my goal to be able to pass on Chinese traditions and language to my kids, in Utah, I know there are dual immersion programs and that’s something I plan to look into. And I hope that Vivian will enjoy dancing as she grows up too! I am a second generation Asian American (my parents were both born in Taiwan/China), and my kids will be third generation. It will be harder and harder as the generations go on to ensure that language and culture is not lost, but I’ll just have to try my best. Are any of you facing the same challenges with your kids? What things are you doing to ensure that your culture can continue to be cultivated in daily life?

on-trend-tuesdays-linkup-9-27-16

Linkup Co-hosts: Kileen | Me

happily-howards

The winner of last week’s most clicked link is Erin of Happily Howards. Congrats girl! That skirt is stunning!!!

Tuesday Linkup

Please make sure to add the button or link back to myself and Cute & Little in your post and go and comment on at least 5 other blogs, please please!!! πŸ™‚ We want this to be a community of fashionistas to keep you inspired and supporting each other is what we are all about!

1. September 26, 2016 / 9:25 pm

She is so precious, I think little girls have this thing with song and dance that boys don’t quite have. πŸ™‚ Both of you look so lovely, your dress is beautiful!

~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

2. September 27, 2016 / 5:08 am

Your Vivian is like my Vivian. They both love to dance. She is so sweet and I adore her outfit. Also, what a stunning floral maxi. I love the long sleeves. =)

3. September 27, 2016 / 7:19 am

Ahhh how cute is little Vivian in her little jumpsuit?! I love that she loves to dance too, that is precious. Jona really loves music too but he’s like his dad in that when I ask him to dance he says no πŸ™‚ That dress of yours is so pretty too–I really need more maxi dresses!!

4. September 27, 2016 / 10:59 am

She is so sweet! Love that you are passing on your traditions! xo

5. September 27, 2016 / 4:21 pm

Both of you look so pretty! It is nice to share what you love with your daughter!

6. September 27, 2016 / 5:09 pm

She is absolute doll and I am in love with your floral print dress!
    xx| zoe

7. September 27, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! She is the cutest little thing and you look gorgeous. You guys are so cute together and I’m beyond obsessed! Plus I totally agree with you babe. I’m second generation Asian (my mom is from Vietnam!) and although I don’t have any kids at the moment, I’ve always thought about the struggle of carrying on traditions so it’ll definitely be a journey. But, I’m visiting Vietnam in the next few months so I think travel is a big part in keeping tradition and culture alive!

8. September 27, 2016 / 9:12 pm

I love this floral maxi and your little girl is the absolute sweetest!

xo, Sara

9. September 28, 2016 / 12:17 am

you two look so adorable together! loving this post and YAY erin from erinchoward!!! she’s my friend! <3

10. September 28, 2016 / 4:56 pm

Gorgeous dress and love Vivian’s outfit too!

xo,
    L
    livingincolorblog.com

11. October 1, 2016 / 10:53 am

I hear you, Sandy!! My daughter is 17 and she speaks English as well as Spanish. And that’s it. Teochew (my dialect and, I suppose you could say, my native language-ish) is completely foreign to her. Growing up in Borneo, my brother and I were raised on a linguistic diet of almost 100% English. In fact, I’m surprised we’re still able to speak our dialect to begin with GRIN the same thing with my husband and my stepsons (22 and 18). My husband is first generation Italian but only the oldest boy can understand the language, and speaks it somewhat hesitantly. The younger is essentially all American. I suppose we could’ve tried harder, for all 3, when they were much younger and I regret we didn’t but it is what it is now. You’re very wise to plan ahead where Vivian is concerned though, Sandy, I wish we had πŸ™‚

And if you haven’t yet, I do hope you’ll come by and join in the Project Sister Act Link-Up πŸ™‚