As I am compiling my list and trying to figure out what to get my kids for the holidays, I just wanted to share my lists with you all in this Holiday Gift Guide – in case you are still looking for kids gift ideas. The way that we like to do gifts is by Want, Need, Wear, Read! So basically we give them gifts they “want”, you know, the ones they are asking Santa for. 😉 The “need” is items that they need for any activities they will be partaking in or for school. And then “wear” is any clothes they need, such as anything for getting ready for cold, snowy weather. And lastly is “read”, this encompasses any books or educational toys. A lot of the products in this Holiday Gift Guide my kids already own, so I can vouch for the fact that my kids already love them and wanted to provide ideas for you that are tried and true! But some on here are still on our “list” to get as well!
Austin (5 year old boy, turns 6 in December)
1. Jenga – We just started playing this with Austin and he has a blast with it! It definitely tests his balance and coordination which is a great skill to brush up on.
2. Magna-Tiles – Both my kids could spend HOURS playing with these. I promise you that these are amazing and will keep your kids entertained!
3. Southwest Airplane – Lego airplanes are one of Austin’s fave things right now. He legit wants every airline and the delivery planes too.
4. Garbage Truck – As many of you know, Austin is O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with garbage trucks!! He owns like 10 maybe and this set is one of his faves!
1. Markers – For crafting, we love washable markers. Well for obvious reasons, they are washable!
2. Bike – We have this Woom BIkes for both kids and it’s a really great bike. It’s well made, has an adjustable height and lots of sizes and I can’t wait until Austin can ride on his own!
3. Amazon Fire Tablet – Both of my kids have this and it has saved us so many times! It’s a great little tablet for watching shows. You should get one for each child!
4. Bedding – Beddy’s Beds is what Austin swears by. It is a zip up bed that he can easily make and he loves getting comfy cozy inside.
1. Swimsuit set – Our kids are in swimming classes right now, and are about to outgrow their swim suits. So right now is a good time to stock up on some while they may be on sale (since it’s a little off season).
2. Winter boots – These are my fave winter boots for boys! I just hosted an event with Kamik and many of the moms agreed that this boot is SO cute for their boys.
3. Socks – Because we are a family that keeps losing socks, I feel like I need to keep buying them!
4. Pajamas – The best time to buy pajamas of course!
1. Mac and Cheese book – Austin is about Level 1/2 reading right now so it’s great when books have it marked!
2. Brain Quest – We love taking these on road trips or when we travel. It really gets the kids thinking in lots of different ways and is fun!
3. Fly Guy book – This book is a fun one and great for early readers.
4. Henry and Mudge book – We’ve been reading this Chapter book to Austin at night and he just loves it!
Vivian (3 year old girl)
1. Glitter LOL Surprise! – Well these might be one of the hottest toys of 2017, along with Fingerlings, so I just had to throw it in here. We just got Vivian one actually and she can’t stop carrying around the doll!
2. Lego Friends – These Lego sets are perfect for girls and I love the ones with the winter theme!
3. Cinemood – This projector is one of the kids faves. It’s seriously so fun because it comes pre-loaded with content too.
4. Care Bears – Vivian is obsessed with little dolls she can hold in her hand. I thought this Care Bears set was just adorable! You could even split up the set and give them one at a time for rewards.
1. Backpack – This unicorn backpack is love. It’s just the cutest colors and so perfect for daycare or school!
2. Scooter – Right now, the bike is a little advanced for Vivian, but a scooter is a great alternative.
3. Alarm Clock – This is the alarm clock we use for Austin right now, but thinking we need to get one for Vivian in the near future!
4. Wooden Chairs and Table – If you don’t have a little wooden chair and table set for your kiddos, you probably need one for their play room! We love this set!
1. Pajamas – Of course, pajamas for the girls too. Best thing to buy in the wear category.
2. Sneakers – We love sneakers for daycare because I know she spends hours on the play ground and plays hard. I swear the kids go through sneakers SO fast too!
3. Snow boots – These are so cute, functional, stylish and keep the toes warm! I want these in my size!
4. Snowsuit – For skiing and making snow angels, time to get those snow suits ready!
1. Memory Match Game – This game has been really fun for Austin and Vivian is starting to get into it too! It also is educational because it tests their memory!
2. Dora book – Dora is one of Vivian’s fave characters right now, along with Hello Kitty.
3. Board Game – This is a GREAT first game for 18+ toddlers. It is so fun and highly rated too!
4. Llama Llama books – This book series is one of her favorites. I just love stories and this Jingle Bells one is a perfect gift!
Do you do want, need, wear, read gifts? Any other ideas of gifts for pre-schoolers that your little ones have loved? What do you think of this Holiday Gift Guide? Anything you’re getting for your children?Share them below in the comments!
These are such great gift ideas!! All the kids are wearing those Addidas, my daughter asked for a second pair! They are hot!!
these look like great gifts!
I definitely need Jenga in my life – lol! I saw a giant version of it at a bar in Vancouver. Amazing!
Kids always have the cutest gift options! I love all of your picks!
Such a fun gift guide for parents!
Aw this is so cute and such a great list! Keeping in mind for the future.
xo Laura Leigh
I love the want, need, wear, read concept for giving!! Both these lists are really helping me decide what to get for the kids I nanny for!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
These are some great ideas! There is so much that little ones can have and enjoy at that age.
Great ideas for kids!
Love those picks! My 2 year old would love the Mickey game!
this is the perfect guide! my daughter would love all of the girl picks!
Great picks! The Brain Quest products are fabulous and you can’t go wrong with crayons! 🙂