5 Essentials for Holiday Travel

I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about #BetterHealthMadeEasy and how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.

5 Essentials for Holiday Travel by Utah lifestyle blogger Sandy A La Mode

I’ve been traveling a lot lately for work and I just have to say I have a love hate relationship with traveling. I hate being away from my kiddos, but I love seeing the world and meeting up with friends in other cities! I usually spend the regular work days at the hospitals working, but love going out at night and exploring new places. For the holidays, we will be doing some family travel back to my husband’s hometown too, so that should be fun! I can’t wait to go back and visit his family and just relax for the holiday season. Maybe we’ll have my in laws watch the kids so we can sneak in a little date night too! Since I’ve been traveling a lot lately, I wanted to share 5 essentials that are important for your upcoming holiday travel!

5 Essentials for Holiday Travel

1. Clothes/Shoes – OK, well to start with the obvious things, you are going to need clothes and shoes duh! Although this could be a separate post entirely, packing smart is always important. Packing layers, shoes that can be worn multiple times (not just once), and putting everything in packing cubes will help save on space.
  2. Accessories – Scarves, sunglasses, watches, jewelry, these are the main things that I always make sure to pack. I tend to pack more neutrals in my clothing, but like to add in color in the accessories. If you are in a place where laundry can be done, then wearing basics and neutrals will help you get more wear out of clothes (so it doesn’t look like you are wearing the same thing over and over again). 😉
  3. Medications – We always bring some travel size medications when we travel, especially with kiddos. You never know what is going to happen between stomach bugs, fevers, catching colds (especially in the wintertime) for both kids and adults. There can be a lot of germs at airports and airplanes and just public places in general, so being prepared is always important. CVS has a variety of medications to cover almost any scenario!
  4. Lotions/Hand Sanitizers – I always bring hand sanitizer, wipes, and lotion with me when we travel. Again, especially in the dry winter weather, lotion is key to protect against dry skin. Wipes are your best friend for any messes. And I use hand sanitizer when I am in a pinch and can’t get to a sink with soap and water.
  5. Snacks –  And probably the most important one is snacks!! Whether traveling alone or with kids, having snacks on hand to keep your energy levels going is key! You never know if there are going to be travel delays where you are stuck on the tarmac for hours or in the airport overnight. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen to anyone, especially when you have kids in tow. But you never know. Some of my favorites are CVS Gold Emblem snacks because they have a really good variety of healthy options.

Because we are in the middle of flu season, I wanted to remind you that CVS has a MinuteClinic® where you can get flu shots for the whole family. MinuteClinic® walk-in medical clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners and physician assistants* who specialize in family health care, the best thing is that no appointment is needed. So if you are traveling in the US for the holidays and get sick, you can pop into a CVS and get treated.

Make sure to stop by your local CVS store to get stocked up on those travel essentials so you are fully prepared! Make sure you sign up as an ExtraCare Rewards member so you can save, on average per year, more than 3X more than customers who don’t! They will send you personalized emails to help you shop and you will earn ExtraCare Bucks just for shopping there.

What about you? Are you traveling this season? What do you pack? Let me know all about your Holiday travel in the comments below!

1. Emma Young
    May 29, 2019 / 5:04 am

I am in love with traveling and can put everything in a bag for 5 minutes. My husband hates our ‘packaging routine’, therefore I usually do it by myself. I totally agree with your list. Medications and snacks are the musts!

2. Omio Coupons
    September 7, 2019 / 11:59 am

You just reminded me how much I love wearing white. I am a little too clumsy for white though lol, I do better with colored clothes and I’m so happy that I can keep them bright and vivid even if I spill something on myself. Pre-treat, babeeeeee.Omio Coupons

3. lisa
    August 2, 2021 / 9:20 am

I love this! I live right next to the garden and I have never climbed there! haha. But we walk it all the time! And we love Save the Storks!! I didn’t know you had connections to the Springs! I look forward to working with you and Pollinate in the new year! Glownar

4. lisa
    August 4, 2021 / 1:33 am

A healthy lifestyle necessarily doesn’t mean we have to give up on the delicious junk food; rather, it about us understanding how bad it is for you and finding healthier alternatives for the food to enjoy. A balanced diet will have all those components like water, protein, carbohydrate, etc. in the right quantity that our body needs to become healthier. A healthy diet will also help you have disease-free health and life. micro needling pros and cons

5. lisa
    August 23, 2021 / 11:19 am

These are simple, basic tips that we all need to be reminded of every now and then. Following them really makes a difference. I used to be able to get by with less sleep but not any more. I feel awful if I don’t get enough sleep. And drinking plenty of water really helps too. These are all great tips.What is Behavioral Therapy Online?

6. lisa
    August 27, 2021 / 2:04 am

I think it is so important that you mentioned that when moving long distances you should not take all your furniture with you, but only the most important things. 8 in 1 facial machine

7. lisa
    September 11, 2021 / 7:22 pm

Hello, Improve your mental health is not an easy task. Our mental health requires you to prioritize your self-care. This can include a wide variety of different habits. Spend your time with your loved one, use fresh fruits, increase the use of water and sleep a full night then our mental health remains healthy. Detox

8. lisa
    September 11, 2021 / 7:33 pm

Thanks so much for the comprehensive post. Insurance costs can really add up, but if readers take your advice they can save lots of money and make smart choices since in the insurance world there’s no such thing as one size fits all. opiate withdrawal

9. lisa
    September 16, 2021 / 10:04 am

People always talk about mental culture shock when they visit a new place, but your body doesn’t need to experience physical culture shock as well. Take some supplements to try to balance your diet. Make sure you’re getting everything your body needs to stay healthy.Caron Reviews

10. lisa
    September 18, 2021 / 7:13 am

I think Our mental health requires you to prioritize your self-care. This can include a wide variety of different habits. Spend your time with your loved one, use fresh fruits, increase the use of water and sleep a full night then our mental health remains healthy.treat addiction

11. lisa
    September 24, 2021 / 2:25 am

Wow! This can be one particular of the most useful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Magnificent. I’m also an expert in this topic so I can understand your hard work.benefits of inpatient rehab