My Must Have Travel Essentials

FINALLY! This post has been a long time coming and I’m excited to be able to have all my travel must haves in one spot! I know for me, a lot of times I feel disorganized when traveling, but I feel like a lot of these items here will help you stay more organized and have a more stress free trip!! Just a note, many of the items listed above come in different color options, so if pink is not your thing, there is likely another color available!! 😉

1.Luggage Tags – These tags are such a lifesaver! They are much more durable than the paper ones you get from the airlines. It also makes it easier to spot your luggage at baggage claim.

2. Water Bottle – Anyone else bad at remembering to drink water when they’re traveling?? When I travel with my own water bottle it helps remind me to stay hydrated.

3. Electronics Organizer – One of my biggest pet peeves when traveling is the tangled wires of all the cords. This organizer helps to keep it all in one place and organized!

4. Bra/Underwear Organizer – Nothing worse than having to dig for your underwear and socks and finding your bra flat under all your clothes. This organizer will help keep all your undergarments in one easy to find place.

5. iPad – I love to download movies or podcasts beforehand to have something to watch or listen to when flying. There are times I do need it to work so it’s always handy to keep on hand when traveling.

6. iPad Case – Every iPad needs a case and I love that this one comes with a stand so I can use it hands free. I actually have this top rated case that comes with a keyboard too, but am still trying to decide which case I like better as it’s a little heavier.

7. Sunglass Holder – I am the queen of losing my sunglasses but this sunglass holder is such a great invention! It doesn’t hold just one, but up to four pairs of sunglasses!

8. Ear Buds – Earphones are a must when traveling since you don’t want to have the whole flight listen to what you’re listening to on your iPad. These are nice since you can turn on and off the noise cancelling feature.

9. Travel Steamer – This is a must have for me when traveling! No matter how you fold your clothes in your luggage and how short your trip is, your clothes will always get those stubborn wrinkles. I’ve had this steamer for awhile and it has held up so well!

10. Phone/Electronics Charger – I like to carry my own charger for when there are no plugs around. It doesn’t just charge your phone but you’re able to charge your iPads/tablets as well!

11. Shoe Bags – The bottom of shoes gross me out! So I love having these bags to keep them separated from my clothes

12. Pill Case – When I travel, I like to bring  my daily vitamins, such as these Elderberry gummies as well as On Guard to hopefully prevent me from getting sick. I also always bring pain killers and sometimes Dramamine too, LOL! Got to be prepared!

13. Camera -As much as I love my iPhone pictures, I love capturing memories on my camera! It is an investment but so worth it especially if you plan to print your own photos! Although I personally own the Sony a7 III with interchangeable lenses as taking pictures is my job, I have heard great things about this camera especially for travel!

14. Makeup Case – I am very impressed with this makeup case! It is very durable and love how it comes with removable dividers so you can rearrange it to fit your needs. There is also this version that has slightly different compartments and is a little more affordable.

15. Toiletry Bag – This is the perfect little toiletry bag for when you travel! You can hang it so the counters can stay clutter free since hotel counter space is very limited. LOVE THIS ONE!!

16. Travel Tote – This tote is the perfect carry on for when I’m traveling! It has held up so well and I love that you can have it monogrammed. It comes in a ton of color options but of course, leopard is my favorite!

17. Jewelry Organizer – Sensing some kind of theme here with all the organizers.. but seriously it makes life so much easier and I can’t imagine any other way to travel. I love that this case is compact and takes up little space in my suitcase. It has the perfect spots for earrings, necklaces, bracelets and more!

18. Duffel Bag – My favorite duffel bag ever! I love all the compartments and it has tons of space to pack things! I have the Large size in a color similar to Wildflower.  Here is another great duffel option in pink that is a little more affordable and a leather option here!

19. Packing Cubes – I love these cubes! We have different colors for each person in the family! It makes it so much easier to keep everything organized!

20. Suitcase Set – I recently ordered these for my trip to RSCon and instantly fell in love with them! They have held up really well and they are SO affordable! I have the set of 3 in blush but am starting to collect other colors for my entire family!!

Shop all the items by clicking on the links above or the pictures below!

Hope this guide was helpful and have fun on your next trip!!! 🙂

1. August 28, 2019 / 12:12 pm

I watched Hannah’s TED video and it was very sweet. Lol i’m dying over that pitbull on the bed, he’s SOOO adorable. I love how the cat doesn’t even fidget. Lol 🙂 Happy Monday Cassie! -Iva

2. September 2, 2019 / 4:41 am

I always enjoy these posts, Nancy. Not sure if I’ll ever make it to Namibia but I feel lucky to have shared your adventures via the blog! So much to see and wonder about – the animals, the rivers, and the wonderful people who welcomed you. Thank you for sharing with us.

3. September 2, 2019 / 6:16 am

4. September 2, 2019 / 7:50 am

I used airline miles. Plan your trips so that you are either earning loyalty points or redeeming them. I also like stacking. I usually book my travel through a portal like Swagbucks that offers rebates

5. September 3, 2019 / 9:43 am

Wow! The baths look amazing in winter with all the steam! We bet they were so relaxing too, especially the hot ones. We visited Budapest in the summer and loved it. It was HOT though! We can’t recommend Budapest enough to people looking to travel. While it was good in the summer, their food would delicious and warm in winter! Thanks for sharing! We love the pics!

6. lisa
    September 4, 2019 / 8:32 am

I wish my parents planned trips around the US, I can’t wait to see more of it! Adri we’re a little old school like that, we’ll still have GPS (because my husband LOVES gadgets) but we will be using the map, we did for the last couple trips we took.Amalfi

7. carry
    September 9, 2019 / 5:43 am

We have 6 kids and I TOTALLY agree with this! Thank goodness for tablets, e-readers, and such – not to mention chargers. We bring a charger for each of our children as well. With 6 kids, we also bring along a Power Strip so we can plug in all their chargers at once. ?Steinmetze Mandalay

8. lisa
    September 12, 2019 / 12:14 pm

Another possibility? Find a side hustle you can use to finance your travels. My husband and I are musicians (classic rock/country) who play at small- to mid-size venues throughout Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana. This has enabled us to visit a lot of places we might not have been able to under normal circumstances, plus makes routine travel expenses such as mileage, lodging, and meals tax-deductible!Israel VIP

9. lisa
    September 12, 2019 / 12:50 pm

I really enjoyed this post. (Always awaiting your next one) Laughing my way through. As an avowed serial painter, I have learned never to use tape. It adds like 16 extra unnecessary hours to a job. Also guilty of not painting the ceilings and completely regretting it later. Lazy. Do you mind if I put a link to this post on my blog? I would love to share as I am painting my stairway hall from top to floors and you have a very witty tutorial here.Yarra Valley Wine Tours

10. carry
    September 14, 2019 / 10:27 am

I aaaaaaalmost participated in the blog tour for this book. Too bad I didn’t have enough time to read it. It sounds super cute and I bet my kids would love it too.Tibet Everest Base camp

11. September 17, 2019 / 8:47 am

I’m taking trips alone to a specific town, where the hotel I stay in has no refrigerator or microwave, and there are no grocery stores within walking distance. It’s easiest and least awkward to eat takeout lunch at my desk and takeout in my hotel room. But… this leads to a lot of plastic waste. My solution is to eat at the restaurant, alone, as much as possible, using their reusable dishes. It’s definitely not my favorite thing to do, but I’ll do it occasionally.

12. September 18, 2019 / 11:52 am

13. lisa
    September 25, 2019 / 9:49 pm

We have 6 kids and I TOTALLY agree with this! Thank goodness for tablets, e-readers, and such – not to mention chargers. We bring a charger for each of our children as well. With 6 kids, we also bring along a Power Strip so we can plug in all their chargers at once.Singapore Traveler

14. tuky
    October 14, 2019 / 9:51 am

Many people visit weekly someone visits monthly and another visit yearly. It is very important to maintain health because travel brings a positive change in our thinking. Through change the environment we feel fresh and happy. Thanks for sharing your personal experience. I love the way you enjoy your life. Travel to different places and examine different Presidential Suite is the best way to create a positivity in life. Omio Coupons

15. carry
    October 19, 2019 / 11:06 am

Our daughter is an LCMS southerner at CUI. (She may be the only one-hahaha;). I have shared your blog with her and that you will be in her town. I hope y’all cross paths. We are from North Carolina where my husband is a second career LCMS pastor. Everything about your blog is inspiring and your perspective is refreshing;).visa to China

16. carry
    October 20, 2019 / 12:27 pm

Your blog is awesome because you put the light on historical places that we must want to visit. When we visit these places then we know about our great leaders and great places. Travel is a source of pleasure and enjoyment. I also visit many beautiful places in the world. They bring a positive change in our thinking and we feel fresh. I am very glad to learn a lot about your travel tips knowledge. Your tips are rich with a lot of useful knowledge.TRAVEL

17. October 21, 2019 / 1:41 am

If you’re traveling throughout the summer months confirm you get a automobile with air con because the days will get quite hot. I will go, by that transport is appropriate on behalf of me. At that point I notice this web log & it fulfills my all need. They recommend conjointly Shuttle Service Houston that helps American state to travel anyplace in Italia. I recommend my friend get facilitate from this webpage as a result of they’re yearning for a unforgettable exit at the tip of the night or simply checking out how to move their guests from the ceremony to the reception, they’re able to serve you.

18. October 29, 2019 / 8:29 pm

Very nice post, thanks for shearing Jyothi Tours & Travels.Manakula Vinayagar Temple: Pondicherry Tour Package from Chennai, visit to The Manakula Vinayagar Temple is one among the far-famed ancient temple is in Pondicherry. This temple is termed as Manakula Vinyagar, as that point there was lake (Kulam in Tamil) on the western facet of this temple and owing to proximity of ocean, lake was jam-packed with sand (Manal in Tamil), thence it had been known as as “Manakulam”.

19. carry
    November 2, 2019 / 9:48 am

If you’re traveling throughout the summer months confirm you get a automobile with air con because the days will get quite hot. I will go, by that transport is appropriate on behalf of me. At that point I notice this web log & it fulfills my all need. https://www.facebook.com/sakuramotorbikerental/They recommend conjointly Shuttle Service Houston that helps American state to travel anyplace in Italia. I recommend my friend get facilitate from this webpage as a result of they’re yearning for a unforgettable exit at the tip of the night or simply checking out how to move their guests from the ceremony to the reception, they’re able to serve you.

20. disc
    November 2, 2019 / 2:34 pm

The solution is simple. You do not wish to get yourself stuck a kind of career that you dislike. There are fields of planning and performing included in a brand-new assignment help company firm as well as if you are glowing concerning it, they would not respond like working from all as opposed to a kind of market you do default.Disc Golf Accessories

21. carry
    November 7, 2019 / 9:10 pm

Wonderful place to visit but there are some precautions while traveling like sure that you are ready for travel. Your health is most important. So take healthy food and fresh fruits. You should always buy travel insurance. If you travel without it you are taking the risk. Have a good tour.Bukit Bukit Panjang

22. lisa
    November 22, 2019 / 8:46 pm

Traveling does not always have to cost you an arm and a leg … There are ways to save money to stretch your travel budget. Booking things in advance is not always a smart idea … for me, last minute bookings work.Private Desert Safari Dubai

23. lisa
    December 10, 2019 / 4:59 am

I second the DVD player. I have been on a few car trips with my sister and her little ones (3 and 19 months) and there is some magical, calming power than can be found in watching Finding Nemo (my nephew’s favorite move) repeatedly.custom paint by number