• blogette

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

IMG_3206

One of my new favorite salads of this Summer is a Spinach Beet Salad.  I don’t have exact measurements but I basically mixed spinach, roasted beets chopped in quarters, chopped (hard) goat cheese, toasted almonds and an oil based or vinaigrette dressing and DONE!  It took me many years to start loving beets, maybe it was an acquired taste type of thing kind of like wine. And this was the first time I’ve actually roasted them (about 1 hour at 450 degrees F) but I really loved the result.  No, this recipe wouldn’t work for those who love 10 minute meals, unless you use canned beets, then I supposed this could be like a 5 minute meal.  ;)  I’ve been eating HORRIBLY on this vacation.  When I go home, I’ll probably be eating this salad and any other salad I can come up for a whole month straight.

What are your current fave salads?  If you can provide me links, all the better, pretty please! :)

8 Comments ( Reply )

1. Christy
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

Ooo! I love salads! They’re so healthy, but I get so hungry like 2 hours later haha. Regardless, I tried this mixed asian salad with macadamia nuts awhile ago, and have been craving it since. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/mixed-asian-salad-with-macadamia-nuts

Christy
    Sunnywithasideof…

2. Margaret
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

Trader Joes has beets packaged that have been cooked and peeled! 5 minute meal for sure!

3. Denysia Yu
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:46 pm

I usually just toss together a couple things, and call it a salad!

4. Jessica
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 12:10 am

I never thought I liked beets until I had them in a spinach and goat cheese salad! Now it’s one of my favorites!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

5. Dancing Branflake
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 10:53 am

Oh my! I love beets and this salad looks amazing! But I never cooked them myself, so I’m grateful for this tip.

Here’s my salad:

6. Evani
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 11:33 am

I’ve been a huge fan of salads with fruit in them! Throw in some strawberries and I’m sold.

7. susan
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 11:56 am

My mom makes the BEST pickled beets. I could eat this salad all day long.

8. Always Maylee
    Aug 22, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

I’m not a huge beets fan myself, but I don’t think I’ve ever roasted them before!

xo, Yi-chia