Easy Peasy Peanut Butter Cookies

One of my absolute favorite baking websites is Bakerella.  Bakerella is truly a talented and inspirational baker who makes all types of delicious sweets that not only taste good, but look AMAZING too!  And it also helps that she can take great pictures of her creations as well!

A few months ago, Bakerella had a post about a simple recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies, recipe courtesy of Kraft.  This was just the recipe for me because I had all of the ingredients right at home!  And of course, I wanted to practice my photography so I captured each step below.  These make approximately 1.5 dozen or 18 cookies.  Thanks for the inspiration Bakerella!

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
4 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup finely chopped PLANTERS Unsalted COCKTAIL Peanuts

• Preheat oven to 325°F.
  • Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  • Roll into 18 balls, placed 3 inches apart on a baking sheet.
  • Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with a fork.
  • Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
  • Melt chocolate. (The easiest way I found to do it is to nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then take it out and stir, then put it in for another 30 seconds, then take it out and stir, and repeat until melted. You don’t want to nuke it for too long at once or else it might burn.)
  • Dip ends of cookies in chocolate and then coat with chopped nuts.
  • Place on parchment or wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
  • And tadaa!  You are done!  I think the chocolate and nuts really add extra flavor to the cookie and it makes it look more impressive than your average cookie.  =)

And of course every chef must taste her handiwork!

1. January 12, 2010 / 2:47 pm

this is cute, sandy! it’s all coming together, slowly but surely! Yay!

2. Eafong
      January 12, 2010 / 2:55 pm

OOOoooOOO! I love it! Do more baking please!

3. Roxanna
      January 12, 2010 / 3:34 pm

Looks tasty!

4. Sheena
      January 13, 2010 / 11:17 am

Your instructions are simple and easy to follow! And the photography is perfect! Makes me want to run to the kitchen and start baking!!

5. January 13, 2010 / 1:50 pm

yay first delicious post! great job sandy 🙂 can’t wait for more things to come.

6. January 13, 2010 / 1:53 pm

yum! 😀 looks delish 🙂 looking forward to more posts! the photography is amazing. great job! xoxo

7. Helen
      January 13, 2010 / 5:26 pm

These look so yummy and easy to make. Rylie would devour these in a second! btw, great pictures!

8. January 13, 2010 / 6:43 pm

They look yummy! 🙂 I’ll link to you on my Friday Favorites this week 🙂

9. January 13, 2010 / 8:16 pm

yay! i’m so glad it’s up and running. it looks great!! anything dipped in chocolate and covered with nuts deserves a thumbs up in my book. 🙂

10. January 13, 2010 / 10:44 pm

wow they look very good! great shots too! looking forward to future posts.

11. steph
      January 13, 2010 / 11:08 pm

yay!!! nice work — love it! great layout, and awesome first post. making me hungry again. 😉

12. January 14, 2010 / 7:55 am

Those cookies look great! Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate! lol.

Website looks wonderful girl, I can’t wait to see more posts!

13. January 14, 2010 / 8:13 am

wow…that looks like easy to make1 thanks for posting! i always thought i need lots of ingredients!!

14. January 14, 2010 / 11:45 am

Omgosh!! Those look so good! You need an RSS feed so I can get this on my Google Reader and bookmark stuff!

15. January 14, 2010 / 6:52 pm

yum! so easy too! lovin’ the first shot.

16. January 14, 2010 / 7:05 pm

i love the website and photos! so excited for you! 🙂

17. Cristiana
      January 14, 2010 / 8:09 pm

Love the new blog, Sandy! Yay for cooking blogs, dslr cameras and beautiful food pictures 🙂 The cookies look beautiful and delicious!!

18. January 14, 2010 / 11:15 pm

wowee!!! sandy~ your website is soo awesome! i’m so excited for you. the cookies look so delicious. the photos look totally pro! =)

19. January 14, 2010 / 11:51 pm

Sandy! This is awesome! Way to start off your website with a bang! You combined baking, and photography! Really nice.

Some comments/critiques on the photos, cuz i gotta ;).The pics look good, really nice lighting. I assume you used natural/available light, and a large aperture? I do think the photos lose a little bit because of the shallow depth of field (particularly the shot where you’re dipping it in the chocolate. I’d think it’d be nice to see the chocolate in focus as well. Because my impression is that you want the picture to convey that you are dipping it in the chocolate and the nuts, so i think you’d want all of that in focus. But other than that, the light is superb! Glad you didn’t use direct flash 🙂 (unless you did, and did a really good job! or are doing off camera flash work…)

Really well thought-out, and detailed post. My posts are kind of jumbled/rambling/and sparse.

Okay, that’s all!

JLe

• January 15, 2010 / 8:46 am

Thanks so much for the critique J Le! I am always welcome to comments/critiques to help me improve. So I’ve actually gotten pretty used to just shooting with a very large aperture… I love the effect of the bokeh (look out for my next post on that hehe)! Anyways, you are right though, I need to think more about the actual image and what I’m trying to convey and decide what aperture to use vs. just always using a large aperture b/c it’s a cool effect!!! Thanks for the advice!!

20. Thien
      January 15, 2010 / 6:38 am

Love it Sandy! This is so awesome, I think I may have to try these cookies and better yet, your photos are amazing!

21. January 15, 2010 / 12:02 pm

I love peanut butter cookies. This is great little twist on a classic cookie. Looks so yummy. =)

22. January 16, 2010 / 2:09 pm

Sandy, I love this!!! And they look delicious. 🙂

23. Subha
      January 17, 2010 / 5:32 pm

Sandy! this is amazing!! I really want to make these cookies! and I really want to learn how to take pictures like you do…. you are an amazing photographer! I am SOO excited about this blog!!

24. January 17, 2010 / 7:20 pm

Wow, those cookies look DELICIOUS!!! Now I want cookies.

25. January 17, 2010 / 8:34 pm

Hey Sandy,

Thanks for the post on my blog – I’m looking forward to more from you in the future!

26. January 18, 2010 / 7:49 pm

Looks delicious Sandy! Now when are you making us some??? 🙂 Yes…we’re hard at work on the house…but will be moving in within the month so look forward to a house party invite soon!!! 🙂

Evan

27. January 26, 2010 / 2:11 am

omg. these look crazy good.

28. carolc
      January 26, 2010 / 10:24 am

ahhh you have a new blog??? youre such the homemaker… i LOVES it!!

🙂 hehe

29. Sooae
      January 26, 2010 / 9:15 pm

Hi Sandy! Chloe’s mommy here~ I just HAD to leave a comment to let you know that your blog is soo awesome. I just bookmarked it in my faves~ I want to try the kale chips, and those cookies look amazing. You are so lucky to be so talented and also the auntie of one of the cutest lil boys in the WORLD! =D

• January 27, 2010 / 5:57 am

@Sooae Thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment Sooae! You should definitely try the kale chips for a healthy snack! I wonder if kids will like them too… most people that I know have tried them are adults! I’d like to think that my talented is learned and not innate haha. It definitely doesn’t come naturally to me but I’m trying hard to learn things as best as I can! And yes, Evan is SOOOOOOO cute, and so is Chloe!!! =)

30. January 29, 2010 / 11:55 pm

Oh. my. gosh. Want!

31. tin
      February 1, 2010 / 11:30 pm

i never got a chance to post when you first started the blog, but i <3 it!!! the layout is very you, and the posts showcases all your wonderful talents! =)

32. Jaynne
      March 14, 2012 / 9:01 pm

Sandy,
      I’ve been hesitant about making these because there is no flour or anything. How do they taste? Do they taste like normal PB cookies?
      Jaynne