Saying Goodbye is Never Easy

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!  This is going to be somewhat of a short post because I’ve been out of town these past two weekends which meant no computer. I really can’t express how wonderful these past two weekends have been, I saw my family and many of my dearest middle school, high school and college friends (Ann Arbor friends, A.Crew, P.Crew and Summer Crew). Some of these people I’ve known for years and some I’ve only known for one year, but either way, they all influence and inspire me on a daily basis.

It was an overabundance of reliving great memories, catching up, taking pictures, shopping, eating and then saying goodbye. I’m so grateful that so many wonderful life events like weddings and babies can bring everyone together again!  I have a few more planned trips this year where I will be able to see some of them again, but for others, a year may go by without even seeing each other and that makes me so so sad. On the bright side, we can always keep in touch over email, facebook, texting,etc.  Anyhow… I leave you with another picture of me and my nephew (taken by my sister-in-law, who I think needs to become a professional photographer :))  Ok now grab a tissue, I tear up every time I look at this. Don’t we look sooo sad??

1. April 5, 2010 / 8:50 am

I wouldn’t say you look sad, I will say you look somber but definitely looking B-eautiful either way 😉 !! Definitely tell your sister in law to become a photographer if she can capture this imagine what other lives she can touch! Glad you have a had a great couple of weekends!

2. April 5, 2010 / 8:56 am

I am so glad you got to spend the holiday with loved ones. I know what you mean…it is sooo very hard to say goodbye when you know you won’t see them for a while. My family lives far too so when I do see them I soak up every minute!

3. Sheena
    April 5, 2010 / 9:35 am

awww Sandy! What a sweet picture! Glad you got to enjoy two weekends w/ loved ones!

4. Nancy
    April 5, 2010 / 9:46 am

awwww he’s so cute…his bear jacket!

• April 5, 2010 / 9:55 am

@Nancy – It’s actually a bear backpack but now that I look at it, it could look like a jacket from this angle hehehe! Either way, I think it’s adorable too!!

5. April 5, 2010 / 9:55 am

anyone would have a hard time saying bye-bye to that lil baby bear! i think it’s time for you and your hubby to have your very own baby bear! 😉

6. April 5, 2010 / 10:11 am

Quality time with friends and family is truly the best. I always walk away feeling refreshed yet sad that I can’t be closer to some of the most important people in my life.
    I hope things are going well. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA. I have an explanation coming tomorrow or Wednesday. Things have been crazy, but I think it’s a good thing.

7. April 5, 2010 / 11:06 am

What a sweet, sweet photo! And what an adorable little boy. I’d be sad to leave him, too!

8. April 5, 2010 / 11:22 am

Looks like you had a great easter weekend. Your photos are fantastic! Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Super nice of you.

That little boy is so stinking cute! Isn’t spending time with friends and fam the best. xo

9. Amy
    April 5, 2010 / 11:34 am

happy easter! t’was a good weekend in michigan! too bad i missed u. looking forward to your travel pics!

10. April 5, 2010 / 12:14 pm

I know exactly what you mean. Our families are all in California and we’re the only ones out east. It is ALWAYS so hard to leave family and friends after a visit. Quality time spent with our loved ones have become more meaningful. These are beautiful pictures and your sister did an excellent job capturing the moment you had with your nephew. Beautiful…

11. April 5, 2010 / 1:04 pm

Adorable photos! It’s very hard to leave but we are so lucky these days to be able to stay in close touch. We video Skype my hubby’s parents in Chile every day and it really is wonderful. Have a lovely week, my dear! xo – g

12. April 5, 2010 / 2:03 pm

aww, such a beautiful pic – what a cutie he is! it’s nice to have that family and friends time, isn’t it?! especially when they live in different cities.

13. April 5, 2010 / 3:51 pm

Omgosh Sandy. I love the photos of your nephew, he is just WAAAYY too cute!!!

14. April 5, 2010 / 3:58 pm

aww you expressed my exact sentiments about the weekend. thanks for blogging “for me” 🙂

• April 5, 2010 / 3:59 pm

@Sheila Awww of course! It was soo great to see you and I miss you already! =(

15. April 5, 2010 / 4:38 pm

um that is a one giant HUGE YES TO your sis getting into photography! those pics are sooo great! the light in that first one is awesome! and the captured moment in that second one is amazing! 🙂

16. April 5, 2010 / 4:41 pm

What a little sweetie! Thanks for sharing that Sandy. I’m glad you’re reconnecting with past friends and fam. Always so nice!! 🙂 xo

17. April 5, 2010 / 5:47 pm

Aw, I’m glad you had a great time (although leaving is always so hard!). That photo is so beautiful – I love it.

18. April 5, 2010 / 6:04 pm

I just said good bye to my mum, it’s always so difficult I completely agree with you, every time is even worse

19. April 5, 2010 / 9:10 pm

awww~ i love you! you’re so sweet! i think YOU are the one who should become a professional photographer! we miss you sooo much. it’s ironic how getting to see each other makes us miss each other even more. evan is so lucky to have an aunt like you!!! his only wish is to see you more often. i love these pics of the two of you! it melts my heart to see how much you two love each other. =)

20. April 5, 2010 / 9:55 pm

My maternity leave ends in few days and soon I wil have to say goodbyes to the afternoon plays my baby and I have gotten used to do…..
    She’s going to the daycare. I am going to miss her so much.
    The good news is… I am planning to leave work in few months. Right now I’m trying to tie some loose ends before the big leap ^_^ Pray for me.

21. April 5, 2010 / 11:02 pm

I’m so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time. Saying good-bye is always bittersweet, but I think time spent like that makes you realize how lucky you are. And these two photos are amazing.

22. April 5, 2010 / 11:10 pm

Awwwww, saying goodbye to that precious little baby would make me sad too!

23. April 6, 2010 / 1:42 am

What a sweet sweet heartfelt post, thanks for sharing. And what a cute nephew you have! Congrats!
    Ciao!
    Suze

24. April 6, 2010 / 11:38 am

i love both of those photos.

i agree, i hate saying good bye as well. even if you know that you will be together again soon.

i hope you had a fantastic easter!

25. April 6, 2010 / 2:51 pm

aw, how sweet! the last photo is adorable.

26. April 6, 2010 / 5:00 pm

OH my GOODNESS.. you both DO look so sad…This photo is incredibly sweet. I’m so sorry you had to say goodbye. It’s definitely never an easy thing xoxox

27. April 7, 2010 / 3:32 am

your sister-in-law IS a great photographer! these photos of you and your nephew are so sweet and precious. she captured the moment perfectly. <3

28. April 7, 2010 / 6:45 am

saying goodbye to those you love is never easy. : (