I know what some of you may be thinking after reading the title of this post, but bare with me, you may be pleasantly surprised! 🙂 My friend Elisa recently told me about a delicious and healthy dessert called Nasoya Chocolate Silken Style Creations. I had actually never heard of it before and realized that it was sold in health food stores and the nearest one to me is too far away. So I decided to try and concoct something on my own and it ended up being quite tasty! It’s smooth, creamy, and tastes just like chocolate mousse from a restaurant… but it’s made of tofu so you know it’s healthier!
- 1 package silken tofu
- 5 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Blend tofu in food processor until smooth.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and heavy cream.
- Add melted chocolate mixture, honey and vanilla into tofu mixture and blend until creamy.
- Chill mousse in fridge until ready to serve.
Eat mousse as is or serve layered with graham crackers, strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. Either way it is delicious! 🙂
Special THANKS to my childhood friend Elisa for inspiring me to make this!