A Moment in Time

On Sunday, May 2, 2010, thousands of cameras were clicking around the world at 15:00 U.T.C. (or pretty darn close to it).  Here’s what my camera had clicked on in my neighbor’s backyard, a cute little bunny hopping around!

I’m famous!  Here’s the link to the image up on the New York Times blog!  Cool thing is, they took all of the pictures and plotted them on an interactive globe that you can spin around and sort by categories such as Community, Arts & Entertainment, Family, Money and the Economy, Nature and the Environment, Other, Play, Religion, Social Issues and Work.

By the way, I’m linking this one up to Sweet Shot Tuesdays!  You should link up too, this week a posy pin and headband by The Pleated Poppy is being given away!

Sweet Shot Day

And here are some other random nature-related photos I took around our house!   The squirrels around us are just soo dang adorable.  The other day, I saw two squirrels on top of the neighbors roof taking turns jumping onto a branch, over and over again.  However, once I grabbed my camera, they stopped playing around and climbed the tree instead, boo.

Anyways, back to the A Moment in Time interactive globe.

As the website says, make no plans for the rest of the day.  There’s thousands of wonderful photos to look through!

Did you take a photo for A Moment in Time??  If so, leave a link to your blog post (if you blogged about your picture) or New York Times URL for everyone to see! 🙂

1. May 11, 2010 / 10:05 pm

that picture is awesome!! lovely bunny boo!

2. May 11, 2010 / 10:56 pm

hey sandy! kool image. how serendipitous the bunny showed up! sorry i havnt been visiting as much. been so busy, but i promise to be a better flogger! (freind + blogger) teehee

3. May 12, 2010 / 2:07 am

Very cool, will have to check it out!

4. May 12, 2010 / 4:44 am

i hadn’t even heard about this ‘moment in time’ project until now! i’m so sad i missed it. congrats on your famous photo! ;D totally worthy.

your pictures keep getting better and better sandy! ^_^

5. May 12, 2010 / 4:49 am

Awesome shot of a bunny, Sandy! I love that you can totally see his little fluffy tail! The globe packed with pictures intrigues me, but I will have to wait until after work to check it out 🙂

6. May 12, 2010 / 5:48 am

I love the picture of the bunny and the squirrel! Our neighborhood is full of squirrels because we have a slightly crazy neighbor who has feeders all over the neighborhood and who goes around daily hiding peanuts in the trees. They are so cute when they hang and eat like that!!

7. May 12, 2010 / 6:03 am

woot, woot girl! you made it to the new york times blog! that is uber cool! great shot of the bunny. i can never take good pics of action shots! loved all the rest of the photos too! have a loveLee day!

8. May 12, 2010 / 6:40 am

what a fantastic project and photo!! You captured a great moment right there.

9. May 12, 2010 / 7:04 am

Wow, the bunny shot is priceless! You caught it at the absolutely perfect moment! I wish I had bunnies running around my garden:)

xx

10. May 12, 2010 / 7:06 am

I love cool ideas like these – wow!! Gotta check this site out…but I can tell it’s going to make me waste a lot of time looking at photos! Yours came out so great…what a perfect moment…can’t believe you got a pic of that bunny!!

11. May 12, 2010 / 8:49 am

That photo is amazing!! What a well timed shot. And of course I want to snuggle that little bunny, so cute! Congrats on the New York times, that is awesome!

12. Cynthia
    May 12, 2010 / 9:35 am

Is that Koko with the flower?! Too cute!!!!!

13. May 12, 2010 / 10:15 am

wow congrats darling. your photos are great. love the bunny shot. x

14. May 12, 2010 / 10:45 am

girl that is so amazing. your pictures are so beautiful and amazing. wow girl! <3

15. May 12, 2010 / 1:20 pm

ahhhh sooo exciting.! I LOVE that rabbit jumping pic!! so great!

16. May 12, 2010 / 2:43 pm

that is such a great shot sandy!! how perfect the timing was to capture this bunny hopping! i had the time all scheduled and had my camera ready to go and then got distracted and was in the shower for my shooting time! there are some really cool shots from around the globe.

17. May 12, 2010 / 3:19 pm

This is too awesome!! And my first time hearing about it. Luv that little bunny pic, and the rest of your pics are fantastic and fu too 🙂

18. May 12, 2010 / 3:37 pm

wow… you are famous!!! this is so super cool! the picture is fantastic. thank you for your fabulous grocery tips! i completely appreciate all of your wonderful help!

19. May 12, 2010 / 3:41 pm

Great shot! I hadn’t heard of “A Moment in Time.” I wish I had!

20. May 12, 2010 / 4:03 pm

that is SUCH a cool shot of the bunny 🙂 i love rabbits. and the new york times blog interactive site is SO cool! congrats!! xo. danni

21. May 12, 2010 / 4:09 pm

How awesome is that!!! 🙂

22. May 12, 2010 / 9:50 pm

fantastic capture!

23. May 12, 2010 / 10:10 pm

Wow, that is such a special treat! Thank you for sharing… definitely a sweet shot.

24. May 12, 2010 / 11:19 pm

that is an awesome awesome awesome photo! what’s even more awesome is that you actually have bunnies running around your backyard! wow! i love all your nature photos~~ so lucky you have all this right at your fingertips. =)

25. May 13, 2010 / 7:56 am

How neat!!! Enjoyed looking at the other’s shots as well.

Congrats for being chosen!!

26. May 13, 2010 / 9:55 am

that is fantastic! love the images and love that the bunny image looks so dynamic

27. May 16, 2010 / 1:14 am

What an Amazing shot!! It couldn’t be more perfect! Sandy, you are just too awesome!! 🙂 You’ll forever be a part of the “Moment In Time” History!