Hoppy Chinese New Year~!

Have you entered the THREE GIVEAWAYS currently going on right now?  Click on the buttons over to the right to enter!

***

As you may or may not know, February 3, marks the day of the Chinese New Year!  And that means lots of fireworks, red envelopes filled with money, wearing red underwear for good luck, sticky rice cakes, and celebrations galore!

A big part of the Chinese New Year celebration is feast after feast of delicious food, it’s kind of like Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays in the U.S.! On Saturday, I’ll be heading to a friend’s house where we’ll surely be eating it up!! 🙂 If you are interested in celebrating Chinese New Year in your home, Steamy Kitchen has a GREAT round-up of Chinese New Year Recipes – I already made two entrees from the list. Pictures are taken from Steamy Kitchen (she has the food photography that is truly an inspiration for me)!

Chinese Broccoli Beef Noodle Stir Fry – mmm soy sauce, enough said.

Fresh Pear and Shrimp Stir Fry – sweet, crispy and unexpectedly delicious, added some white pepper on top too!

In the Chinese Zodiac, this year is the Year of the Rabbit, which means babies born this year are (taken from Go To Horoscope):

People born in the year of the rabbit often make ideal diplomats or politicians. Rabbit person has grace, culture and beautiful manners. Although rabbit people get on well with everyone, at heart they are basically reserved creatures, and are only really happy when they are engrossed in some sort of scholarly or intellectual activity. They are just too sensitive to the world around them. They are just not able to thrive in a competitive or aggressive environment, and it makes them anxious if someone forces them to take risks. Their inner world is simply too delicate for unsettled or unpredictable situations, and they tend to create a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere on a hunch. This character trait makes them very hospitable and attentive people, who take care of those around. The average rabbit person emphasizes the importance of small details. They pay attention to everything from colour, design and furniture to food and conversation. And only when they are sure that everything has been arranged as they wished, these people can relax and have fun. Person born in the year of rabbit often leads a conservative lifestyle, where one of the most important things is their security. This quality has a negative side also. Opting for safety over risk they may miss good opportunities. This does not imply that these people are frivolous or irresponsible, for when they truly believe in some thing they are serious, perseverant and capable. Calm as they are, it is not easy to provoke rabbit people. They are sentimental and compassionate. Yes, and they cry easily too. They can be moved by personal problems you share with them. Therefore, if you work as a salesman for a living, you will have much better luck with rabbit people – Nine out of Ten Rabbit people will definitely buy your products!

If you must know, I’m a Pig (or Boar) in the Chinese Zodiac.  I’ll keep you guessing at how old I actually am.  😉  But anyhow, here’s a few ADORABLE rabbit photos that will make you say “Awwww”!  I’m not sure of the source of these photos but my friend Lai sent them to me by email.

This holiday is seriously making me miss my family again, even though I just saw them last week!  And this picture makes me go through some nephew and fur-niece withdrawl!

Too. stinking. adorable. (picture taken by my talented sister-in-law)

Hoppy Chinese New Year!

Do you know what animal you are in the Chinese Zodiac?

You can check here if you don’t know!

1. February 2, 2011 / 11:33 pm

I’m a rabbit and that description fits me really well. My husband is a rabbit and that description does NOT fit him at all! My baby will be a rabbit too! I wonder who he’ll be similar to… 🙂

Happy New Year! (I wonder if it’d be more correct to say Lunar New Year since I’m Korean and we all celebrate it this day too…)

2. February 3, 2011 / 12:24 am

You’re 27! I am a boar also and was always sooooo self-conscious about that growing up. Ha- I even had complexes about my astrology!

I love Steamy Kitchen! My father-in-law, a former chef, told me about her initially. So yummy!

3. February 3, 2011 / 12:28 am

Happy Chinese New Year!!! I am an Ox. 🙂 I am going to my grandma’s this weekend to stuff my face with pho and egg rolls and stir fry and then collect all those pretty red envelopes! so happy to still be one of the young ones in the family…until Gavin gets older and my brother and cousins start sprouting babies…then no more red envelopes for me. wah.

4. February 3, 2011 / 12:37 am

Happy Chinese New Year! That food looks super yummy and I am a sucker for cute bunny pictures! =]

Oh and I’m a Horse!

5. February 3, 2011 / 3:47 am

the food looks incredible! i heard you are supposed to sleep with money in your bed on the eve to ensure prospertity…totally need to do that! 🙂

6. February 3, 2011 / 3:55 am

Dearest sweet sandy, happy chinese new year! May you have a prosperous rabbit year. These photos are soo adorable and i espcially adore that taken by your sister-in-law! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

7. February 3, 2011 / 6:15 am

Happy New Year!! It must be great to have a holiday to look forward to after the lull after Christmas 🙂 The food looks absolutely yummy! I’ll have to bookmark it for future reference!

8. February 3, 2011 / 6:16 am

Ohmigosh, that photo of your nephew is ADORABLE!! I’m sad I’m missing CNY back home – but I’ll definitely have my fill of food when I come home.
    (I’m a rabbit too! 🙂 It’s my year!! 🙂

9. February 3, 2011 / 7:30 am

I am the year of the OX!!

10. February 3, 2011 / 7:37 am

happy new year, sandy! hope you enjoy the celebration!

11. February 3, 2011 / 7:37 am

I always wished I was a rabbit (rabbits were my favorite animal growing up) but I was born in the year of the monkey. I’m not sure how well that fits me or not. My friend and I are going out this weekend to celebrate Chinese New Year’s, which means we’re going to search all over San Diego for a decent Chinese restaurant. Hoppy New Year to you too, Sandy!

12. February 3, 2011 / 7:45 am

Happy New Year!! The rabbit pictures made me smile (also your nephew is too cute with those bunny ears!). I was born in the year of the dog. I think the description is only halfway accurate 🙂

Enjoy all that yummy food for me!!

13. February 3, 2011 / 8:08 am

I so need to find out!!!! Btw: The fresh pear and shrimp stir fry looks so delicious:) Yummy!
    Hugs and kisses, sunshine

14. February 3, 2011 / 8:36 am

Mmm yummy! And such cute bunnies!

15. ting
    February 3, 2011 / 8:50 am

happy new year!!!! 😀 super cute post and yummmy looking food. om nom nom.

16. February 3, 2011 / 8:55 am

As unglamorous as it sounds… I’m proud to be an ox! My husband loves to tease me about that.

My father in-law is Chinese and he is the most amazing cook. This post made me hungry!

17. February 3, 2011 / 8:56 am

hoppy new year to you too girlie! hope you get lots of red envelops! if you are born in the year of the pig then you are younger then me 😀

18. February 3, 2011 / 9:13 am

Ummm yum. Seriously. Thanks for the link to the recipes! I’m going to have to try a few out!

19. February 3, 2011 / 9:24 am

that shrimp dish… so succulent looking! yum! i was born in the year of the tiger. i Adore E&B’s holiday photos!!!

20. February 3, 2011 / 9:42 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 😀

21. February 3, 2011 / 9:46 am

I am the horse!!! 🙂
    Happy New Year Sandy!!! xoxo

22. February 3, 2011 / 10:41 am

Hahaha when I saw the title I was confused (Hoppy) but now I get it! Happy Chinese New Year!

23. February 3, 2011 / 10:55 am

I’m a rat…which I think sounds so terrible! Who wants to be a rat?! I’m going to a Chinese New Year celebration next week and I’m super excited about it!

24. February 3, 2011 / 10:57 am

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!
    that stir fry looks so good! i might have to change up my dinner plans tonight!

25. February 3, 2011 / 11:05 am

hahaha – this was too cute! happy chinese new year to you too!!!

i was born in the year of the rat!! so i guess im a rat – hehe!!

26. February 3, 2011 / 11:28 am

Well Happy Chinese New Year my friend!
    I have been craving Chinese food like crazy during this pregnancy and this post makes my stomach growl!
    Adorable picture of your nephew!! EE!!

27. February 3, 2011 / 11:39 am

That food looks delicious! And I love all the bun-bun photos.

28. steph
    February 3, 2011 / 11:40 am

Awwww your nephew makes for a great bunny rabbit! So cute 🙂

I’m a boar too. Yay twinnies!

hop hop.

29. ChantaleP
    February 3, 2011 / 12:18 pm

Happy New Year to you too Sandy. All the very best and continued happiness to you and your loved ones! I had to quickly pass by the food photos.. making me too hungry! lol.

30. February 3, 2011 / 1:12 pm

how sweet is that last picture of your nephew and fur-niece! so cute! happy chinese new year to you, sandy! wishing you a richly blessed year ahead!

31. February 3, 2011 / 1:37 pm

i forgot to mention – i am in the year of the rabbit. my 1st was born when i was 24 so that make her also a “rabbit” since it repeats every 12 years 🙂 the bunnies are so darn nibbly cute!!

32. February 3, 2011 / 2:48 pm

Happy Chinese New Year, Sandy!! 🙂 I always love it when you share photos of your adorable nephew, he’s just so darn cute! My Chinese zodiac animal is the monkey. 🙂

33. February 3, 2011 / 6:37 pm

Haha it looks like I’m a rat 🙂

Those recipes look delish. I need to start making more dishes instead of the same old ones I make.

Those bunny pics are so sweet as is your adorable nephew! x

34. February 3, 2011 / 6:44 pm

Happy New Year, Sweetie!! We had dinner with Hunny’s family and it was a huge feast as usual!

I was born in the year of the snake 😉

These bunny pics are adorbs! I’m hoping the bunny will bring a nice balance to last years tiger. I’m thinking last years tiger was an angry tiger… lol! It seemed that way for me and many of my friends anyways.

35. February 3, 2011 / 7:04 pm

I linked to this post on my blog today! 🙂 Cheers Sandy!

36. February 3, 2011 / 9:28 pm

Happy New Year!!!

37. February 3, 2011 / 11:56 pm

Happy New Year!! The food looks delectable. I’m year of the rat 🙂

38. February 4, 2011 / 7:03 am

Happy Year of the Rabbit! the nephew, stuffed rabbit, and doggie with the bunny ears are just too cute! i’m gonna have to try the broccoli beef noodle recipe! it looks so yummy!

39. February 5, 2011 / 1:02 am

I’m the year of the tiger. I too love all the feasting around Chinese New Year. That Chinese broccoli in that first picture looks really good. My girls only eat American broccoli which is a total bummer. We actually went out tonight and feasted on duck, crispy chicken, chow fun and more — it was good (but not for my waistline). Happy New Year!

40. et
    February 5, 2011 / 6:39 am

Happy Chinese New Year! 😀 Have a wonderful year

41. February 5, 2011 / 8:47 am

Hi Sandy! I feel like you’ve probably answered this, but what kind of dog is that? (Your sister-in-law’s?) She looks like a goldendoodle. 🙂

42. February 6, 2011 / 2:24 am

Good grief, your nephew looks adorable! Your sis-in-law did a great job keeping all 3 of them still and looking at the camera 😀

43. February 8, 2011 / 8:50 pm

Very cute pic. My daughter is here while I’m looking at this & she is giggling at the bottom pic.

44. February 10, 2011 / 1:12 pm

I’m just saying…. Upon scrolling down to the FIRST picture of the noodley stir fry…. I almost licked my computer screen. If that was your desired effect…I believe you achieved it. Awkward? Maybe.

45. August 30, 2014 / 3:08 am

In filing the case, in United States District Court, lawyers for the plaintiffs argued that
    the enterprise had been unfair and deceptive in deploying
    users’ names and pictures in marketing without having consent.
    In its defense, Facebook took a press-freedom strategy, saying it did not
    need to have consent because sponsored stories had been basically _news,
    _ due to the fact all Facebook users had been public figures to
    their mates. Particulars of the tentative settlement have been not disclosed.
    facebook likes not showing (Acidrefluxtreatmentinfo.net)