California, I Heart You!

Reasons I heart California:

1.  My parents, brother, SIL, nephew, fur-niece and soon-to-be niece live there.  They always feed me well whether it’s eating my favorite jja jiang mien noodles and cake or if it’s going out to get bubble tea.  This is when I flew in to surprise my Dad for his milestone birthday!

Love.

The Noodle Monster.

Eating with chopsticks or eating with hands, which do you prefer?

My mom’s jja jiang mien, SO GOOD!

Birthday cake, the Asian kind with super fluffy frosting, nom nom.

Sweet Shot Day

Whose birthday was it?  Oh yes, it was my Dad’s haha.

2. Finding cute cities around the Los Angeles area that aren’t full of traffic and smog.

A beautiful city hall.

Crazy amount of antique stores, YES!

My parents totally want this arch in their backyard!

And this is where we stayed.  😉  Well one of these is correct.

Loving the color scheme here.

What a cool faucet and TRIPLE shower head!

3. The plethora of wineries there are.  I could go wine tasting all day every day (photos taken by my Mom)

Are you a fan of California?  What do you love to do there?

1. May 2, 2011 / 8:15 pm

Evan is so cute all the dang time.

2. May 2, 2011 / 8:21 pm

I’ve only been to Cali once but I definitely prefer the weather there to the weather here.

3. May 2, 2011 / 8:25 pm

families and food are my fave!! hope you make it back to CA again soon 🙂

4. May 2, 2011 / 8:30 pm

I live in San Diego, 45 minutes from Temecula and have NEVER been! Your pictures make me want to take a weekend trip :]

What do I love about California? EVERYTHING!

5. May 2, 2011 / 8:31 pm

There is so many reasons why I love Cali. Mostly because it’s my hometown (these past two years are the first time I have lived away from it ever) All my friends and most of my family is there as well. Also the weather and beaches and things to do are so awesome compared to where I am now.

::sigh:: I miss it so much

6. May 2, 2011 / 8:35 pm

I moved to California from Argentina only 3 months ago and I already started loving it. You were close from home, by the way! 🙂

Lovely pics and noodle monster, hehe!

Miki.

7. May 2, 2011 / 8:43 pm

all that food looks soooooo good! 🙂

8. May 2, 2011 / 9:03 pm

I miss california. Especially Pinkberry, In & Out and Somis Market. Mmmm.

9. May 2, 2011 / 9:27 pm

That meal looks so delicious! And a triple shower head sounds AMAZING!

10. Verlee
    May 2, 2011 / 9:36 pm

I’m Cali born and raised!! You were so close to me being in Temecula since I’m in SD! 😉

I love our weather.. but darn sunshine tax sucks!

11. May 2, 2011 / 9:37 pm

Hmmm, let me see…I LOVE living here!!! I think I love everything about it–the weather, my family, the scenery, everything 🙂

And, yes, Temecula is BEAUTIFUL (and 20 minutes away)! It was one of the final places I drove through on my way home from Creative Estates.

12. May 2, 2011 / 9:40 pm

I’ve only been once. I went to a wedding in Napa and then spent a few days in San Francisco. It was awesome and I’d love to go back. Napa was especially beautiful!

13. May 2, 2011 / 9:43 pm

I love california too! Your moms desert looks amazing!! I am mouth watering just looking at it. You look beautiful!

14. May 2, 2011 / 9:51 pm

i love california for its sun and hot weather! and your mom’s jja jiang mien looks so good. your nephew, adorable.

15. May 2, 2011 / 9:53 pm

i love to eat in california. especially mexican food. oh and indian. and don’t forget sushi. yum, i’m getting hungry.

16. May 2, 2011 / 10:04 pm

I have NEVER been to ca… which is strange, because I feel like a globetrotter… but nope, never been!!! Soon… perhaps it’ll be where we retire! 🙂

17. May 2, 2011 / 10:34 pm

Looks like you had a fun weekend! The noodle monster is too cute! Makes me miss my nephew also in cali! I’m totally a California girl at heart. I grew up and lived there most of my life. I have to say they have great ethnic food. My friends and I usually do an annual wine tasting tour. I used to love going to the beach to just people watch and read.

18. May 2, 2011 / 10:45 pm

i went to CA a looong time ago. i hope to go back again soon and check out all these cool places that all of you peeps talk about!!!!

19. May 2, 2011 / 10:54 pm

love this post! a reason why i love california: home is where the heart is. no matter where life may take, i know that the sun is always shining in los angeles – it is home. always.

20. May 2, 2011 / 11:12 pm

I’m a native, born and raised. I never thought it was anything special (how naive of me) but quickly realized what the hype was all about when I moved to VA. All I wanted to do was get back, and alas! I have arrived! Now I am huge California lover! I pick up trash on the beaches in my spare time and donate to the state parks…anything to make my state a better place! 🙂

21. May 2, 2011 / 11:28 pm

I was born in California and spent a lot of years there. Now I appreciate the weather when I visit! So glad you had a great time for your Dad’s birthday, Sandy! xo – g

22. May 3, 2011 / 1:36 am

Ahh get outta here! My grandmother’s “jja jiang mien” is my ALL-TIME favorite dish ever!

I was born and raised in California, and I absolutely love it here. I love the weather, the atmosphere, everything! I definitely want to move around and live in different places and countries in the future, but I’ll always come back!

23. May 3, 2011 / 3:42 am

Maybe you should just go and move there 🙂 since you have so many of your family members there.

What a beautiful place you stayed at?! And the food looks good. Oh yum.

24. May 3, 2011 / 6:22 am

great pictures!! i’ve only been a couple times and i went to humboldt and san francisco…i love that it’s by the water for sure 🙂

25. May 3, 2011 / 6:31 am

If I wasn’t in love with CA already, you helped get me there! I can’t wait to visit again someday! Hopefully, next time it won’t be for business 🙂

26. May 3, 2011 / 7:27 am

I was in SF several years ago, and LOVED IT! So much fun, I wanna go back sometime 🙂

27. May 3, 2011 / 7:42 am

Wow! Such beautiful views and your family is very good looking! 🙂 That dish looks delicious! I was actually born in California, but I don’t remember much. I moved to South Carolina when I was 4. Kind of sad that I didn’t get to experience much of it. I’ve only been back once when I was 15….would love to go back again! 🙂

28. May 3, 2011 / 8:28 am

I have to admit I’m jealous of all of this. I live in Florida and would LOVE to see California.
    Don’t get me wrong I love life in the Sunshine State, but can’t believe I haven’t experienced Califoria yet, I hope to very soon.

29. May 3, 2011 / 9:08 am

beautiful photos. veeery very beautiful photos. i love them… the colors and the light is perfect. have a lovely day! <3

30. May 3, 2011 / 9:23 am

Happy birthday to your dad!
    Your family is so cute. And your nephew… you you’re such a lucky aunty! I bet he is so so spoiled rotten 🙂
    Your pictures have me craving California like crazy!

31. May 3, 2011 / 9:42 am

Sandy, you have such a picturesque family!! 🙂 You all look so beautiful and adorable and happy! That’s so cool that you all made it out to the Temecula wineries – it’s so fun wine tasting for a day! So cute 🙂

32. May 3, 2011 / 10:05 am

Pretty pictures!!!! I wish CA wasn’t so far! So many places I would love to explore!! I love the nephews crazy bedhead hair 😉 Adorable! <3

33. May 3, 2011 / 10:41 am

Oooh!!! I just love eating with chopsticks! My hubs is chinese and since I married him I’ve been obsessed!

And Cali… sigh… can’t get enough of that beautiful state! I was born and raised just outside of San Fransisco so I’d have to say that the Bay Area is the bestest!!!! Love your pics! Makes me miss home!

34. May 3, 2011 / 10:44 am

I LOVE Cali and get out there as often as I can (about 4 times a year). My fam and friends are there, and you can’t beat the weather!!!

35. May 3, 2011 / 11:09 am

awe, what great photos!!!

i love visiting California! i have a friend that lives in Temecula & it’s a lovely place! i also love Oceanside & of course, Disneyland!!! 🙂 🙂

36. May 3, 2011 / 11:36 am

Ooh! Pretty pictures. Looks like such a fun time. Oh my gosh, I am dying over here after seeing that cake. I mean look at ALL that frosting! 😀

37. May 3, 2011 / 12:44 pm

Just went to Cali for the first time a couple weeks ago! It was quite lovely, although I was there on business. I’d love to go back and explore sometime!

38. May 3, 2011 / 12:48 pm

That is one helluva jajamyun! Aw, what a sweet family pic and your nephew? He’s awesome! Love his hair.. hehe! I love anywhere on the Cali coast! Nothing completes a Cali visit than Disney.

39. May 3, 2011 / 12:59 pm

i’m drooling over your mom’s homemade zha jiang mian! that’s one of my favorite chinese food ever, but i always get it at restaurants… the homemade version must be so much better!

40. May 3, 2011 / 3:04 pm

i showed this blog post, and the previous one to my hubs because his name is evan…

and i wanted to show him the other cute evan.

he agreed. evan is adorable.

41. May 3, 2011 / 3:34 pm

cali FOREAVH! it’s on my bucket list to go, thankyouverymuch.

42. May 3, 2011 / 6:15 pm

I am California born and raised. Live in the burbs of the San Gabriel Valley (Are within Los Angeles County) I LOVE California and don’t ever want to leave here! I’m actually getting hitched near where you visited. Actually it’s Murrieta but pretty close. I love that little countryside.

43. May 3, 2011 / 7:41 pm

That Temecula picture is AMAZING! I love the color of the sky.

I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again. Your nephew is the CUTEST!

44. Carolyn Pan
    May 3, 2011 / 9:13 pm

I love and miss your family!! I’m glad to see that you visit SoCal so often because I’ll be moving there this summer. Hopefully we’ll get to reconnect!

45. May 3, 2011 / 9:17 pm

I am a total California girl! And I adore that dress you are wearing. So super cute!

46. steph
    May 4, 2011 / 11:36 am

Awwww Evan is so cute, I love that you call him the noodle monster, heehee 🙂

California blue skies are amazing…

47. May 4, 2011 / 1:49 pm

I’ve only been to LA but cannot wait to go back and visit more of Cali!

48. May 4, 2011 / 11:56 pm

how funny, the hubby and i just went to Temecula this past weekend. LOVED it! we went wine tasting, beer tasting and just had a great time sans kiddos!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

49. May 5, 2011 / 12:00 am

Oh my, that noodle-monster is just too CUTE 🙂
    Gorgeous pictures!
    xoxo
    Olivia

50. May 5, 2011 / 10:59 am

love the photos! you always make california look so fun! i think it’s just more fun when you’re here. =) it was the best surprise ever for dad to have you here on his bday! evan was so happy too!!! =)

51. Caroline
    May 5, 2011 / 5:29 pm

Do you have your mom’s recipe for the noodles?

Thanks

52. May 6, 2011 / 1:42 am

cute cute cute!

Seriously, I love the pictures of your adorable nephew. 🙂

53. May 6, 2011 / 1:42 pm

Your nephew is so cute!!!! I was hoping for another photo with your glasses.

My mom lives in Cali in San Jose and I got to visit her once but I hope to visit more though.

I love the weather and the shopping!

54. May 6, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Oh my gosh! Wilson Creek is my favorite winery!

55. May 10, 2011 / 7:41 am

hi sandy!! i just got back from visiting so cal and meeting up with your sweet and beautiful SIL! 🙂 LA is my hometown so it will always hold a special place in my heart. the best thing to do there is EAT!! i love that candles blowing photo!