Life lately has been super overwhelming. I’m tired all the time and have a million things I need and want to do. And because I work better in list form, here’s some of the bad and some of the good. 🙂
The Bad, Stressful and Ugly
1. Been driving around a huge Chevy Impala rental car for the past few days as my car is still getting fixed. This thing eats up gas like crazy.
2. Waiting for the liability insurance claim to come back to see who was at fault for the car accident.
3. Austin’s sleep schedule at night has varied between 1 hour – 9 hours of sleep for his longest stretch. He may be teething?
4. Had to push back Austin’s 4 mo. appointment because of a client in town.
5. Work has gotten me SO busy and I know I’m not the only busy one on the team, everyone is drowning.
6. Trying to keep up with blog posts. I have lots of outfit pictures and Austin pictures taken and ideas for post, just lacking the time to write them all!
7. Pumping at work is a real pain, I’ll leave it at that.
8. There’s never enough hours in the day.
The Good, Happy and Cheery
1. Seeing Austin smile or giggle makes all things right in the world.
2. This month consists of my first Mother’s Day and me and Marvin’s 3rd wedding anniversary! Excited to celebrate both.
3. I really do love blog writing and reading, just wish I had more time to do it. I really look forward to reading all your comments at the end of the day!
4. Our neighborhood garage sale is this weekend and I am SO EXCITED! Our neighborhood is FULL of kids so I’m sure we can pick up some great things for Austin. Looking for a jumperoo at an affordable price.
5. 80 degree weather.
6. Having my Mom care for Austin all day, make dinner for us when we get home, and take care of him on weeknights. We are SO blessed.
7. Rocking sweet baby boy to sleep. Although eventually we’ll have to train him to soothe himself to sleep so we can have some more time back in our day, these moments when he is small enough to rock him to sleep are precious. Don’t suppose he’d appreciate me doing that once he’s a teenager.
8. I got instagram, follow me at sandyalamode! Above are a few of my most recent favorite pictures of Austin. He’s my little cutie pie! Looking at these pictures at the end of the day makes all the Bad, Stressful and Ugly seemingly unimportant.
P.S. The winner of the Tookies $25 shop credit giveaway is Laura Royal! Congrats girl! Send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize!!
What’s on your good and bad list?
Oh no! Car issues are the worst. I hope it turns out okay. These photos are so sweet- captures the adorableness of Austin so well.
oh gosh, i’m so sorry to hear about the accident. I’ve had a rental impala before and agree that driving this car is like navigating a BOAT!
The bad sounds annoying and stressful it will pass. The good sounds great – and it will continue to get better.
And your third to the bad, and the good is the cute – which you’ve illustrated nicely with the pictures. 😉
Oh momma- boo for work- pumping at work is such a pain! I pray that your load gets easier! And how great that your mother is there!! 🙂
Sandy, I’m amazed at all your able to do! It sounds like things are super stressful and I hope they calm down soon. The good thing about human memory is that one day you’ll look back and only remember the good. 🙂
way to go on pumping at work! you are doing a great job! i think it’s awesome your mom gets to watch austin. that’s a huge blessing! i love his pictures. too to adorbs.
Austin is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad: tantrums, Good: playful, talking, hugging, kissing, baby fat. And don’t worry about rocking Austin to sleep. We used it. And our son falls asleep fine. We eased J into soothing himself, and it wasn’t as hard as we thought it would be. Keep your head high, girl! You’re doing great!
Austin is so adorable!! 😀 I know what you mean about all the bad stuff going on, but the good stuff always makes up for it 🙂
that is awesome that your mom gets to watch austin – what a blessing! and adorable pics of him!! hope you get some time to get stuff done or to just relax – sounds like you need it!
At the end of the day seeing your baby smiling is the greatest gift isnt it. I can understand all the bad though, i dont know even know how you do it Sandy keeping up with your blog and baby and work. I don’t blog everyday and mainly because I dont really have time to. you are so lucky to have your mother take care of Austin during the day and dont have to worry about cooking when you get off! jealous!
Hang in there wanz! I’m voting you for Team Lead / Mom of the year!
Yay for your first Mother’s Day and 3rd anniversary!
oh girl. he is adorbs!!
isn’t it crazy how different each night can be sleep wise?!
He is just beyond adorable.
I’m glad the good outweighs the bad at the end of the day! Austin is so cute…I adore that photo of him with the hoodie on. The expression on his face is priceless!
My kids went through weird eating/sleeping times at 5 weeks and 5 months – they ate like crazy. I wonder if it could be something like that? My son got his teeth early too, so maybe it is. Isn’t it funny how as mothers we just have to guess sometimes 😉
I hope your car issues are resolved and you can get some rest!
a simple smile from either of my girls is all i need to feel grounded. It’s so amazing how God can just give you that gift. No matter how tired, busy , stressed once you see the onces that depend and need you and look up to you the most, just flash a toothy grin you melt. Don’t worry mama, i promise (as for the baby part) that it gets SO much easier. So many people look up to you, you juggle so much! Hope you can take a nice breather this weekend and do nothing work, blog, or anything related and just concentrate on the little guy keke. You deserve it!! <3 xO!
You are one busy lady!! I don’t know how you do it?! Hope you get some “YOU” time somewhere in there!!! You definitely deserve it
he is soooo cute!!
I hate feeling stressed and overwhelmed! I’m so glad you have a lot of good to balance it out 🙂
Wow Austin is so adorable! 🙂
I know how it can get sometimes, take a break from the blog if you need to? Anyway sending some love your way.
He is so adorable!!
You are very fortunate to have your mom to help. We’re in Canada so the mat leave is a year making it a tad easier…couldn’t imagine doing it without the help of family!
Glad your “good” list is still pretty long! My good list: picked up a new job this week (I’m a freelancer)’ the bad: I picked up a new job this week — trying to fit everything in timewise is proving to be tough!
Pumping at work is a pain… but way to go mama! 🙂 I did it for 1.5 years, and was so glad when I stopped, but was so proud for having gone so long.
awww austin is getting so big and cuuuuuute!!! i’ll follow you at instagram.
oh and look out for the fisher price rainforest jumperoo if you happen to find it in the garage sale. my baby loves it and it’s my 30 minutes – 1 hour baby sitter, lol.
Sounds like a very busy list, but the good out weighs the bad alone. So that’s wonderful! Beautiful photos. 🙂
I’ll be sure to find and follow you on IG! Sorry about all the stress. I hear ya on the not enough time in the day. I try to find time to do house chores, photography business, run our church website, plan youth events, write posts, and more! Let me know when you find out how to do it all 😉 Noah has started teething. I just realized last night he has 2 two coming in…already! It is possible. Is he fussier than normal?
He is such a sweetie. It’s so great that your mom can help so much! I don’t know what I would do without mine!
Love that despite your rough circumstances, Austin is there to give you some perspective! He just gets more adorable every day!!
I’m glad that you have all that good to balance out the bad. I can’t even imagine how stressful it must be to have to balance motherhood with a demanding job. Hang in there Sandy. You’re doing an amazing job! 🙂 xoxo
love to you lady! praying that the stressful & ugly go away soon!
There definitely isn’t enough time in the day!
Babies smiles and giggles make everything seem perfect though! Just wait until he can kiss and hug you…best thing ever!
Sounds like you have been very busy and stressed! Glad little Austin can turn your day around and make you so happy! Doesn’t it get you to wonder what you did before him? He’s so cute!