Filet Mignon with Herb-Butter Sauce and Mushrooms
(from Beef It’s What’s For Dinner)
– 4 beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon), cut 1 inch thick (about 6 ounces each)
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1 -1/2 cups assorted mushrooms (shiitake, enoki, straw, cremini, button or chanterelle), whole or cut in half if large
– 1/4 cup minced shallots
– 1-1/2 cups beef broth
– 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter, season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
2. Heat butter in same skillet over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Add beef broth and thyme to skillet, stirring until browned bits attached to bottom of pan are dissolved; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
3. Serve steaks with sauce.
It’s no joke that I am a meat lover. The more red and bloody and tender it is, the better. Well, medium rare to be exact. The other day, Kansas Beef Council contacted me to take the My Plate, My Way eating personality test so I said why not. It’s an interactive tool that asks you a set of 8 simple questions and spits out your eating personality and a few recipes they think you’d enjoy. I was given the title of “Flavor Saveur” and it couldn’t be more right. Flavor is key when it comes to food and I just love experimenting with new foods and recipes. This Filet Mignon (best meat ever) recipe was pretty simple to make and it sure did have a lot of flavor. I didn’t even have to dip it in A-1 sauce, which I usually do for most steaks. I know, I’m bad, but that stuff is SO good. If you are a beef lover looking for a few new recipes, then take this quiz and get a recipe or two to add to your collection of recipes to try.
This looks soooo good! I love filet mignon too!
Yum, looks tasty!
looks sooo delicious! thanks for sharing!! 🙂
ADAM ❤ ALEX
I am a filet mignon girl myself. My husband is a butcher so we are never short on good steak though 🙂
I love filet mignon! Seriously, that’s my favorite beef ever and that photo makes me crave it! Yum!
OMG – I LOVE steak, and this looks so yummy!
-Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
I grew up eating filet mignon every week so this is definitely comfort food for me. But with an herb butter sauce? That’s just amazing!
You must be an amazing cook. I’m actually a vegetarian but I love to occasionally have vegetarian steak with A-1.
We are having a giveaway on our blog Sunny Days and Starry Nights, hope you stop by and enter.
I love a good steak. I’m more of a medium girl myself but I love the flavour of that steak. Yummy!
Looks yummy… really loving the mash sweet potato
i am a meat lover too and i love filet mignon! every time we go out to eat, i almost always order steak. 😉
Win 3 kinds of truffles from The Madelaine Chocolate Company! 🙂
mmm, love me some meat! and i took the survey and came out as a Family Chef! that was a surprise to me, too. 😉
That looks SO good.
YUMMMM This looks incredible sandy!
Mmm filet mignon, great choice! I love meat too!