Wearing A Sweater As A Bottom

Tank c/o Skinny Tees | Cardigan c/o Conversation Pieces | Skirt: Anthropologie | Shoes: Target | Necklace: Gift from Friend | Bracelet: JEWELIQ

It’s getting REAL cold lately and snow is supposed to come this week.  I’m not a huge fan of cold besides the fact that I can wear sweaters and layers.  That’s pretty much all that it’s got going for it.  I love this outfit because of so many things.  The Skinny Tees tank is super soft and a great staple to have in every woman’s wardrobe.  I wish I had one in every color.  The cardigan has these super adorable gold dots and a peplum shape.  The necklace makes a statement and reminds me of Tiffany’s bean collection.  And there’s no better type of skirt to wear for cold weather, than a sweater skirt.  Soft, warm, comfy, and this one just has the cutest print ever.  Stripes and polka dots, it did the pattern mixing for me, didn’t even have to think about it.  😉  For the record, I wore this a few weeks ago, when the weather was actually warm enough to go bare legged.

P.S. The winner of the Olive + Piper jewelry giveaway is Danielle M.!  Congrats girl!  Send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com with your mailing address and we’ll get your goodies sent out to ya!

How cold is it where you live?  Any snow yet?

1. December 20, 2012 / 8:08 am

It is snowing as I type this, although we’re only supposed to get a few inches thank goodness. The cold is actually still okay too. As long as I can take a deep breath outside I guess I’m happy hehe.

2. December 20, 2012 / 10:38 am

That skirt is ADORABLE. I love the polka dots & the colorful stripes. I WISH it was cold here..it’s been in the upper 70s low 80s for the past few weeks. We are supposed to get a cold front soon…which means highs of 71 & lows of 50!

3. December 20, 2012 / 11:57 am

The skirt is so cute and looks very soft. You mix patterns so well and effortlessly.

4. December 20, 2012 / 1:05 pm

I live in Chicago and we’re about to get a HUGE snow storm tonight! I need to start layering up like you! I love that sweater skirt – so adorable! It’s the perfect combination of cute, comfortable, AND warm! You look beautiful as always!
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

5. CRAVING FOR BARNEYS
    December 20, 2012 / 1:10 pm

You look gorgeous!! Xoxo

6. December 20, 2012 / 2:58 pm

we supossed to get snow tonight and i want it for christmas! then it can stay away! i love your skirt – such a pretty outfit!

7. December 20, 2012 / 3:59 pm

And I thought you had actually wore a sweater as a skirt, hehe! Love the whole earth toned outfit and that cardi is so very cute!

8. December 20, 2012 / 9:02 pm

The skirt is gorgeous. Love the pattern.

Advance Merry Christmas to you and your family.

<3,
    Angie
    audrinajulia.blogspot.com

9. December 20, 2012 / 9:49 pm

I love the sweater skirt and that gorgeous thick chain necklace! It’s actually super cold here, we just had a blizzard! Crazy. I loved it though because I got the chance to unwind and stay in!

10. December 21, 2012 / 11:55 pm

it is about 50 degrees right now, and I’m freezing my butt off! Call me a puss, but that’s Cali! Although I will be subjecting myself to NYC dead of winter weather in Feb….so will definitely need to prepare for that!
    I adore this entire look! love the rich colors and mix of patterns! great chunky necklace!

<3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

11. December 22, 2012 / 8:12 am

Aw Sandy, that skirt looks so elegant and sweet on you. We got the tiniest whiff of snow yesterday and now I’m PUMPED for Christmas!!! Love you, Merry Christmas!!

12. December 26, 2012 / 12:38 am

Merry Christmas, Sandy! ;D Hope you had lots of fun and good food with the fam!

Love the skirt, btw :p.

Hugs!

Miki.

13. January 21, 2013 / 1:07 pm

that is such a cute sweater!