A Revamped Desk Space with Ross Dress for Less

This post is sponsored by Ross Dress for Less, but all opinions and pictures are my own.

Since moving into our new home and city about over 6 months ago, I’ve really had the urge to redecorate our home to some new and updated furniture and decor. I realize that this is not a cheap hobby to have, but I have promised my husband that I would take it one room/area at a time and spread it out over time. A lot of our furniture is honestly from our college days or was given to us for free. While I am fortunate that we are able to keep everything for so long, it really is about time to update our decor to a more modern look. Ross Dress for Less recently challenged me to update one of my desk spaces and of course I had to jump on the opportunity. When you first enter our front door, we have set up a computer space for pretty much guests to use for browsing the web as well as printing things.  It is not a full room, but just an area that we’ve turned into a make shift office. And this is what it looked like…

IMG_4848

IMG_4857

IMG_4856

IMG_4853

IMG_4851

It’s pretty much made up of some old furniture, has no visual decor elements, hardly any organization and things just piled up haphazardly.  So I headed out to a few Ross Dress for Less stores and totally had fun treasure hunting.  They have an extensive home collection that consists of furniture, storage solutions, desk organizers, etc.  Seriously, I fell in love with like all of their chairs and wanted to redo all my chairs in my house with their chairs, but I had to refrain myself.   But here is what I did buy to spruce up the space!

ross dress for less desk-001

1. A new painting to fill the wall. I just love these colors together and though it made a great focal point piece.
2. Ghirardelli chocolates… need explanation?  I think not…
3. Teal chair – it’s so comfy and soft, I love it!  It’s also a fun pop of color!  And I put a throw over it in case any one gets cold.
4. “S” Mug for drinking while typing.
5. Hot pink desk organizer that contains many holders, tape dispenser, etc.
6. Small bin to store my DVDs/CDs/ loose wires
7. Gold bar cart turned into printer stand (this might be one of my fave purchases, it was actually marked down from like $149 to $50!
8. A bigger bin to store additional paper and printing items.

IMG_4924

IMG_4931

IMG_4927

IMG_4915

IMG_4919

IMG_4929

IMG_4922

IMG_4925

Ross Dress for Less really has got the price point right as all of these items were super affordable.  The most expensive was the chair at just over $100, the bar cart was on super sale for $50, the painting was about $35, and the rest of the items were less than those prices.  They are currently having a special home event which makes it a great time to stock up on decor essentials right now.  I totally want to buy some accents chairs for my living room and maybe redo some of my coffee tables with items purchased at Ross Dress for Less too!

1. jillian
    February 2, 2015 / 5:36 am

cute accessories! xo jillian

2. February 2, 2015 / 7:32 am

Love the idea of using the bar cart for the printer!

3. February 2, 2015 / 8:11 am

i am in LOVE with this chair!!!! i mean: the entire space looks beautiful – but that chair!!!! *swoon* we REALLY need to get a new chair for our computer desk!!!

4. February 2, 2015 / 3:13 pm

Oooh I love it, nicely done!

5. Kathy
    February 15, 2015 / 1:01 am

Very nice and inspirational. I like the affirmation of one area at a time. To see the before,after,read your plan, is helpfull. Sometimes I get carried away with one or two things for each of several areas. I know it isn’t right way to accomplish anything. So, next week I am going to Ross for items to complete one room. I am challenged to be bold. Thank you!

6. Khezi
    February 16, 2015 / 2:09 pm

Nice clean and functional. Really like the wall art.

7. Barbara Feb 26 2015 @6:27
    February 25, 2015 / 4:43 pm

I like the way you did the room it give you more room.

8. December 8, 2015 / 1:18 pm

add acessories, lamps, mrorirs, shadow boxes, pictures, art, modern (or whatever style your into) furniture,cd rack, dvd case, anything that tells about you. You could have blown up images of your favorite items that are very simply but fun and still age appropiate. I would definitely change out teh curtains add something thats bold or colors that you perfer. Tha nI would place a fun carpet that doesn’t have to be colorful but fun in shapes and desgin. This will draw your eye but not overdo the room. If you liked you could hang drapes form the ceiling, not many but just a couple to higlight the ceiling, or hang a chandeliar to give style to the room. I would keep the furniture to a minimum to give a professional look but not to old. Theres some items called wall pops that you just peel on and off and it doesn’t hurt your paint, they come in all colors, designs, shapes, and their a little pricey but they come in handy when giving a boring room color or style. They sell them at lowes if your interested. Make sure all clothes and clutter is put away to make the room seem relaxed and not disorganized, this will be a help when parents start nagging. Other elements are up to you, it all dpends on your style, pbteen has a good selection of furntiure, bedding and accesories. Other cheaper stores and sites include walmart, kmart,target,bed bath and beyond, linens and things, ebay,amazon,shopzilla, and many more.hope your room turns out great :]