Baby Food: Pear Banana Puree with Blendtec

This post was sponsored by Blendtec, but all pictures and opinions expressed are my own.

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Baby girl is 7 months old, time is flying and I just can’t believe she is growing up so fast!  For the first 5 months of her life or so, she was pretty much drinking breast milk and some formula, and just recently we have started introducing some rice cereal and solids.  I’ve always been told to introduce foods slowly and one at a time for babies, as you never know what type of allergies your baby may have and it’s always good to be cautious. One of the first foods we ever fed to Vivian was bananas. I just love her little face when the spoon touches her mouth and her tongue feels its away around that “strange texture” of food. It’s just too cute. We had been feeding her bananas for weeks… when I figured we needed to mix things up.

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

One must have item for making baby food is a high quality blender. This Designer 625 Blendtec is high power, easy to use, not too loud when it blends, and it comes in 7 beautiful colors to match your own kitchen decor.  To make Vivian’s baby food, I actually opted for using a Twister Jar.  This is a great option for baby food as the twisting motion forces the ingredients from the sides of the jar back into the blade, allowing you to achieve a perfect blend every time. Also included is a spatula that is the perfect size for that Twister Jar so you can get every last bit of food out of the jar.

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Pear Banana Puree

Directions:
1) Peel skin of pears.
2) Chop pear into chunks.
3) Fill pot with water and steam pear chunks on medium heat for 10 minutes (to soften).
4) Let pear chunks cool.
5) Put pear chunks and banana chunks in Blendtec blender (I used the twister jar).
6) Blend on smoothie setting until desired consistency (add breast milk or formula if too thick).
7) Store and freeze in ice cube trays.

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

As you can see from these photos, baby girl was a huge fan of her new pear banana puree. Not going to lie, I tried a little bit of myself and it tasted just like a delicious fruit smoothie! I’m pretty excited about introducing her to new foods throughout the next few months and just seeing what she likes and doesn’t like.  And I’ll be sure to document new recipes and update you here. 🙂

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

And lastly, the best way I have found to store baby food is in ice cube trays. I got this silicone one from Ikea and it was the perfect amount for this batch of pureed fruit that I made. I froze this in the freezer and once it was frozen, I put each block into a ziploc bag and labeled it with the food item and date. When you are ready to feed, heat in the microwave or thaw in the fridge overnight. So easy!

Sandy a la Mode | Baby Food - Banana Pear Puree with Blendtec

What are your baby’s favorite pureed foods?

1. April 16, 2015 / 12:32 am

Your baby girl is too cute! I remember that all of us when we were babies were also fed foremost with smashed bananas. It’s so delicious and healthy.

2. April 16, 2015 / 1:13 am

Your little one is such a cutie and I used to love eating smashed bananas when I was little too!

3. April 16, 2015 / 6:02 am

First off thanks for sharing those adorable and smiling images of your baby! wonderful way to start my day. And bravo to you for making your own pureed food for her to eat! The Blendtec certainly has some nice features and looks easy to use-thanks for sharing!

4. April 16, 2015 / 6:35 am

Oh my goodness, that gorgeous little face just made my morning! She is precious. I am definitely forwarding this post to my best friend- she is starting her registry and I think Blendtec definitely looks so much better than the other products out there. I had a Baby Bullet (I think that’s what they’re called?) when my daughter was little and loved making her food. It sounds silly, but there was something really awesome about as all eating the same meal together, besides the fact that I knew she was getting high quality, fresh ingredients and not something that had been sitting in a jar for years!

5. Fi Ní Neachtáin
    April 16, 2015 / 7:59 am

Oh I wish I had a great gadget like this when I was making my sons purees. I had to use a hand blender and then upgraded to a baby food steamer and blender but still, it was hard work!

6. April 16, 2015 / 10:50 am

OMG your baby is adorable. Hoping to do this sort of stuff when I have a child too – you then know what exactly it is they’re eating, so much healthier. Is it cheaper too?

7. April 16, 2015 / 11:10 am

I made my own baby food for my guys but never used a gadget like this. Your little lady is so stinking cute….that headband?!?! Amazing!

8. April 16, 2015 / 2:36 pm

What a great idea. I bet that’s really tasty for her. We were never able to puree our own baby food with our blender when my kids were little.

9. Michelle Hwee
    April 16, 2015 / 4:57 pm

How cute!! I love the photos! 🙂 I don’t a baby of my own right now but I will definitely be making some homemade baby food. Thanks for sharing!

10. April 16, 2015 / 8:21 pm

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! Looks like she’s a big fan of this food. The blender really does a great job pureeing food.

11. April 16, 2015 / 9:27 pm

Your daughter looks so cute! Nothing like home cooked puree’s for babies. I can see that she is totally enjoying it.

12. April 16, 2015 / 10:15 pm

I think it’s a great idea to make homemade baby food. This sounds like a great blender to use to make baby food and your daughter is adorable!

13. Rebecca Swenor
    April 16, 2015 / 11:24 pm

This is an awesome way to introduce foods to babies. I have no babies but my sister and niece do so I will have to share this with them. I love the idea of putting it pureed foods in the ice trays and freezing them til needed. Thanks for sharing.

14. April 16, 2015 / 11:51 pm

Aww man, these pictures are too cute! Look at those cheeks. Such a simple but healthy dish, definitely going to try this once my baby is born.

15. April 17, 2015 / 8:16 am

Your baby girl is absolutely adorable! They certainly do grow up so fast, enjoy the time while it’s here. 🙂

16. April 17, 2015 / 12:23 pm

This looks super delicious. I love homemade baby food and used to make tons for my babies (I loved eating it too)

17. April 17, 2015 / 9:15 pm

Awww! Your daughter is so cute. That blender is something I would like to add to my kitchen appliances.

18. April 18, 2015 / 7:03 pm

Can you believe our babies are old enough to eat solids?!?! When did this happen?? 🙁