Austin’s 4th Airplane Birthday Party

Airplane birthday party
Would you believe that in the midst of the holidays, the craziness, and the travel we had planned, I also planned my son’s 4th birthday party!?!? I mean, this is going to happen every year as his birthday is so close to Christmas, but I just love how this one turned out, without pulling too many all-nighters. 😉 For Austin’s 4th birthday, I gave him an airplane birthday party. This guy is OBSESSED with airplanes and it was kind of awesome that a few days after his party, we actually got to ride an airplane (to visit family) too! And since we’ve gotten back, he’s seriously played non stop with his airplane toys, role playing the airport, flying in the air, getting baggage, it occupies him for HOURS. We never thought the day would come where he could use his imagination so well!

I will include all the shops where I got things from below, I just love how the dessert table came out and the fact that we had so many of our closest friends here with us to celebrate! He really had the BEST time.

Airplane birthday party  Airplane birthday party Airplane birthday party

The amazing cake, airplane cookies, cloud macarons and cupcakes were made by Plum Cakery and I couldn’t have been happier with it. They looked amazing and fit the airplane theme so well and TASTED good too. If you are in the Salt Lake City, Utah area, you should really check her out! We went with a variety of vanilla and chocolate and fruit options for the different desserts just to have a good sampling for everyone’s tastes buds!

Airplane birthday party Airplane birthday party Airplane birthday party

Then we had some other little “airplane” snacks and drinks, because that’s necessary for an airplane ride, am I right? Of course we had to serve Biscoff, a Delta fave. But the pretzels were for Southwest. 😉
Airplane party dessert table Airplane birthday party

I think one of my FAVE decor pieces was the paper airplane backdrop wall! Oh my gosh, it was so easy and had such an amazing impact! Well, I have to give big thanks to my husband and our friend Jack who helped fold the airplanes (I gave my husband just two tasks for the party – food and paper airplanes, and I did everything else)! We made a variety of sizes and taped them to the wall. I wanted to have 4 leading red airplanes to represent my son turning 4!!

Airplane birthday party
Airplane birthday party

Of course I made sure that our little family was all coordinated in red, blue and grey (the colors of the party)! 😉
Airplane birthday party

We played two games, one was this pin the propeller on the airplane (we spun the kids around blindfolded) and had them see who could get the closest. And then of course we had an airplane pinata full of candy, because my son is OBSESSED with pinatas. I didn’t get a great picture because I was afraid the kids would whack my camera, but I will link the one we used below.
Airplane birthday party
Minted Airplane Party Package

I also just wanted to share the invitations we got from Minted. I loved them because I was able to customize it to have Austin’s picture on it and have my own words on the right. We also got the Airplane Party Dream Package which really made my life so much easier because a ton of the little paper decor pieces were pretty much done for me, and it set the color theme for me pretty easily.

Airplane birthday party favor bags

And here is a peek at the favor bags (of baggage claim) that the guests got to leave with. It contained a cardboard airplane, candy airplane, more candy and pretzels.

Party Details:

Grey Tablecloth: Amazon
Blue Suitcases: Amazon
Cake, Cupcakes, Sugar Cookies, Macarons: Plum Cakery (based in SLC, UT)
Cake Topper: Amazon
Airplane Pinata (not pictured): Amazon
Gold metallic #4 Balloon (not pictured): Amazon
Cardboard Airplanes: Amazon

Shop the party:

Airplane Themed Birthday Party

1. January 14, 2016 / 12:23 pm

This is the cutest ever! That cake…. swoon!!

2. January 14, 2016 / 5:07 pm

Oh I just love it!! How cute are the paper air planes!! Love the cloud macarons!! Happy Birthday to Austin!! =)

3. January 17, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Really adorable, amazing party! Thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday and great to meet you!

4. January 17, 2016 / 6:16 pm

Aw, cute party for an adorable 6 year old! Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinned and tweeted.

5. January 18, 2016 / 10:49 am

This is way too cute. I’m in love with your paper airplane backdrop and that cake! Gets me excited about my girl’s first bday!

6. January 18, 2016 / 1:51 pm

What an adorable idea! Love the beautiful colors.

7. January 18, 2016 / 7:24 pm

This party is just so adorable. Love the airplane backdrop and the cloud placemat. Well done!

8. January 19, 2016 / 1:13 pm

About the cutest little boy party I’ve ever seen! Thanks for inspiring us at Monday fun day xo

9. January 20, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Super cute and beautiful!

10. January 23, 2016 / 10:33 am

This party is amazing! I love all the details; way to go!

11. January 23, 2016 / 2:54 pm

How FUN! He is one lucky little boy. Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty – I hope you will join us, next week.

12. January 23, 2016 / 4:11 pm

Such a great party! That cake is simply gorgeous! I’m sure he had a blast!!!

13. January 24, 2016 / 5:57 pm

What a great-looking party! We’re planning a party for my 4-year old son too – the theme is Baby Avengers. My husband designs a cute invitation and some tee shirts. Thanks for sharing this at Turn It Up Tuesday.

14. January 24, 2016 / 9:27 pm

You have one lucky little birthday boy there! What a darling party – I’m going to have to pass this onto my daughter for the grands!

Thanks for bringing this by Throwback Thursday and we’re looking forward to next week’s post already! I’ll be pinning it to our board, so please follow us there! 🙂

Mollie

15. January 25, 2016 / 1:10 pm

Hello cute lady! I’m stopping by to let you know your adorable birthday party will be featured at our party that starts tonight @ 7 pm. Woo Hoo! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for sharing this with us and we hope to see you tonight! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

16. January 28, 2016 / 7:40 am

This is just the cutest! I love all the little details. Thanks for linking up to the Handmade Hangout! You’ll be featured on my blog (www.occasionallycrafty.com) today when the new linky goes live at 6pm ET. I hope you’ll stop by and link up again!

17. January 28, 2016 / 10:10 am

Such an adorable kids party you had for your son! Happy to meet you via the party. Pinned & shared. Thanks for joining in to share at the Inspiration Spotlight party. See you again soon!

18. July 25, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Oh my goodness, this is SO adorable! You are very talented and so creative; I bet he had a blast! This has inspired me for our next birthday party for sure!

19. July 26, 2016 / 3:14 pm

I love the airplane theme. His cake is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week! Have a lovely week!

20. Pingback: {Friday Five}
  21. July 30, 2016 / 5:18 am

Austin is lucky to have such a cool mom!

22. July 31, 2016 / 6:43 pm

You were chosen to be featured at Family Joy Link up this week! Come grab our featured bUtton!

23. January 5, 2017 / 6:27 am

Such great birthday party. I t looks like Austin really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this at the This IS How We Roll Link party. Your post was chosen as a host favorite. See you this week!

24. January 5, 2017 / 8:35 am

What a gorgeous and fun birthday party theme. I adore the colors and my husband is a pilot so, of course, I love the plane theme. Congrats, you’re featured this week on the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party.

25. January 7, 2017 / 8:25 am

Wow. That must have taken many hours to get ready! Thanks for sharing this cute party with us at the Funtastic Friday linky party!

26. Jenny pham
    January 24, 2018 / 7:30 am

I have a project and have been trying to find instructions on how to fold airplanes just like that!! Can you help? #Emergrncy