Mommy and Me Outfits – Fur Vests and Velvet Pants

Velvet flare pantsWhy do I feel like it’s been awhile since we’ve twinned?!?! Ahhh it’s been too long, but we are back with another great post for our Mommy and Me Outfits series and yes, we are wearing VELVET, again! I have to tell you, that my moms favorite pants are a pair of teal velvet pants she has worn for years. She always raves about how comfy they are and I would always just nod and move on. But apparently everything comes back in fashion because now I am trying to buy up all velvet everything and now my mom is like, see told you so!? And I have to say that both of our velvet pants are like flare / bell bottoms which is also like old coming in to be new again, lately. But baby bells, I die, I think her whole pant wardrobe should be bells, do you agree?

A little bit about our outfits, we paired our pants with a cream sweater, fur vests and boots. It’s a super simple casual winter outfit and all the pieces truly are warm and comfortable! But really, I think these velvet pants can totally be dressed up when worn with a blouse and some heels or even more dressed down with an oversized top and slippers!

Mommy and Me outfits

Mommy and me outfits Project Sister Act - Velvet Mommy and me outfits velvet pants and fur vests Mommy and me fur vests How to style velour pants for a mommy and me outfit Mommy and Me outfits: How to wear velvet pants

Utah fashion blogger Mommy and me outfitsPhotography by The High Pines

My outfit:

Sweater: The Stockplace
Vest: Amazon
Pants: Forever 21

Vivian’s outfit:

Sweater: Rylee & Cru
Vest: Old Navy {similar}
Pants: Happy Shombey

Also, I just wanted to talk a little bit about something called Project Sister Act. It’s the complete debunking of the myth that fashion blogging is restricted to and dominated by only one age group.There are women from all walks of life and ages that can pull off the same color or trend their own way. This month’s theme is velvet and I have to say, it’s definitely a trend that has come back this winter and I know a lot of people think that they can’t pull it off. But just look at these women of all ages, doing it seamlessly.

how to style velvet

Eve (Teens) at The World According To Eve | Emily (20s) at Baily Lamb | Sheela (40s) at Sheela Writes | Carrie (50s) at A Stylish Fit

Hope this inspires you to step out of your comfort zone a little with your fashion choices, whatever your age may be! If my 2 year old, my 30+ year old self and all these women can wear it, you can too. 😉 And if you want to save these outfits for later, feel free to pin the image below!

5 Stylish Ways To Wear Velvet

1. January 27, 2017 / 1:05 pm

Well this has to be the cutest thing I’ve seen in a long time! I adore the red pants and those fur vests!

xo, Sara

2. January 27, 2017 / 5:41 pm

Sandy, you and your daughter are beautiful. Just beautiful!

3. January 28, 2017 / 6:59 am

You and your little one are absolutely adorable. These outfits are so sweet and the background on these pictures 😮. I really feel like you could be in a winter magazine spread.

Bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

4. January 28, 2017 / 3:53 pm

OMG Both of you velvet pants and fur vests are stinking adorable!

5. January 29, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Oh my goodness these pics are so adorable! These matching outfits are the sweetest! And love that floral crown too!

6. January 30, 2017 / 10:36 am

Utterly adorable, both of you! I love those trousers, Such a great folky vibe.

7. February 1, 2017 / 11:35 am

You both look lovely in the matching outfits. Great shots!

8. February 5, 2017 / 8:01 pm

You girls look AMAZING!! Love these mommies and me photoshoots!! Those velvet pants look great 🙂
    Thank you for linking up with Weekend Wear

xo
    Mel

9. February 9, 2017 / 9:07 am

As you know I am a huge fan of Mommy+Me matching looks and you two couldn’t have looked more beautiful in those stunning velvet pants and the neutral fur vests. Where in the world did you find identical velvet burgundy pants?! I love them. Also, your smiles are infectious, Sandy. Vivian is a beautiful little girl.

I loved this outfit so much I featured it on my Thursday Moda this week. Check it out on the link below and welcome by to linkup again this week. Love your style! Thanks, Ada. =)

10. Alexis
    October 31, 2018 / 10:50 am

If you just so happen to be cleaning out your closet and don;t want those pants anymore, can you send them my way? Forever 21 doesn’t have them anymore and I soooooo want to do this shoot 🙁