A few weekends ago, I helped to plan a girls day out, which actually also included a night out as well! I have to say, it was definitely NEEDED. I’ve always been one to have a lot of girl friends and having girl time is important for me. Especially since becoming a mom and having more responsibilities, being able to have some “me” time with my girls to just relax and recharge is important. I’m fortunate to have found some great friends here in Utah and I just wanted to share a little bit about how we planned the perfect girls day out – in case you are in need of one too!
With planning, I love lists, so I’ve come up with 7 things you will need think about to plan a successful girls day out.
1. Who To Invite – This one is first and hopefully an easy thing to do. Gather your girl friends together and get a head count, this will be important for making reservations or planning an activity that will accomodate your party.
2. What To Do – Well, this one might be the hardest one, but it’s the next step in the planning process. Based on your party’s size, what can you do? We had 9 girls all together and we decided to get pedicures done! We needed to make sure that the salon had enough seats for us at the same time (it’s important for girls to get pedicures together so there isn’t much waiting time). For our pedis, we viisited Nailed! Salon & Boutique in Salt Lake City, UT!
3. What To Eat and Drink – This may be at the top of importance, but you need to make sure your party has FOOD and DRINKS! We got some trays from a local grocery store, cake from a local bakery, and a variety of water, juice, and alcohol options that would work for everyone!
4. Decor – Balloons and flowers are classic decor items for a girls day out! The salon was actually super nice and set it up for us, but we also had one of the girls bring balloons as well! We were actually celebrating Violeta’s birthday too so a special “V” gold balloon for her was just perfect.
5. What To Wear – Depending on what you are doing, it might help you define what to wear for your girls day out. Since we were doing pedis, it is usually best to wear something so your legs can be free for massages and open toed shoes! We decided to all get some furry slip on sandals from Forever Young Shoes and let me tell you, they were perfect for after pedis and I just want to wear them all the time now, so comfy!
6. Capture the Moments – Invite a photographer or have your camera phones ready. Because you know you’re going to want to share the fun back on Facebook or Instagram, ha!
7. Don’t forget to relax and have fun! – Most importantly, enjoy the moment, chat, catch up with old friends, get a good buzz, and make sure your bellies are full.