• blogette

sew, fashion, more?

• let’s connect

Sandy a la Mode

• find your flavor

• Find Your Scoop

• Archive

I hope you guys are loving this “Dressing The Bump” series… and here is look #3!  This look actually uses a fitted maternity dress (but could still use a non-maternity jersey dress) paired with tights.  Technically since this is a dress, it could be worn without leggings, but we don’t quite have the weather to NOT wear leggings and I am not brave enough to bare it all yet.  ;)  When I was trying to figure out what shoes to wear with this outfit, I was thinking of sandals or wedges or flats, but my husband actually suggested I wear boots.  So I put on my Hunter’s and I actually really love how this look turned out.  And it’s perfect for those April showers.  Of course I had to throw in some florals to get that classic pattern mixing that I love oh-so-much in!

sandy_a_la_mode-dressing_the_bump

IMG_7693

IMG_7694

IMG_7695

IMG_7699

IMG_7700

IMG_7702

Outfit Details:

Dress: ASOS
Boots: Hunter
Scarf c/o Boden
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff

P.S. The winner of the $25 credit to PinkBlush Maternity giveaway is Amanda Healey or Perfectly Beautiful Things!  Congrats girl, send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize! :D

10 Comments ( Reply )

1. Tiffany of Just Another Shopaholic
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 8:41 pm

You’re so adorable and so is that scarf!

2. Dancing Branflake
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

So cute! I’m going to love this series.

3. Jenny
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 9:19 pm

I love how the stripes show off your cute bump! Love it! P.S. I finally emailed you back :)

4. giedre
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 10:21 pm

LOVE the red boots! I finally got myself a pair of bright yellow rainboots and they make me so happy every time I wear em! :)
    xox
    giedre

5. Happiness at Mid Life
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:57 am

Great outfit! Great suggestion by your hubby to wear this with boots.

Alice

6. jillian
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 7:48 am

love this series! love this outfit, especially with the boots! xo jillian – cornflake dreams

7. Brooke
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:59 am

You look adorable! I love the boots with this look too—good suggestion on your husband’s part! The dress is so cute and I love the fit. Your scarf adds a nice spring touch! It’s not warm enough here yet to go out with bare legs either..I’m still wearing tights under my dresses! Here’s to warm weather soon :) xo

8. ADA
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 4:40 pm

OK, now I can see the bump. That dress is gorgeous as is the scarf, but truly is those Red Hunters that are stealing my heart. I want a Red or Yellow (or both =D) pair baaaadly.

I am enjoying this series. This is my most favorite look of the bunch since I love me a Stripe Dress and a Floral Scarf. I am doing a 30 for 30 remix challenge this month and on yesterday’s look I wore my Striped Dress with a Floral Scarf (and bare legs – since it was warm). Check it out!

Have an easy, smooth pregnancy Gorgeous Lady!!

<3 Ada.

9. kelsey
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 12:03 am

this is darling! adore the pretty scarf
    ladies in navy

10. Cheryl
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 5:31 am

So chic! I love how you paired the stripes dress with a floral printed scarf and congratulations on being pregnant. :)