Cardigan: Forever 21, Tank Top: Ann Taylor Loft, Skirt: Express, Belt: Forever 21, Shoes: Target, Necklace: Forever 21
First, a few things I about this outfit.
– I love that half of the items are from Forever 21. I think I’ll probably shop there until I’m 40.
– You can’t see it, but the inside of the skirt is lined with leopard print, totally matches the belt!
– I’m a sucker for leopard print and ruffles, yippee!
– When I can’t think of a unique pose, I like to make funny faces (exhibit above).
And secondly, I’m linking this post up to my very first Awkward and Awesome! Thanks Sydney!
– Asking a question out loud directed at anyone in your cube area and then standing up and realizing that no one is around you.
– Which leads to putting in your headphones to do some monotonous work and singing certain lines of “Bad Romance” out loud and then realizing everyone’s back at their desks, dang it Pandora!
– Sitting on a conference call and someone flushes the toilet which interrupts the person speaking. Then everyone starts to giggle as they hurriedly press the mute button on their phones. You know you’ve taken your phone into the restroom before, don’t lie.
– But more commonly, hearing heavy breathing on a conference call.
– Taking Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies out of your teammates desk drawer while a whole bunch of people walk by. They think you are stealing but the truth is your teammate told you you could help yourself, honest.
– A project being put on hold and calling it “Project Mothballs”. Just sounds wrong.
– When you’re in the middle of a PowerPoint presentation and you hear barking noises. First instinct: how did a dog get into the building? And then you see someone fumbling to turn off their cell phone. 2 minutes later, another cell phone goes off with The Thong Song ring tone. People. Please turn your cell phones to vibrate or off!
– Not knowing how to end a conversation on the phone so you say “I’ll let you go,” followed by the other person saying, “No, I’ll let YOU go.” Well fine then.
– Arriving at work a little later than planned and getting second row parking, especially in this brutal cold weather.
– Going to the break room for lunch and realizing there is no line for the microwave, holla! It’s the little things in life, people.
– Privacy rooms. The perfect place to take a little afternoon nap, in theory, if you’re tired. I haven’t tried it yet but it’s nice to know I have the option.
– A call that is scheduled for 1 hour, lasting only 5 minutes. GLORIOUS!
– A handful of peanut butter M&Ms to fix your sweets craving.
– Having ZERO unread emails in your Inbox with responses out to all the necessary ones. Ten points for productivity!
– Sending out an email to the team saying that I brought in chocolate chip cookies with meat (bacon, woot!). And a few brave souls rushed over, tried them, and loved them!
– My mini space heater. The office is always WAY too cold for comfort.
I love your outfit! But are you wearing open toed shoes in this weather? My toes would fall off it’s so cold here!
I love your awkward & awesome, I’ve never worked in a cubicle so it’s fun to hear about it from others!
Hahahahah loved the awkward and awesomeness of this!!!! And in love with your outfit!!! Those shoes are from target?! And I’ll be there shopping at f21 with our canes and grandchildren! 😉
Let’s inclde that shopping trip in a future awkward post!
Oh my goodness.. Love the kissy face and those heels!! Saying “well ill let you go” is DEF so awkward…lol. Do it ALL the time. Weird. xoxoxoxox
You’re so lucky you have so many amazing finds at Forever21! Nothing in that store fits me, bleh =( Love the awkward photos <3
Love the awkward and awesome! I’ve probably missed this somewhere along the way but what do you do for work?
LOVE it!! I remember the days of some of this! You are sooo rocking awesome!!!! It’s totally the little things in life!
LOVE this awkward awesome!! Super duper love this outfit those shoes are amaze!
MEET VIRGINIA DESIGN
LMAO. Okay. The Thong Song? Really? LOL I died when I read that. Can you do a tutorial on how you get your hair to be that wavy? I’m dying to know. My hair is super flat 🙁
You are so funny! This thing was completely awesome. And I love your hair, Sandy doll! I’m always trying to get my hair to look like that. Tips?
you look gorgeous in these sandy! your cubicle ed. made me laugh! thank you!
Too funny, Sandy! I love your outfit and poses! And those shoes are awesome! I also love that you will be shopping at forever21 until you’re 40.. me too sister! lol
I have so many things to say First off, I love that outfit. So cute! Secondly, I really really really need to try those cookies. I love bacon anything!
The heavy breathing on a conference call one made me laugh hehe. And I loooove your outfit! And specifically your shoes!
haha love the akward pic!! and your belt is so cute, i think a animal print belt is my fave option out of all of them 🙂
a leopard print lined skirt? sounds so fab! cute outfit.
mmmm… peanut butter m&ms sound great! too bad i’ve never had them before. i don’t think they’re very common here in australia.
Love the belted cardi and shoes….I live at F21 too..and it doesnt hurt Chloe works there and snags all the latest and greatest as the shipments come in the store, lol.
Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Silver Lining Décor Jewelry Giveaway!!♥
Love the fun touch of the belt! My toes would be frozen though. A few years ago one of my students was shocked that I knew about Forever 21 (there isn’t one local to the school) and informed me I was too old to shop there. I explained it is FOREVER 21, which means I can shop there until I am 90. And I just might do that 🙂
Love the work look! I will try to wear more skirts to the office this year. I usually stick to trousers.
HAHAHA, the awkward was hilarious!!! and peanut butter M&Ms are my favorite! :]
So cute! I love the neutrals with the pop of leopard. You always look great, Sandy!
Such a cute outfit, I love that color blue on you!
you got those shoes at target?? why can i never find things like that?! i’m in love with them! you look adorable in that outfit 🙂
Great outfit, especially the belt; Love your awkward & awesome list 🙂
I am forever-impressed by your cubicle chic style — I think when I was working, I epically failed at this. I just never really knew what to wear, and there was a large dose of awkwardness in my office in general. And your lists! Those were fantastic. I always love meetings and phone calls (or classes in my case) that don’t go nearly as long as they’re supposed to.
I love these posts…both the cubicle chic and the awkward and awesome!
ashley dot hasty at gmail dot com
I love your outfit! Makes me miss dressing up cute for the office! Those shoes are awesome.
Hi Sandy! LOVE the cubicle outfit. I worked at a cubicle for almost 3 years before I started working from home and your little awkward and awesome notes reminds me so much of the office I worked in! Have a great day!
This is basically the BEST awkward/awesome post I have ever read; AND…I am obsessed with your leopard print belt – too cute!! 🙂
Aw your outfit is so cute! Love your facial expressions. Lol. And your awkward/awesome posts are great! I love getting time back on my calendar from a conference call! Haha
Hmmmm…awkward? Sitting in the very crowded library by myself and laughing out loud reading this.
amazing!!! i love that this post was office themed– reminds me of the awesome and awkward moments that i experience too! 🙂 can you please share your chocolate chip bacon cookies recipe with us???
dunkin donuts munchkins just aren’t cutting it anymore!
Hehe, you look so cute in these pictures, Sandy!! I wish I could look as cute as you, going into the office 😉
I actually have my space heater on as I read this. Excellent. 🙂
love this post! those shoes are awesome ..target really? must check it out!
I never know how to get off the phone with someone! I will be talking with a person for an hour and I just don’t know how to end the call!!! Or someone in the house will be on the phone with someone forever and they don’t know how to end the call so they say, “oh do you want to say hi to Megan?” and they hand the phone over to me!!! I still never know how to end these things!!!
haha super cute!! I think i will shop at forever 21 until im 50! lol
Hahaha! Awkward/Awesome indeed! You are so cute–love your belt!
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!
Hahahha I love those awkward and awesome list and your outfit is totally adorable:) Have a great day, darling
haha! You totally cracked me up with the awkward ones. Love the outfit! I LOVE forever21. It’s my favorite store… after Target! ;]
cute outfit! I’m a huge fan of black skirts – they go with everything! love your belt, too : )
i looove peanut butter m&m’s they always make me happy 🙂
and omg, my co-worker and i talk to each other all the time –over the cubes but we’re bad about telling each other when we leave. so LOTS of awkward pauses (is she still there?…hello? no. okay then awesome. glad everyone who goes out to the printer in front of my cube heard that—AND our disney pandora playlist. sad. sad.) so so many awkward moments in the office. i might have to participate next week! xoxo jcd
ps LOVE your little leopard belt!
Seriously lol’d at the awkward ring tone!
You look beyond adorable!!! Love how you belted your cardi. The leopard with the grey looks fabulous, sweetie xoxo
Love your outfit it’s great! And I totally believe that awkward IS awesome 🙂
Haha this post cracked me up! Love it!!!
haha! i love awkward things in life. and i love those shoes of yours! so cute!
awwww….sandy you look so cute! and the mini space heater in my very cold office is very awesome!
I hate awkward ringtones! Why can’t people just use the standard ringtone? :/ Do you think you could you share your recipe for bacon chocolate chip cookies? 🙂
Privacy rooms!?!?! I’m so jealous. There has been some times where I just wanted to crawl under my desk and take a power nap.
Love this outfit post! the leopard belt is such a cute little pop 🙂 this makes me miss office life…my new job is the antithesis of office life. and now i’m hungry for cookies too!
I love your belt, so fun that it matches the inside of your skirt too!
Bacon? What! This sounds interesting. I love the belt and I want to see the inside of your skirt now.
great leopard print accent and your Awkward and Awesomes are hilarious! someone really has The Thong Song for their ringtone?? wow. 🙂
cute and little
Totally can relate to the awkward and awesome moment about work!! and loving the flushing the toilet thing hahaha..
I’m in love with ruffles and leopard too!! I can prob say, I’m addicted to it
Your leopard belt is definitely awesome! And peanut butter m&ms are the best!! I think I need to go get some of those!
Thanks for the comment!
I am so jealous about your space heater, I am in desperate need of one for my office. The blizzards we keep having make it so cold!
-Meredith @ meredith and maggie
what a great post idea, sandy! you are gorgeous, friend…funny faces and all!
I love your belt! I am looking to expand my belt collection and I never thought of animal print belts but it looks amazing! Thanks for the great idea!
Sandy, your hair is awesome. Do you have it permed, or is it naturally wavy? Either way, I’m jealous.
i agree with everything on these lists, especially the “getting something from a friend’s desk” awkward moment. we’ve been friends for 10 years people. she lets me share her stash of herbal tea!
Forever 21 is staging and slow but imminent takeover on my closet too! Love how pretty and wavy your hair gets! Mine is asian straight…just a little wave would be nice 😉