S+S Wedding Rehearsal, Dinner, and Bump Update

As you all know, this past weekend Marv and I headed to Michigan for an eventful weekend!  We arrived on Thursday and headed straight to our hotel, in the heart of Greektown in downtown Detroit.  The best part is that we had a view of the city and the Tigers game – and they won that game too (but lost on Saturday).  After checking into the hotel, we headed down to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for my twinny’s wedding.  Here are some pictures that were taken from that day~!

See the Tigers Stadium stands in the top right of the second photo?

What a gorgeous church ceremony venue.

Look at these artistic shots that Marv captured!  😉

Afterwards we headed down to Shangri-La for many courses of delish Chinese food!

And someone even made a cake replica of Steph and Sean’s condo building, too cute!

Hubs, me, and baby.  🙂

dress: target | cardigan: gap | necklace: allora handmade | shoes: target

Bump update: 30.5 weeks

– In this past week, at least 5 of my friends felt baby move!  Many of them haven’t felt babies in bellies move before so I’m happy that they got to feel him!

– He has playing drums and congos in my belly like crazy this past week… but I enjoy this as a wake up call.  🙂

– Currently craving: bubble tea.  OK, I crave that every week.

– I have my last monthly appointment this week and then it will start being every TWO WEEKS, so crazy!

– I’m starting to be able to make out different body parts by feel… head, butt, legs.  🙂

pleated poppy

The interesting thing about most of these photos are that they were taken in poor/dark, non-natural lighting situations.  I’m no pro at photography so could use all the help I could get.  We also forgot to bring our external flash which made it harder as well since the built-in flash is so harsh.  So we pretty much just turned up the ISO way high, set a low aperture, sometimes adjusted exposure and crossed our fingers and prayed that it would work.  But anyhow… I’d love to hear your tips for taking better photos in dark lighting situations.

P.S.  Are you the blogger behind oomph.?  Congrats!  You are the winner of the Jaclyn1423 $20 credit giveaway!  Please send me an email at sandyalamode(at)gmail(dot)com to claim your prize!

1. October 18, 2011 / 7:50 pm

You’re looking good, Mama! A tripod will help a lot with lessening blur in photos where you don’t have adequate light.

I’m going to my last montly appointment this week, too! We’re getting close! 🙂

2. October 18, 2011 / 7:54 pm

Aw you are so cute!!! Great pictures – I have the same issue with dark rooms and taking pictures. Or taking pics of my baby niece without the flash and she just moves so much! But you have the right idea – up the ISO, put the aperture to the lowest number and then adjust the exposure so it’s at the middle bar on your view finder. That’s the best advice I can offer but I’m still learning too! 🙂

3. October 18, 2011 / 7:59 pm

first off, thanks for your comment ^_^

you look so cute with your baby bump!!

Linconnuedeindochine.blogspot.com

4. October 18, 2011 / 8:07 pm

Seriously you are SO cute Sandy! Loving your sweet baby bump!

5. October 18, 2011 / 8:23 pm

you and your hubby are so cute! i think your bump is awesome.

6. October 18, 2011 / 8:32 pm

awww sandy!!!! you are absolutely perfection as a preggy! i am so stinkin’ excited for you and marv as you move into the next chapter of your lives….parenthood! t

7. October 18, 2011 / 9:22 pm

you look uh-mazing, friend! and love that your hallway pictures turned out (hehe). 🙂

8. October 18, 2011 / 10:02 pm

Girl you are so adorable. My last monthly appointment is this Friday. D-day is getting closer!!!

9. October 18, 2011 / 10:05 pm

ahhh! your baby bump just gets cuter and cuter ^_^
    you look very lovely in your dress (and that rose necklace! how pretty).

30.5 weeks?? my gosh, it’s going by so fast! you must be getting reeeeally excited!

10. oomph,
    October 18, 2011 / 11:18 pm

yay, thank you! will email you.

you got the shoes…they look great! i still have trouble with my photos in dimly lit areas, but you seem to be doing the right thing with the iso and apperture. a tripod or very steady hand helps, too.

[oomph.]

11. October 18, 2011 / 11:42 pm

Honestly?I really think bad lighting is bad lighting and sometimes there’s just nothing you can do about it. But you look lovely!

12. October 19, 2011 / 12:40 am

Wow, exciting times ahead! You look fantastic!

13. October 19, 2011 / 5:10 am

Loving bump updates, You look amazing! I also have to say you go to soooooo many weddings. They are all so amazing to see.

14. October 19, 2011 / 7:19 am

what a gorgeous church – i love the architecture and stained glass of old churches – so cool! you’re getting so close!! you must be so excited 🙂

15. October 19, 2011 / 10:48 am

I LOVE the picture of the pews! Beautiful!

16. October 19, 2011 / 11:12 am

lol funny i was just at target the other day when i spotted the dress you’re wearing and thought it was the cutest maternity dress! i was tempted to grab it & i’m not even pregnant ^^ anyways, you look great 🙂

17. October 19, 2011 / 12:46 pm

The pictures are still great. I don’t even own a professional camera, so can’t really give you any tips! Your dress looks lovely x

18. October 19, 2011 / 1:25 pm

You look great! and i LOVE that necklace!

19. October 19, 2011 / 3:00 pm

i love the picture of you and hubs! so cute!

20. October 19, 2011 / 6:01 pm

Whoa Sandy, you look SO amazing! Looks like it was a great weekend! Those shots of you in the hotel hallway are so good! Marv did a great job! 😉 hehe.

21. October 20, 2011 / 5:42 am

Sounds like a wonderful night, and you look gorgeous! I love how you added that yellow necklace–it’s such a fun touch!

22. October 20, 2011 / 9:33 am

You look gorgeous – love that dress! I basically do the same as you in low light: bump up ISO as high as I can without too much noise and shoot wide open. I also always shoot in raw, so I can easily correct white balance and pull up any underexposed areas.

23. October 21, 2011 / 12:28 pm

yay Detroit!!! looks like a fun rehearsal dinner! i was so heartbroken about the Tigers losing 🙁 but on a happier note you are a gorgeous momms-to-be!!

24. October 26, 2011 / 7:08 pm

awww~ steph’s rehearsal! you always look so well put together! love how you coordinate your outfits. they’re always super cute!! <3