Back To School Capsule Wardrobe for Kids with Diapers.com Coupon Codes

Since shopping for all things back to school is a hot topic right now, I thought it might be helpful for moms if I created a back to school capsule wardrobe for kids. A capsule wardrobe is something I feel like I am doing well for my son… but my daughter’s wardrobe probably needs some work on trimming down, I just keep buying and buying for her. :/ For those of you who don’t know what a capsule wardrobe is, it’s a collection of clothing pieces that usually don’t go out of style and can be mix and matched to create many different outfits. And why do I suggest a capsule wardrobe? Because they truly are a great way to save money on back to school clothes. The more outfits you can create from a smaller amount of pieces, the more bang for the buck you will get.

Back To School Capsule Wardrobe for Boys - Save money with Diapers.com coupon codes

I went with a 20 piece collection in this boy’s capsule wardrobe and it contains a handful of tees in varying prints, button down shirts, layering shirts, skinny and colored jeans, a backpack, hat, a vest, pea coat, and a few comfortable yet stylish shoe options. My son seriously LOVES slip on shoes, and it makes getting ready in the mornings so much easier. Since back to school usually coincides with Fall, layering outfits can really add a bit more style to the look.

Back To School Capsule Wardrobe for Girls - Save money with Diapers.com coupon codes

For a girl’s capsule wardrobe, having some good basic tops, a good amount of legging options, overalls, a dress for picture day, a fur vest for layering, jackets to keep warm on cold days, hair clips, casual and dressy shoes, and a backpack should cover it for back to school styles. However, I’m such a color person, that having a few pops of color in a girl’s wardrobe always adds a little fun.

Want a few extra money saving tips

1. Make sure to search online for coupon codes.
  2. Buy reliable shoes. Since they will probably get the most wear and tear quickly out of all the pieces of a back to school wardrobe, ensuring you are getting good quality shoes that can withstand children running around all day is key.
  3. Sell to a kid’s consignment/thrift stores and buy from there too. You might be able to make a little cash on your gently used pieces in a smaller size, and then turn around a buy other’s gently used pieces in your kids new size for cheaper.
  4. Do a clothing swap with friends.
  5. If you know a store always has certain semi-annual sales or Black Friday sales, save up or those times. You don’t have to buy everything all at once, but it can be a wardrobe in process.

Do you have any other money saving tips for kid’s back to school clothes?

1. August 12, 2016 / 10:49 am

Outlet stores. MY biggest tip is outlet stores. You can get amazing stuff at crazy prices at those places.

2. August 12, 2016 / 12:14 pm

my biggest tip is combining coupons with sales. Almost every popular place that sells kids’ clothes offer coupons, and there can be amazing deals if those coupons are used when items are already on sale.

3. August 12, 2016 / 2:31 pm

i LOVE TO SHOP ONLINE FOR CLOTHES. tHESE ARE GREAT TIPS PROMO CODES ARE GREAT THIS TIME OF YEAR WITH BACK TO SCHOOL SALES!

4. Angela Harris
    August 12, 2016 / 7:40 pm

My biggest tips would be to shop the clearance section. Combine sales with coupons and don’t be afraid to shop at WALMART and the THRIFT store. I have picked up $1 and $3 shirts and shorts at WALMART.

5. August 13, 2016 / 7:24 am

love the ideas! I shop at different times in the year for the next season sometimes. When the season ends, that’s when I buy for next year’s (especially staple pieces like jeans and t-shirts).

6. Gabriel
    August 13, 2016 / 11:48 am

I DON’T THINK I’m mentally prepared for back to school shopping yet. Seems like summer just started.

7. August 13, 2016 / 7:10 pm

These are excellent ideas. I usually get them a few items for back to school. Then i buy through out the year so i can spread out the expense.

8. August 14, 2016 / 7:58 am

Love all those items for the boys. they would look good on my son. 🙂 we’ve started back-to-school shopping but we”re not done yet.

9. Kathy
    August 14, 2016 / 10:34 am

These are all wonderful pieces! My daughters would love them all! I actually love shopping for back to school.

10. August 14, 2016 / 7:18 pm

I love all these outfits. fantastic looks for boys and girls. hard to beleive that the start of the school year is around the corner.

11. August 15, 2016 / 9:30 am

I have never even thought about using diapers.com to shop for kids clothing!

12. August 17, 2016 / 2:09 pm

I love shopping online for everything back to school. I can always find great deals and coupons and don’t have to go out and fight the crowds. Thanks for joining the Family Joy Link Party!

13. adriana
    August 19, 2016 / 2:05 pm

Shopping online for back to school is so fun! I love your picks, there’s always such great options for little kids it’s the best!