With Mother’s Day coming up, I got to thinking what were some hacks that would make my life easier as a mom. I recently asked my followers on Instagram what their favorite mom hacks were and rounded up 21 of the best ideas! From every day items, to items that will make traveling easier, to organization and cleaning products to electronics, we’ve got you covered!!
- Baby Wipes – Why is this a mom hack? Well you ever see a dirty table at a restaurant and wished you could wipe it down? Carrying baby wipes around helps my OCD when it comes to wiping things down.
- Dawn Dish Soap – This is not only for washing your dirty dishes but it’s awesome for getting grease stains and a lot of other stains out as well (I’ve been able to get strawberry and chocolate stains out with this!) You will need to rub it into the spots where it needs to be treated and soak it in some peroxide for about 10-15 minutes (but not for much longer). Rinse and throw it into your wash. Someone also suggested that baby powder or cornstarch will also help get out those tough grease stains.
- Best carpet cleaner – It seems nearly impossible to keep the carpet or rugs clean with kids. This will make your job easier to get those pesky stains out. It’s always handy to keep this around.
- Mommy Hook – Ever see something and think “Why didn’t I think of that??” Well this mommy hook is genius. It clips on to any stroller or shopping cart to help carry your bags when you don’t have room. It’s also handy to help carry your bags from your car to your home easily.
- Bracelet Key Ring Holder – If you’ve watched my IG stories over on @sandyalamode, then you’ve seen me use my bracelet key ring holder a lot. It truly is a life saver. It helps me free up one hand while running out the door with the kids in the morning. It also helps save time so you’re not digging in your purse wondering where your keys went.
- Gel window clings – These are awesome for kids when traveling on an airplane. It should keep them entertained for awhile since they are able to peel them off and stick them back on again to the window.
- Wink Naturals Melts and Zen Drops – These were recommended by a follower and I have read so much about them. If your child has trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, the melts will help with this. I would consult with your doctor beforehand just to be on the safe side.
- NappieSack – This helps keep your toiletries organized for when you’re traveling.
- Car Litter Bags – Who else’s car literally has trash all over? If you are anything like me… then you need these litter bags for your car that come with easy removable liners!
- Shower Caddy – A follower suggested to use a shower caddy to help organize toys, snacks, and water bottles in the car. I love this idea! I don’t like having toys rolling around on the floor and this will keep them a bit more organized
- Sterilite case – If you have a little girl, it’s hard to find time to do her hair in the mornings. A follower suggested leaving one of these cases in the car with her elastic hair ties, bows, clips, and a hairbrush for emergencies. It’s can also be used to keep crayons, markers, and stickers for traveling.
- GoStak Twist Off containers – This is convenient for on-the-go moms. You can pack these with different snacks ahead of time and grab it on the way out. If you need one with more space to fill more snacks, this is another great option.
- Pottery Barn Bento Box Lunch Container – This bento box container is perfect for packing lunches for school but also works well when traveling. It has a little ‘secret’ compartment for a special treats for your kids.
- Medium sized makeup bag – Put a few diapers, extra outfit, wipes in this clear makeup bag and leave it in the car for emergencies.
- ToteSavvy – If you dread the thought of having to buy yet ANOTHER bag to carry your baby’s essentials around, this ToteSavvy is perfect for you! It easily transforms any tote bag you own to a diaper bag!
- Packing cubes – If you’re traveling with the family, these are great to have on hand when packing. It makes packing easier and neater and it’ll prevent your clothes from getting all wrinkled.
MOBILE / ELECTRONIC ITEMS
- Loopy Cases or PopSockets – Both of these help you to never drop your phone. The Loopy Cases loop lays flat so you can fit it into your back pocket unlike the big knobs and you can loop your finger into it so it’s more secure. And the PopSocket holder makes holding your phone easier and can double as as stand!
- Magnetic phone holder for car – This sticks into your car’s air vents and uses a strong magnet to hold your phone up. I would use it when I’m using my GPS because you should never be looking at your phone when driving.
- iPhone Crossbody – How cute is this little crossbody for your phone? You’ll always know where your phone is.
- Tile – I lose my keys and phone about 10 times a day. The tile helps you keep track of your essentials. It will even make your phone ring even if it’s set on silent!
- Portable Battery Chargers with fast charging cords – I can’t live without these portable chargers and cords especially on days when I forgot to charge my phone overnight! I always have one charging and one in the car so that I can swap it out when one runs out.
- Apple Watch 3 Generation – It’s not always ideal to have your phone attached to you 24/7. This will help you make calls and texts without phone around. (It can be found here for $50 off! Pink sand, black, silver options)
Hopefully you find something that will make your life easier. Is there a mom hack that you have? Leave a comment below!