Vivian’s Garden 1st Birthday Party!

First Birthday Garden Party
1st birthday garden party
I am so happy to finally share the details of Vivian’s garden 1st birthday party! I planned for this party for months and I am so happy with the way it turned out. Because I am obsessed with all things florals, I wanted to do a garden party theme for her that highlighted all sorts of bright and colorful florals. My color palette was pinks and purples, with a dash of blues and golds. I wanted a more bright white vs. a vintage feel because I thought a brighter look would be more fitting for a 1st birthday party!

Garden Party for 1st birthday
Garden 1st Birthday Party

vivian turns one

1st birthday garden party

Vivian did so well at her 1st birthday party, she only cried a few times, but it wasn’t anything major. She went around and waved “hi” to everyone and participated in all the activity her mama planned for her! 😉 If you remember from her cake smash, she barely dug into the cake so I wasn’t sure how she would react to her birthday cupcake. But in true Vivian style, she put her foot up and started digging into it, didn’t get super messy, but that was probably for the better anyways!
1st birthday garden party

These last few pictures were a little game that we played from a Chinese tradition. Basically what people do is pick some items that relate to certain professions and whatever your baby picks, will determine their future. So for example, a ball would mean an athlete, an abacus means a mathematician, a necklace could mean a fashion designer, etc… so of course my super girly girl picked the BALL first, HEH! And then quickly dropped it and picked up the money, which I take it means she will be pretty well off in her future, or a banker or something! 😉

1st birthday garden party

It was a little hot that day of the party, especially for September in Utah, but I couldn’t have asked for anything different.  Two days later it rained 3 days straight and I am just so happy it didn’t rain on her party day!

The party was absolutely perfect and I can’t believe my baby girl is already 1 years old and growing! And just want to give a special thanks to everyone that helped with the decor, the food, her outfit, the setup, the take down, the planning, I couldn’t have done it without you. 🙂

Party Details:
*Fresh Flowers: La Belle Fleur
*Birthday Chalkboard: Pearl Pear Designs
*Party In A Box paper designs: Happy Confetti
*Floral Design: Canary Jane
*5×5 Instagram Prints: Pro Digital Photos
ONE Gold Balloons: It’s My Perfect Party

*Vendor based in/around Salt Lake City, UT (although many do ship their items)

Vivian’s outfit:
Headband (custom): Czarina’s Project
Dress: Wrare Doll
Shoes: Love Winnie James

Photography by Diana Putnam Photography

Shop the post:

1. Kelly
    September 23, 2015 / 9:27 pm

You did such a terrific job, what an absolutely beautiful day!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

2. September 23, 2015 / 10:03 pm

Happy Birthday!!
    that’s how my daughter eats, too! with her foot up 🙂 so cute

3. September 24, 2015 / 12:19 am

Everything turned out so absolutely adorable! Good job momma!

4. September 24, 2015 / 9:25 am

Happy happy birthday, Vivian!

Also, had no idea that the fortune ritual was a Chinese tradition, as well. Korean 1st birthday celebrations include the same ritual. Very fun and cute.

5. Rachel
    September 24, 2015 / 12:04 pm

So in love with her party!! It turned out just beautiful, I’m so jealous!! You did an amazing job Sandy! XO

6. September 26, 2015 / 4:52 pm

This is truly stunning. Can you please plan all of my future parties? AMAZING job!
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

7. September 27, 2015 / 5:46 am

This is beyond amazing!! Everything is so pretty!! Love those little cakes!!

pinkandnavystripes.com

8. Lisa @ Fun Money Mom
    October 2, 2015 / 2:11 pm

This is absolutely beautiful! You did a wonderful job with all the food and decorations. I’m so glad you linked up at Share The Wealth Sunday and I’ve chosen you as a feature for this weeks edition (and you’ll be featured on my FB page as well). Have a wonderful weekend!!!
    xoxo
    Lisa @ Fun Money Mom

9. October 2, 2015 / 5:01 pm

Stunning party!! All your details are beautiful!

10. October 3, 2015 / 8:12 am

Beautiful Party!!! It was so fun to be there, and these pictures are awesome, Diana!

11. October 4, 2015 / 8:48 pm

How adorable is this. It’s one of the most beautiful parties that I have seen. I love the details, everything is perfect. Thanks for sharing this on Sunday’s Best linkup. I hope to see this on the linkup again!

12. October 5, 2015 / 4:56 am

I’ve never seen such a pretty birthday party! Everything is beautiful, and looks pulled together so well! I love all the little details. Thanks so much for linking up with us in the Best of the Blogosphere!

13. October 5, 2015 / 11:02 am

I’m stopping by to let you know that we will be featuring your birthday party at our party that starts tonight at 7 pm. Happy dance time! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for sharing such an amazing post with us. I hope to see you tonight! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

14. October 11, 2015 / 10:22 am

Aww! So much cuteness!!! <3 <3

Thanks for linking up with us at the Best of the Blogosphere!

15. October 13, 2015 / 11:35 am

This is the most beautiful birthday party I’ve ever seen! Nice work!! I wanted to let you know that I’m featuring this post tonight at the Create & Share Link Party (7:00 PM MST)! Congratulations!!! Can’t wait to see what you share with us this week. 🙂

16. Jane
    October 26, 2015 / 2:49 pm

I love it!!! What a creative and beautiful theme.

17. Jetaimejetaime
    September 1, 2016 / 10:23 am

What a gorgeous party!

Must tell us who made all the paper goods, “let’s eat cake”, tags, water bottle labels.

18. April 3, 2017 / 6:23 pm

Amazing display! Love that cake! One lucky little girl! Thanks for sharing on Funtastic Friday!

19. July 17, 2017 / 11:30 am

This is simply adorable! Love all the little details and everything was spot on. Beautiful colour scheme as well.

20. July 20, 2017 / 9:41 am

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful party setting. I love the flowers, and the presentation of the food is gorgeous.
    Carol (“Mimi”) from Home with Mimi