When most people think of Summer activities, the first thing that comes to mind is probably outdoor things like going to fairs or carnivals or going to a splash park or pool. However, sometimes, depending on where you live, it’s too hot to be outdoors for too long or else it’s a sun burn or overheating waiting to happen. Because honestly when it’s over 100 degrees out (or even 90), sometimes all you want to do is stay inside and enjoy cool A/C, yea? So I have rounded up 7 of the top indoor activities to do with your kids on hot Summer days… keep reading for the list!
7 Indoor Activities To Do With Your Kids On Hot Summer Days
1. Visit a local museum. In Utah, our favorites are Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point and Discovery Gateway.
2. Imaginative play with ZDough. I love this brand of play dough so much especially because it’s scented. Play dough is such a great way for kids to use their creativity too.
3. Make popsicles together. Well this is a no brainer, because the end result is YUMMY! The hardest part is waiting for them to set!
4. Rent/buy a bounce house. I’ve seen my friends do it, and you probably need a big enough room in your house, but this seriously could be hours of entertainment. I seriously am considering one for our play room!
5. Play hide and seek. This is Austin’s favorite. He loves dragging his sister along to his hiding spots and she usually gives it away with her giggles haha!
6. Finish a coloring book. My goal for my kids is for them to one day be able to sit down long enough to finish a coloring book… usually Austin asks for my help in coloring, and I really don’t mind. It’s kind of therapeutic!
7. Have a movie night. Pop in a kid’s movie, pop some popcorn and sit back and enjoy with your family.
Dress c/o LulaRoe from LulaRoe RUSH
To find our more information on becoming a LulaRoe consultant, make full time income with a part time job, and be in the fashion industry, visit this post. It’s seriously one of my top read posts on the blog, so you know it must be good!
Dress: Muny Design
Headband: Elle Bowtique
Photography by Jill Collier Photography
Such a cute baby!! Can I pinch her? Hehe.
this dress is so pretty and I love the scented playdoh option!
cute & little
Beautiful dress and I always love what you put on Vivian! My kids love play doughs and I may have to look into this scented one.
Your baby is seriously so cute. I love the idea of this play dough. I have never heard of that brand. I will have to look for it. Thanks for linking up with us at Family Joy Blog Link Up Party this week.
Found your blog on Link Party Organized by Janice.. You have some listed pretty interesting indoor activities worth trying..
Psst.. I write here on http://www.xosam.com (Parenting related topics) and have been gaining a lot of viewership through Janice’s link party..
Thanks to Janice and thanks to you..
First off your daughter is so adorable!!! Oh, it’s been hot here too. These are fun activities for the little ones. Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight party. Shared See you again soon.
Those are all fun ideas but I vote for the popsicles, lol!! Your dresses are lovely – I don’t know why I don’t think to wear dresses more often now that I’m retired – maybe I had to wear too many when I worked! But I’m inspired! Thanks for sharing with us at Throwback Thursday! I peeked in earlier, but didn’t get a chance to comment before now! Have a great weekend!